Couple of curious questions

nimbers

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i've got a couple of questions that just want to know if possible. any help answering these would be gratefully appreciated

can i use my backup of a my tm500s on another tm500s (thinking off getting another box for my upstairs) ??

if above is possible do i just run splitter from my original feed from my dish?

can i alter this back up to work on other tm machines?

is there a way i can install wifi to a tm500s? or is there a similar box out there that offers this feature?

2. You do not put a splitter at the dish. Your LNB needs to have a free port to connect to the second receiver.

4. You could use a wifi bridge or setup a router as a repeater. I sometimes use the wifi bridge connected to my my android phone/mifi.

2. You do not put a splitter at the dish. Your LNB needs to have a free port to connect to the second receiver.

4. You could use a wifi bridge or setup a router as a repeater. I sometimes use the wifi bridge connected to my my android phone/mifi.

cheers abu baniaz, do you have any links on how to bridge the router etc?

hi again, this is another curious question i was speaking to my m8 the other day and he was telling me that there's loads of recievers that the tm500s software works on. is this correct or is he just recking my head ? none of the boxes he mentioned where Tm though but maybe equivlents etc has any 1 get any ideas what these boxes are? I dont remember the ones he said as i was out having a few jars and not seen the lad for a while so we got talking etc and he told me a b c worked thanks in advance

Instead of a wi-fi bridge you could just use some home plugs, I managed to get a pair for 20 quid of the bay! And I have to say they have been the most simplest way I have ever connected anything in my life.

With the benefits of not having to worry about low wi-fi signals

sorry ricki but what are home plugs? what should i be looking for on the bay ???

sorry ricki but what are home plugs? what should i be looking for on the bay ???

Home plugs are a great little thing, basically it's LAN over mains, ie you plug one into a mains socket by the router with a LAN cable coming out of it into the router, and the other into a mains socket by the receiver again with a LAN cable from it to the receiver.

This will translate data via the ringmain, perfect for solid built houses where wifi can be hit and miss.

Look around the bay is a good option

TM500 software barely works on a TM500 not much chance of it working on anything else m8,. even if it did why on earth would you want to, its awful.

Back