Commando 10 Back to Jffs2

It's because you're not saving your edits properly in yWeb. Experiment a bit- you'll get the hang of it. Cheers- AL :)

I see - YWeb has a bouquet edit which edits the bouquets - with English javascript functions, but with German labels - there is a master save for all bouquets...

Why is this all in German? Is there not a locale file that we can generate & so patch each release simply?

It's all in German because yJogol, who created and updates yWeb happens to be German.

But there's nothing stopping you from spending a few days of your life and translating it all into English, like I and others have done in the past.

Only trouble is, just as you've released it to the waiting masses, expecting everlasting fame and glory- he's gone and updated it again...

:Laugh:

Alot of it has English translation when you hover the mouse over the buttons.

Well im not sure in this commando but it was previously.

It's all in German because yJogol, who created and updates yWeb happens to be German.

But there's nothing stopping you from spending a few days of your life and translating it all into English, like I and others have done in the past.

Only trouble is, just as you've released it to the waiting masses, expecting everlasting fame and glory- he's gone and updated it again...

:Laugh:

[1.] I was aware of ;)

[2.] I'd probably just write a small script to do that, there's a lot of redundancy there.

[3.] This was my point - quite a lot of software has a language lookup file.
Then the author just updates the code & others maintain the locale files.

Has anybody contacted yJogol?

If you start browsing the .yhtm files, this is where you'll find 98% of the German spattered throughout, m8- not in one common lookup file, I'm afraid.

There's also a few words tucked away in nhttpd itself, like Sperren and Anzeigen.

But good luck on your quest, though! ALL the Image Creators and Modders would welcome your input, I'm sure- as yWeb is part of neutrino cvs, and not unique to C10. Most of them are pretty generous with credits too, so your chance for fame and glory!!

Cheers- AL :)

Thought I would give this image a whirl, Only thing is I cant connect to it via ftp to transfer files. Says login incorrect.

tried admin / commando
dbox / commando
commando / commando

Am I missing something obvious ?

Thankyou for your speedy reply. :) been a while since Ive messed with dbox getting rusty it seems .

thanks again

Right I have another small problem, Probably due to my inability to remember things. I have sent over var/keys var/bin/ucode files. I have selected evocamd and 014 but still only get FTA. which file sneed chgmod to 755. And could that be the problem.

Right I have another small problem, Probably due to my inability to remember things. I have sent over var/keys var/bin/ucode files. I have selected evocamd and 014 but still only get FTA. which file sneed chgmod to 755. And could that be the problem.

CHMOD evocamd to 755.

Why the ucode transfer mate? All you need to FTP are the 5 files for the /var/keys and a copy of evocamd to /var/bin/emu - chmod to 755 once in.

Hope this helps.

Muskrat

Ive reflashed with IFA jsut copied evocamd and chgmod to 755. copied my keys folder from a previous image and still nothing. not even that horrible cricketesque sound when its trying to decrypt.

All sorted just needed newer nagraroms

thanx for all your help Muskrat.

Hello fellas I've been running 10d for a few days now and I'm very impressed
good smooth image
I do have one niggle though, for some reason every time I bring it out of standby I have to reboot the box to decrypt the non FTA channels
I've turned off the sleep timer ( but it still remains active )
I've set it to standard 15 day epg as I don't need 7 days
Still for some reason the box still goes into standby mode
Is there something I'm missing to get the box to remain always on

Cheers

I think, by default, there is a timer set to shutdown the box every day at 6am. If you want to keep the box on, delete that timer. I think hitting the blue button and then picking "Timer" (or words to that effect) should give you the list of timers. You can then delete/add/amend as you please.

Hope that helps.

abaddon

There is a known bug with FreddyFrog's latest sectionsd where if you are running it in Standard EPG mode and either select the PVR_EPG channel (or put the dbox into Standby Mode, which also switches to PVR_EPG)- it sends the current emu haywire.

Even stopping then restarting the emu is futile- only a reboot sorts it out. For the time being, while Freddy investigates, I recommend you either switch back to 7 Day EPG mode for your area, or remove PVR_EPG from services.xml

A lot of peeps noticed similar behaviour on the std CVS sectionsd when switching to PPV Events channel, when nothing was being broadcast. I'm sure a fix and an update patch aren't too far away.

Cheers abaddon already done that

@ AL that sorted it for now switched back to 7 day
I did notice restarting the cam didn't work
I'll stick with the image as it's a good 'un and wait for the fix

Cheers

A mini brainwave and a bit more testing, and I've found a fix. OK, a dirty fix- but it WORKS!

Here's now what happens as we enter Standby Mode with standby.on:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Notice that we now switch to an FTA channel (by name, so it should work in all areas) after 'remembering' the current-viewed channel, and before switching to the PVR_EPG channel.

When we wake up the box (standby.off executes), we now do this:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Again, we switch to the unencrypted BBC ONE channel, before zapping back to our original 'remembered' channel.

Don't ask me why, but the softcam is now 100% happy after wakey wakey, and in std EPG mode, we are able to pull in up to 4 Days EPG, depending on how many 'Now 'n Next' channels you have populated old_epgfilter.xml with.

Even though this wasn't an issue if using 7 Day EPG Mode, these new standby files, which live in /var/tuxbox/config/ and need to stay chmod 755 after you've overwritten old with new, will not affect the operation of 7 Day EPG mode.

Hi Everyone,

I have been using 10d now for about a week and I am extremely happy with it. However, I am having a bit of trouble with the Fast Scan settings. How do I find out what Area I am in? As my town is not listed in the locations settings.

Do I just guess on the next nearest one to me?

Back