Samsung s20 plus latest update

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just updated my s20 plus to latest monthly software update..previously when I recorded a video and wanted to watch I would just simply click on camera icon and move left or right and just play it...now after update if I do the same the video is shown in like a time line and plays but the sound is muted , I know have to click on the 3 dots on the right and open it in video player, how annoying is thst to do that to evry video I want to watch..is there a way that it opens as default in video player...why do Samsung do this crap..just when u get use to something they go and change it..

Haven't you got a little speaker/mute tab just above those 3 little dots?
Mine has. I just hit that to turn the sound on.
Ive had to unmute videos for a while now. Not sure the reasoning behind it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-131252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-131252_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Same on iPhone videos are muted when you access them in your gallery but there is a mute/unmute option at the bottom of the video 🙄

Haven't you got a little speaker/mute tab just above those 3 little dots?
Mine has. I just hit that to turn the sound on.
Ive had to unmute videos for a while now. Not sure the reasoning behind it.
yes exactly like that..my point being you can play the video and unmute it....but cant forward or it pause it like before , nor can you take a screenshot from the video...unless you open it by clicking on the 3 dots and select "open in video player" which is very annoying as i liked it previuosly before they updated it..bloody samsung...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-103813_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210502-103813_Gallery.jpg
    953.4 KB · Views: 6
My S20 is fully upto date and i dont have to open it in video player to unmute, pause, unpause or fast forward/rewind.

I just click the time line at the bottom to expand it, so i can move the video to any point.

Screenshot_20210502-123113_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210502-122950_Gallery.jpg

How do you take a screen shot or a photo for a particular moment in the vid? Can't seem to do it anymore...use to be an option in the top left corner where you touch the square and it would capture a screenshot..seems to have disappeared 🤔

How do you take a screen shot or a photo for a particular moment in the vid? Can't seem to do it anymore...use to be an option in the top left corner where you touch the square and it would capture a screenshot..seems to have disappeared 🤔
Press the Side power button and volume down at the same time

Yes but that takes a screenshot of everything onscreen..I mean everything whereas previously it just captured just the photo without showing everything else...u can still do it but have to open the vid in vid player and screen photo option is there top left...

Back