CrossEPG updates and enhancments coming to ViX

PHEONIX

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys.

Andyblac has once again twiddled those magic fingers and has commenced a major recode of the CrossEPG plugin, from build 755 CrossEPG will use a free tuner same as ABM does to gather its data. work is still ongoing but this should give you a quick idea of how things are coming. also included is a new defragment database option.

Once again i would like to give my personal thanks to Andyblac of the ViX image team / OE-Alliance for his continual strive to improve Enigma2 for ALL users of all images alike.

Here are a few screenshots of the new CrossEPG in action in build 755.

Attachments

• grab5.png
    grab5.png
    909.4 KB · Views: 48
  • grab4.png
    grab4.png
    809 KB · Views: 43
  • grab3.png
    grab3.png
    982.9 KB · Views: 38
  • grab2.png
    grab2.png
    857.6 KB · Views: 38
  • grab1.png
    grab1.png
    499.4 KB · Views: 53
I'm all for improvements but don't the screenies look like how CrossEPG works right now?

I'm all for improvements but don't the screenies look like how CrossEPG works right now?

if you look at the screen shots they show CrossEPG running in the background while on a live TV channel without having to switch to a radio channel / blank background. no other image / team offers this except ViX and the OE-Alliance.

if you look at the screen shots they show CrossEPG running in the background while on a live TV channel without having to switch to a radio channel / blank background. no other image / team offers this except ViX and the OE-Alliance.

In fairness it does look better when run in the background,but what about single tuner boxes?

And is he submitting his changes back to the crossepg github so other boxes can use it?

In fairness it does look better when run in the background,but what about single tuner boxes?

And is he submitting his changes back to the crossepg github so other boxes can use it?

on a single tuner box the screen will briefly go blank but it will not switch to a radio channel first so overall it's still faster, plus other additions which are still to come. as for GIT hub every thing is in the OE-Alliance GIT for others to use if they wish as with all ViX / OE-A plugins.

on a single tuner box the screen will briefly go blank but it will not switch to a radio channel first so overall it's still faster, plus other additions which are still to come. as for GIT hub every thing is in the OE-Alliance GIT for others to use if they wish as with all ViX / OE-A plugins.

Its a pity it cant run in the background on single tuner boxes,although I sort of do understand why :)

So is he not submitting the changes back to this github https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-CrossEPG?

At least that way we could all benefit :) As I do believe OpenPli use that one yes?

Or to put it another way, as I'm no coder, can andy make an updated crossepg.ipk file, as the openpli team wont because they dont use the oe-alliance git hub?

That way it will get shared for all to benefit in true open source form :)

The problem is that the implementation of CrossEPG within ViX is different which is why there is the separate source for ViX.

I've submitted changes to the original source and some of the changes have made it in and others haven't as the author or persons managing the source hasn't looked in for ages.

The problem is that the implementation of CrossEPG within ViX is different which is why there is the separate source for ViX.

I've submitted changes to the original source and some of the changes have made it in and others haven't as the author or persons managing the source hasn't looked in for ages.

I see the openpli team made a change very recently to the original crossepg source, i think it was a problem with it and openpli 4.0

I know the original author abandoned it some time ago, i was just hoping it could be updated with the vix changes because it would be good to use a more upto date version :)

Guess I need to learn how to create an ipk from source :(

Unless andyblac can make a generic one :)

The original CrossEPG GIT was created by sandro aka skaman of the siff image team and made part of the E2openplugins project, when siff team joined the OE-A, the plugin was forked to the OE-A where it is maintained for the OE-A.

One problem here is that ViX and the OE-A are very different from pli and many of the OE-A plugins will not natively work in pli without being modified, something pli wont do them selves so why should some one else.

Another problem is that skaman has now essentially quit from enigma2 all together and no longer maintains this or any of his original works and most of the commits pli make break other images hence why andy has commenced on this long overdue rewrite and update of CrossEPG for the OE-A, that said it is still opensource and pli are welcome to take any of the fixes in the fork but they are well known for wanting others to do the work for them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed reply m8 :)

It explains a lot, but is there any chance of andy making a generic ipk with his fixes included, failing that does anybody have a good tut on creating /compiling one from the oe-alliance github?

I think I did a sex wee the day you fixed crossepg reverting to internal flash lol :D

Very nice option to have crossepg run in the background with live TV still running . But most would have crossepg do its downloads over night anyway.

Not really a feature I personally need.

Very nice option to have crossepg run in the background with live TV still running . But most would have crossepg do its downloads over night anyway.

It's not the only improvement. Andy added a Defragment option for those using very large EPG's, and support for Austar ( 156 east ), plus a lot of other long overdue updates.

Last edited:

The only reason it would be good is for those that run EPG manually (like me) but its not for 800se so don't count :)

It's not the only improvement. Andy added a Defragment option for those using very large EPG's, and support for Austar ( 156 east ), plus a lot of other long overdue updates.

Very nice but you didn't answer my question in post 15 ;)

Back