CrossEPG updates and enhancments coming to ViX

its not worth doing if you cant do it the easy way :)

i tried to do it via building but am having issues on my server not sure if its cos im using latest ubuntu.

Full changelog
-------------

CrossEPG 0.7.xx is now also available via our OE-Alliance sister images and the BlackHole Image series 2.0.7.1 onwards.

======

1-11-2013
-[CrossEPG] version 0.7 thanks to Skaman, i still have some stuff to finish like new scheduler, AUS OpenTV needs testing.
-add missing mo

2-11-2013
-[CrosEPG] remove MHW2 from menu, as it is no longer supported, update About info.

8-11-2013
-update scheduler to same procedure as AutoBouquetsMaker.
-fix scheduler run for only instandby, and fix cosmetic issue.

9-11-2013
-fix missing import.
-[CrossEPG] allow unto 8 frontends.
-Revert "[CrossEPG] allow unto 8 frontends.", This reverts commit ccd4c91.

11-11-2013
-[Downloader] we can only use first 4 frontends, skip all others.

12-11-2013
-allow to compile without poll, makes download slower as PID’s have to be read in order, but some drivers have issues with the original way.
todo, make CrossEPG download a background task so the E2 gui is not locked, so it does not matter how long download takes.
-allow more tuners.

13-11-2013
-[download] allow a little time for motors to finish lock, before trying to download data

@rossi2000 Any chance of an .ipk

Want to try it on an OpenPli image

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive noticed attachments cant be downloaded either :err:

Got one from Abu and it works fine on OpenPli but I had to extract and ftp it across,if you try to install it by telnet it just installs the latest OpenPli version,
if you try to install through the box menu it wont install and gives no errors :)

here yee are

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.7.04+git376+8a8a270-r5_gbquad.ipk
    587.3 KB · Views: 16
PHEONIX, The changes I made to the files crossepg_auto.py and crossepg_setup.py have made it into the new package but a change I made to the file cross_loader.py, did a fork around a year ago to replace the os.system calls which can fail with an out of memory error with an enigma2 call back routine hasn't.

I'm not too sure how to do a fork/pull request for something so old so am wondering if maybe you can pass a message to whoever so that they can do a review and decide if the change should make it across.

I have a copy of the revised file if that makes things easier?

@IAmATeaf
Maybe an idea for you to communicate with AndyBlac directly as he is the one coding. When I passed your message on he said something about it not having been changed since April.

Thanks.

Have tried on openpli 4.0 vu solo work fine so far only problem is after download EPG don't return back to screen no menu etc switch box off at mains back to normal reason I needed this is it would return to internal memory for epg

@IAmATeaf
Maybe an idea for you to communicate with AndyBlac directly as he is the one coding. When I passed your message on he said something about it not having been changed since April.

Thanks.

As I said I created a fork and then a pull request for this change around a year ago, so you'd need to look further back than that.

Here's a link to it but I'm not too sure if I'm the only person that can see the contents of the link? https://github.com/IAmATeaf/e2openplugin-CrossEPG

sorry mate only just seen your post, as abu suggests it's best that you speak to andy him self on the ViX forum as he does not use other forums.

p.s this page shows your commits

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
how can i extract .ipk files had same problem as wiz569 openpli install different one

7zip will extract ipks. you have to use process second time to extract "data"

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

As you asked how to extract, I am asssuming that it failed to install? Is that correct?

it is on there done settings but when i go to download it flys through screens at the bottom, starting download,converting does it in 2 seconds

Did you install it or just transfer it?

If transfer, does that mean installation failed?

transfer if i try to install ipk it downloads latest one on pli feeds which is different

Back