CrossEPG updates and enhancments coming to ViX

Wiz the problem is that making things cross platform isn't that easy from what I've seen and played around with. So the vix guys do what they need to do for vix which is understandable.

What would be a nice improvement would be to be able to shrink the database which just seems to get bigger and bigger over time.

What would be a nice improvement would be to be able to shrink the database which just seems to get bigger and bigger over time.

Thats exactly what the new defrag feature is for.

Wiz the problem is that making things cross platform isn't that easy from what I've seen and played around with. So the vix guys do what they need to do for vix which is understandable.

But I thought the whole idea behind the OE-Alliance was that all plugins etc would be compatible across all ranges of boxes that they created images for?

Kind of defeats the purpose of having an OE-Alliance doesnt it?

But I thought the whole idea behind the OE-Alliance was that all plugins etc would be compatible across all ranges of boxes that they created images for?

Kind of defeats the purpose of having an OE-Alliance doesnt it?

The OE-Alliance provides a central GIT for all member teams to cherry pick from, but each team is still untimely responsible for their own OE build environment. all ViX plugins are fully OE-A compliant and many other members of the OE-A regularly use these plugins such as OpenATV.

One improvement I've noticed since cross epg update my box retains a few days epg data where as before it wouldn't retain any if I rebooted or took the box out of standby. I have to use an older cross ep plugin version to retain 7 days epg.

Is this being looked into?

The OE-Alliance provides a central GIT for all member teams to cherry pick from, but each team is still untimely responsible for their own OE build environment. all ViX plugins are fully OE-A compliant and many other members of the OE-A regularly use these plugins such as OpenATV.

Feck me its like pulling teeth lol

So as i was saying if somebody could create an ipk file from the new crossepg oe-alliance source, we may then be able to try it on non vix images and boxes,

I might come across as stupid at times but I'm usually not, I even surprise myself sometimes :D,

Also are OpenATV the same as OpenAAF?

Feck me its like pulling teeth lol

So as i was saying if somebody could create an ipk file from the new crossepg oe-alliance source, we may then be able to try it on non vix images and boxes,

I might come across as stupid at times but I'm usually not, I even surprise myself sometimes :D,

Also are OpenATV the same as OpenAAF?

I cant answer questions about .ipk's files as i dont build them. OpenATV is the new name for OpenAAF.

I cant answer questions about .ipk's files as i dont build them. OpenATV is the new name for OpenAAF.

As I said already I know you dont compile ipk but would/could Andy? And could you ask him?

Thats it now I cannot put it any clearer :)

if you clone the git im pretty sure you can just build the crossepg package which will build an ipk at the end of it. thats how it used to work anyway.
im working away all week so i cant do this atm.

Just to add this works perfectly using vix 3.0 on a vu solo2, I use the auto updater overnight so it really affects me none but I have on occasion had the updater fail and had to do a manual download. This makes it utterly painless and even the wife can use it which is a blessing.

Threw on the OpenATV image this morning just to check this out,

Obviously only having one tuner you dont get the full benefit,
So basically it just freezes the screen were it would normally switch to the radio channel,but it completes in about half the time :)

Good update to CrossEPG in fairness,but you would really need two tuners to get the full benefit,

Wonder if you could use a remote box as a spare tuner ala remotestreamconverter plugin??

EDIT: OK after watching CrossEPG run on my usual image,I'm now not sure its quicker lol
It might just be an optical illusion because the channel swap doesnt happen,it seems quicker
But still a good update regardless :)

Last edited:
I asked for this feature months and months ago. Glad to see it implemented. Its a v.good feature.

I asked for this feature months and months ago. Glad to see it implemented. Its a v.good feature.

yes it's been on andy's to do list since he coded ABM and your requests were not ignored, he just needed to find the time to get around to it.

Yup. The merging of abm and crossepg would be even better :)
Im sure andy can do it!!!

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.7.01+git367+7c6b2c8-r1_mips32el

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.7.01+git367+7c6b2c8-r1_mips32el.ipk
    586.4 KB · Views: 11
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.7.01+git367+7c6b2c8-r1_mips32el

Cheers @rossi2000

Don't need it now as I'm now using an OpenATV image which has it in its feeds :)

But its appreciated m8
Don't suppose you could explain how you created it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
opkg download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg

totally forgot about that command in the vix image.

Back