copy games not working

hairy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have a modded wii but for some reason the games are not working it was fine last night . It has 3.2e firmware - the wiikey chip - thanks hairy

hi if anyone can help its palying origial games but not copy 1's when i put in a copy 1 it says unable to read the disc -check wii operations manual for help trobleshooting cheers hairy

hi if anyone can help its palying origial games but not copy 1's when i put in a copy 1 it says unable to read the disc -check wii operations manual for help trobleshooting cheers hairy

Hi M8, have you tried your burns on another wii just to determine if it is your wii or the burn?
Are the games correct region?

Re:backup games not working

hi it can't be the gams m8 they were playing fine on sunday but when i asked the little 1 if she has knocked it over she said yes ,that was sunday afternoon and i was playing on it sunday night am abit baffeled why it's just went off
thanks hairy

i'm not sure but it's a wii key if this helps cheers hairy

Sounds like either the chip has failed or one of the connections has come loose - maybe it was hanging by a thread when it was first knocked over and then the movement when the drive accepts/ejects has finished it off!!

Sounds like either the chip has failed or one of the connections has come loose - maybe it was hanging by a thread when it was first knocked over and then the movement when the drive accepts/ejects has finished it off!!

so does that mean i need a new chip or can it be resoldered back thanks hairy

some wiikeys where fitted with a wiiclip,if that the case it may have come loose other where soldered to the board

some wiikeys where fitted with a wiiclip,if that the case it may have come loose other where soldered to the board

hi bro yes it was soldered with wires i'll open it up the morra and have alook very greatful for all your help thanks again hairy

6 wires install, very easy, but if it was a dremel job, then one of them might have come away, as these are more awkward and tempremental.

keep us updated how you go on m8.

thanks al i know i watched the guy do it and i'll let you know how i get on cause a 300 mile round trip not worth it
hairy

hi chaps just to let those people who want to know i stripped it down and the wires where ok so all i can think of is that the chip is fryed and thanks lads for the help
hairy

I've fried my Wiikey as well some time ago, i've then replaced it by a Wasabi chip and it worked fine (my laser died yesterday though ;) ) probably due to the too long wires I used when the Wiikey was in place.

Back