Complete Sat Newbie Help

adiegilpin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,Im a complete sat newbie(always had cable until the infamous switch off) and would like to get back into some freeviewing,ive been looking on the forums and im getting totally confused with it all. so what im asking for is a complete breakdown of everything in need from what sort of dish to to the best box to get myself up and running, i would like to be able to record multiple programs and have hd, i was looking at a dreambox dm8000 or a technomate 6800, i can install the dish myself and do any cabling required.
any help would be appreciated

Hi all,Im a complete sat newbie(always had cable until the infamous switch off) and would like to get back into some freeviewing,ive been looking on the forums and im getting totally confused with it all. so what im asking for is a complete breakdown of everything in need from what sort of dish to to the best box to get myself up and running, i would like to be able to record multiple programs and have hd, i was looking at a dreambox dm8000 or a technomate 6800, i can install the dish myself and do any cabling required.
any help would be appreciated

If your wanting uk channels then a std skie dish i would go for a vu duo clone or original and fit a 3.5 sata hdd in it I wouldnt touch tm with a barge pole The dm is only single tuner.
Thats just the start you will need some other items (not for open discussion) and a good image flashed on to the box. You also need an internet connection.

Back