renwich

Inactive User
Reaction score
PASSWORD = commando

Commando back to JFFS2

The long awaited Commando 10

features

Optimised Neutrino menus thanks to Mohousch

Softcamd Menu under the blue button then red, only emu's that are installed under var/bin/emu will show,

Zapit config is available under the Settings > Misc settings, this allows setting of a startup channel, and saving of your audio preferences

System info, all you ever needed to know about the way your box is running

Builtin LCD epg

Extended epg

Full Fast scan and setmylocation

Full suite of channel logos ( thanks to satsearching and PaphosAL

All binaries have been shrunk to leave more space for better stability

Thanks to all the devs from UkCvs and Special thanks to PaphosAL for all his nagging perfectionism, and his skillfull scripting,

No ROMS KEYS OR SOFTCAMS are included in this image

Oh and sorry m8 I nearly forgot , thankyou to Lraizer for the special info on upx, and freddyfrog for the 7day epg

Default EPG across the board is now restricted to Now 'n Next only
T-C have kindly made the correct EPG setup for you
and daily overnight Timers (Blue > Yellow to view/edit these) to refresh
and included Help Text in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/epgfilter.xml

Freddy has now changed the method by which the epgfilter.xml file functions. You now add the 100 (ish) channels in there that you DO want 7 Day Epg for, rather than the 200 (ish) channels that you don't! 10 minute copy 'n paste jobbie from your bouquets.xml file...

I've tested this today- and it loads the FULL 7 days in 5-6 minutes, compared to 20+ mins with the previous version. Wicked! You just switch to the PVR_EPG channel to suck the data in- eazy peazy!

For peeps who are struggling with 7 Days EPG- please remember that sectionsd reads the filter file when sectionsd first starts.

So the new filter file you compile and save will be totally ignored until you have rebooted the dbox!

It's similar to SML writing your location data to scan.conf - again, THAT isn't read until AFTER a reboot, which is why a lorra peep's Scans fail...

View attachment 44020

Last edited:
thanks for sharing renwich,its good to see another team commando image
is out,been using image for a few days now,setmylocation is spot on about 2 half mins to scan fast channel hopping love the new style menus and info bars and the plicons the 7 day epg is no problem,but it does seem to take a bit longer to boot up compaired to the other images,maybe
it could be this box but apart from that a nice clean crisp stable image
many thanks team commando

Cheers renwich, a big pat on the back to team commando and everyone at ukcvs for a great image. I had a couple of blonde moments when setting it up, didn't realise start network on boot is set to off and couldn't suss out why flash fxp wouldn't connect after setting my location to add the educational files. Epg filter had me foxed for a bit, but I persisted an that's working fine now.
The bairn was impressed with the picture of shawn the sheep on the stormtroopers armour lol. :thumbsup:

thebigman

im getting this when i click on the d/load button for the read me pdf .... Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

anyone else having the same problem

Yup, I get the same error message here.

Boswell

Same here. I hope this is a temporary glitch that can be fixed, and nothing sinsister?

Any help or support from me on Commando 10 is hereby placed on Hold until such time as I am able to access the 'Readme'.

AL

48 downloads and very little feedback, this does inspire TC to make more images,:toiletcla

@renwich

I've downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

I think a lot of people are holding out until they can get the 'readme' file as it seems to appear as an "invalid attachment".

Can you re-attach it for us please, and I'll give it a whirl next week when I get 5 minutes when the kids aren't watching some crap or other?

Cheers :Cheers:

Downloads are working OK now.

I downloaded this image and flashed it to my box. Nice boot screen and animated LCD on boot. Sharp picture quality and super fast channel change. The menus are laid out nicely and I'm glad that full visibility is back.....I personally don't like the hidden menu structures.
Slight problem after scanning when the services file that the scan created would not load either after a reload channel command or a reboot. FTP'd saved services and bouquets and all was well. Very stable image so far in terms of veiwing.... and 7 days EPG is working fine. The new method of setting up the epgfilter.xml file is much easier than the previous method. I am currently not set up to record or stream so can't comment on these features.

Thank you, and all those who helped you, for your time and effort in producing this fine work and for sharing it with us.

Incoming requests from all over the place from the gbox brigade about their favourite cam not working in C10. Herewith an explanation, and a filthy dirty non- Team Commando 3rd party fix!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Because gbox has never gone 'open-source' as have evocamd and mgcamd, it has always been Team-Commando policy NOT to include support for it in any shape or form, sorry.

This policy has been even more rigidly enforced now that gbox can no longer AU, so needs auto key-copy scripting to get it working properly...

But I know there are many peeps out there whose boxes will only run stable on gbox, so I've come up with an unofficial 'dirty patch' using stuff nicked from my \/irgin+2.1 image, and which is dead easy to pop into Commando 10.

The miniops file goes into /bin (not /var/bin), overwriting existing. Check it stays as chmod 755 - (it should do).

shellexec.conf lives in /var/tuxbox/config - and again, you overwrite existing.

From other sources, you'll need to pop camd2 and gbox into /var/bin/emu and chmod 755 both of them, or it won't work!

Last but not least, you'll need gbox_cfg in /var/keys - and this must be the non-AU version included in my rar file.

Destructions:

1. With evocamd running with up to date keys-

2. Press Blue > Blue > Blue- 'Smart Switch to Gbox

3. Congratulations! You're now on gbox!

Trouble is, I can't get this working 'on the fly' as I have with \/+2.1 - it freezes the picture, and won't clear even with a channel Up-Dn. So the answer is to reboot after changing to gbox- when all will be well. Sorry about that- it's probably conflicting with something Renny has done with his new Softcam Menu. (But I will look further into this!)

Later, if the keys roll and you find yourself FTA only, go Blue > Red and start evocamd. After AU- repeat items 2) and 3) above. For test and educational purposes ONLY, of course!

Cheers- AL :)

I downloaded.....and neglected feedback due to the pdf not being available, wanted to set it up "properly" before leaving any comments.
Having said that, I found the image to be very nice so far. Picture is cool. Channel changing is fast. Now and next seems a little hit and miss for me at the moment though. I loaded up my "new" epg filter and get 7 day epg on my selected channels but now and next on the others still seems a little flakey. Dont get me wrong this "could" be my old nokia 2x playing silly beggars, so I would encourage others to feedback to see if this is a box or image issue.

Also noticed that in the menu - Dbox/settings/driver & Boot menu that the sagem settings "seems" to be auto selected and we cant change this as its greyed out ?? Is this deliberate ?
See the reason i ask this is that obv with me having a nokia i want hardware sections enabled , enx trace disabled and finally avia sections enabled. But the Enx setting is greyed and unselectable. Again i dont know iof this is deliberate, I will need to muck around more a little later.
I may even reflash incase my box hasn't flashed properly.
So to recap -
some settings seem unselectable (under driver & boot options)
7 day epg - works as it should
now and next shows nothing on 90 % of channels (may be box specific)

Hope this feedback helps/encourages others.

The problem i have with this image is when i get it up and running i cannot find my un sorted channel bouquets and most of the now+next epg is not there.Does anyone have any ideas.

The problem i have with this image is when i get it up and running i cannot find my un sorted channel bouquets and most of the now+next epg is not there.Does anyone have any ideas.

I have this image on and works perfectly, get 7 days epg on the channels i want, and now and next on all, the unsorted bouquet is disabled on this image if you want it back either create a bouquet called unsorted or edit the zapit.conf file in var/tuxbox/config/zapit to makeRemainingChannelsBouquet=2

Derek

See the reason i ask this is that obv with me having a nokia i want hardware sections enabled , enx trace disabled and finally avia sections enabled. But the Enx setting is greyed and unselectable.

Can you expand on your comment on why its obviuos you need to have hardware sections enabled , enx trace disabled and finally avia sections enabled if you have a Nokia.

I also have a Nokia and have always set these to OFF, and never had any problems, but always wondered what they do !

thanks

Freddy

Back