CD & DVD copying mp3 most annoying problem

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
copying mp3 most annoying problem.

in my previous car it only had a normal 6 cd player no mp3 but it did have an aux socket so i put my audio books on my ipod and listened away either mp3 or m4b files.

the new car has mp3 function and a 6 cd player, i have a bunch of re-writeable cd's that i use for my audio books now, i just do jukebox option and zap no problem, i use roxio on one system and nero on another.

i have 1 audio book that will copy to one of my cd's with either roxio or nero and verify if i set the tick box but i can only listen to disk1 of 12 all the others are there but they are silent.

the original on my server plays on my pc with dbpoweramp, vlc or win media player no problem, also if i import to itunes and put on ipod that plays it ok.

the problem isnt that i cant listen as i have alternatives its just bugging me i cant work out what is wrong, i have checked file attributes and id tags all seem to be the same bits set, tried different media 2 different systems so different cd writers and different burning software etc.

anybody got any ideas ? this is the first of perhaps 400+ audio books that have failed ?

Are each of the books a seperate MP3 file ?

Have you tried burning all the MP3 to a normal CD-R (not rewriteable). Sounds like a multi-session issue and that your car doesn't support it and you are burning multi-session.

As oneman says it could be a multi session issue.

In nero are you finalising the disk? It should be an option.

Also you are doing these as a CD/ISO not a Music CD? (in nero)

Last edited:
try not to use re-writables - not all devices recognise them very well.

can i just say the last line of original post again "this is the first of perhaps 400+ audio books that have failed"

car does re-writables ok

not selected multi sesion

option used is jukebox in both roxio and nero

i have burnt others since and they are ok

this book is 14 mp3 files original was 14 cd's

try right clicking on a couple of the mp3's go to properties then details tab, what bitrate are they encoded at? and the length.

Other than that I'm flummoxed?

can i just say the last line of original post again "this is the first of perhaps 400+ audio books that have failed"

car does re-writables ok

not selected multi sesion

option used is jukebox in both roxio and nero

i have burnt others since and they are ok

this book is 14 mp3 files original was 14 cd's

I am wondering if there is a encoding problem on the files then. Maybe try re-encoding them to a different bitrate ?

if you have dbpoweramp converter convert the files to WAV and then burn them as this will get rid of any bitrate problems with the MP3's.

tbh i wouldnt use any of the jukebox features or anything like that

just drop the files into nero same way you would be just adding files to a cd

and burn it that way..

thats how ive always burned my mp3 cd's

and if your Head Unit supports folders, just create folders to help organise stuuff if needed

Back