CD & DVD copying dvds???

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
how do i copy dvd-dvd????

ive tried copying to HDD first and all sorts of software, any help would be gr8 as im new to this. i can do dvd-(s)vcd no probs but am trying to expand my knowledge :)

www.vcdhelp.com is always the best place to start m8.

Thats where i learnt all i know.....which admitedly isn't too much but what the hey!!!

theyre one of my best sites (not above DW though). was wondering if anyone has experience to share.
dont give up though, theres always someone you can show

Copying dvd's

Hi Digidude, I bought a dvd rw last week & have had excellent results copying dvds using the following

dvd decrypter, dvd2one & nero

Got all of the info from vcdhelp.com

Just remember to leave enough free space on your hd eg. for Lord of the rings I had to have at least 12gig free, hope this helps you

Regards

WaVeY

nero is not one of my favourites for backing up dvd's.

I use instant cd/dvd and burn using udf1.02

I can give you a little advice that may save you some money, for your first couple of goes until you master it use RW discs. i didn't and wasted about six discs.

Fletcher

try dvd xcopy m8 works 4 me, perfect every time, although u often have to split the movie over 2 discs this way

i use dvd2one and smartripper it take about 20 mins to get the film ready for burning if you need any help give us a shout

i encrypt the full dvd to my hard drive using dvddecrypter and then i use pinnacle instant dvd (available on the net in some places and also available to buy from pc world at about £29.99
With this neat little programme you can resize the dvd from a dvd9 to a dvd5 with all menus and extras and increase/decrease picture quality to create a full working back-up.

If you need any more help or advice, just ask or pm me.....

personnally i use dvd decryptor then dvd to one ripping all extras out then burn with prassi primo works gr8

have tried most of the above only had dvd rewriter getting on 3 weeks but its up to u m8 what you find to be the best software to use to transfer to dvd easiest is dvdxcopy but thats what i think. so u could try them all and c what software suites you.

Back