Commando 14.6. Bt sport

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
A couple people I know who have bought dm500 with commando 14.6 said they
Lost bt sport. I know it moved freq in the last week so from. What I know
Of the image told them to run auto bouquet and it should pull it in
However they are all telling me its not pulling it in. One of them who more
Tech minded had reflashed and tried from scratch but can't find it still on the bouquets

Any Ideas?

I did see 14.7 is released even so the auto bouquets
Should still scan find new channels /freq for moved channels ??
A lot of people I know have boxes but don't have a clue about programming them
So just rely on it to work and run updates

There is a thread on this regarding 14.7 but the solution will also work on 14.6,basically you need to update your satellite.xml file

Thanks I will try locate the thread.
Looks like I'm going to be remoting ontoa lot of pcs trying to help people
Out if its a common issue. What's the issue with the satellite.xml file?

Thanks I will try locate the thread.
Looks like I'm going to be remoting ontoa lot of pcs trying to help people
Out if its a common issue. What's the issue with the satellite.xml file?

Lots of channels changed frequency, not all these frequencies are on the current satellite.xml

I did notice lots of changes this week. So to gain a bit more insight /knowledge what or who updates the satellite.xml file
So that the channels remain upto date? And how does that file link in with running auto bouquets plug in?

I have no idea of the name of the person that individually updates the satellite.xml file,I just use satellite-xml.eu to download an up to date one when needed,

it links in with autobouquets plugin or even your basic manual scan by making sure the correct transponder data,which contains the channels,is available to the scan, in other words if the data is not there no scan will find it :)

as above i follow that way

so does the satellite.xml file get updated (providing there is an updated version each time the auto bouquets plugin is run?

No it doesn't, thats why you need to use an updated one every now and again,
autobouquets will detect frequency changes but it can only match them up with the correct channel if the transponder is actually in the satellite.xml file

ive just been on to mate box via facetime (to see his tv) and teamviwer to put files in. I put a new satellite.xml into his box (I think you uploaded it wiz on other thread) but when hes ran autobouquets.. hes got even less channels then b4.
at the moment ive just gone onto http://satellites-xml.eu/ and downloading another file..

Here's our latest working satellites.xml file. After you overwrite the old one in /var/etc - you MUST reboot the box in order for the revised 28.2E data to be loaded into memory during the restart!

And then run AutoBouquets.

Thanks for helping out here, Wiz! But people who are still running C14.6 or earlier must be wearing blinkers, LOL!

Cheers- AL :)

Attachments

• satellites.rar
    12.1 KB · Views: 49
Hi AL
thanks for the file. the problem I got is the people I know who have the dm500 are quite elderly got the box to save some ££ on tv subs and just bought the box are not technically minded at all and "watch tv"
so would never know about updating etc.. and just rely on it working. are we saying now that with the new freq moves 14.6 will become redundant? or can the attached file still work with 14.6?

Yes- the new file will be fine in C14.6 m8. But for the scenario you describe, C14.7 (with the 19 Sep online update and this new satellites.xml file) would be a lot easier for all concerned, honest!

Cheers- AL :)

The attached file will still work m8,the one I uploaded yesterday was missing a frequency

ive just downloaded 14.7 27th jan. is the date of the image. is there a September dated 14.7version

update.. ok so I have downloaded jan download of 14.7 and overwrote the satellite.xml file and it seems to be picking up more channels on the scan
so with 14.7 is there a june and sep update? have I downloaded a old version?

Last edited:
once you have 14.7 you can do online updates.

look in the utilities menu for online update feature.
it will check you have the latest version and download/update if required.. :)

so I put the new file in, rebooted box. ran auto bouquets, started doing its thing.... scanned channels etc. then after a while, I get a message saying about bouquets being named after channel ( I didn't quote get the message) however now when I look at the bouquets list I have about 5
1.BSKYB bouquet 14 - interavtive
2. BSKYB
3. BSKYB
4. Freesat
5. Arquiva.

anyone got suggestion ???

Major things are still going on 23,500 miles above the Equator @ 28.2E up there. Transponders switching on and off like fairy lights. That's what happened here, so AutoBouquets couldn't finish it's job properly. Be patient and just keep trying every couple of hours until you hit the sweet spot.

It's not Team Commando nor the latest C14.7 update that's causing this disruption, you know. Everyone, no matter what image or box they are using, if they are on 28.2E, then they are ALL feeling the impact of these transitional changes.

Cheers- AL

Back