Commando 10 Back to Jffs2

Incoming requests from all over the place from the gbox brigade about their favourite cam not working in C10. Herewith an explanation, and a filthy dirty non- Team Commando 3rd party fix!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Because gbox has never gone 'open-source' as have evocamd and mgcamd, it has always been Team-Commando policy NOT to include support for it in any shape or form, sorry.

This policy has been even more rigidly enforced now that gbox can no longer AU, so needs auto key-copy scripting to get it working properly...

But I know there are many peeps out there whose boxes will only run stable on gbox, so I've come up with an unofficial 'dirty patch' using stuff nicked from my \/irgin+2.1 image, and which is dead easy to pop into Commando 10.

The miniops file goes into /bin (not /var/bin), overwriting existing. Check it stays as chmod 755 - (it should do).

shellexec.conf lives in /var/tuxbox/config - and again, you overwrite existing.

From other sources, you'll need to pop camd2 and gbox into /var/bin/emu and chmod 755 both of them, or it won't work!

Last but not least, you'll need gbox_cfg in /var/keys - and this must be the non-AU version included in my rar file.

Destructions:

1. With evocamd running with up to date keys-

2. Press Blue > Blue > Blue- 'Smart Switch to Gbox

3. Congratulations! You're now on gbox!

Trouble is, I can't get this working 'on the fly' as I have with \/+2.1 - it freezes the picture, and won't clear even with a channel Up-Dn. So the answer is to reboot after changing to gbox- when all will be well. Sorry about that- it's probably conflicting with something Renny has done with his new Softcam Menu. (But I will look further into this!)

Later, if the keys roll and you find yourself FTA only, go Blue > Red and start evocamd. After AU- repeat items 2) and 3) above. For test and educational purposes ONLY, of course!

Cheers- AL :)

many thanks al, will put this on later when the mrs has gone to bed and have a play around

hi nice image is running very smoothly on my nokia 2x

just 1 issue how would i set the home button for the channel history? i have tried key binding but when i try and set it up it takes me pressing the home button as going back/cancel so i cant do it

hi nice image is running very smoothly on my nokia 2x

just 1 issue how would i set the home button for the channel history? i have tried key binding but when i try and set it up it takes me pressing the home button as going back/cancel so i cant do it

Don't understand- Home button for channel history is there by default! But it only 'remembers' visited channels once the Infobar has timed out. So try zapping through a few channels slowly- then press 'Home'- you should see the history.

lol my bad so it is there, i did flick through a few channels before i tried it but i didnt flick quickly so maybe it didnt note them dowm

"Motsey Hangs his head in shame"

hi,

just put this new image on ok, but where do i find the cam and how do i install it?

hi,

just put this new image on ok, but where do i find the cam and how do i install it?

sorted all working. now trying to get the 7 day epg working, made the epgfliler file of about 120 channels. how do i start the grab on the dbox?

any help please.

sorted all working. now trying to get the 7 day epg working, made the epgfliler file of about 120 channels. how do i start the grab on the dbox?

any help please.

120 channels is a bit heavy, m8. Try slimming it to 100 or less (then reboot for the smaller filter file to take effect).

Long EPG is then grabbed by spending 5 mins or so on the PVR_EPG channel. If you can't find it, go into Bouquet Editor and pull it in to one of your Bouquets.

If you press Blue then Yellow, you'll find a set of automatic Daily Timers which loads a fresh 7 Days EPG each night while you're fast akip. If you're not in pure ntl, then you'll most likely have to rebuild this list, along the lines suggested in my screenshot here.

120 channels is a bit heavy, m8. Try slimming it to 100 or less (then reboot for the smaller filter file to take effect).

Long EPG is then grabbed by spending 5 mins or so on the PVR_EPG channel. If you can't find it, go into Bouquet Editor and pull it in to one of your Bouquets.

If you press Blue then Yellow, you'll find a set of automatic Daily Timers which loads a fresh 7 Days EPG each night while you're fast akip. If you're not in pure ntl, then you'll most likely have to rebuild this list, along the lines suggested in my screenshot here.

thanks for the reply, i`ve slimmed the epgfilter down to 80. rebooted, gone to epg pvr channel but it says its not available? did a rescan, still the same.

not sure what to try next. think i`ll got back to satelite, aleast that works on 7 day epg!

thanks for the reply, i`ve slimmed the epgfilter down to 80. rebooted, gone to epg pvr channel but it says its not available? did a rescan, still the same.

not sure what to try next. think i`ll got back to satelite, aleast that works on 7 day epg!

pvr-epg will say not available as its a data channel not a normal tv channel. Thats fine, just leave it a while and if you have your epg filter set up correctly it will work for the 7 days.

Sorry to to take this thread ot, but i am experiencing a few problems with the epg in laky sylas. I guess they are fairly similar. Do not get any epg info for bbc1 or itv, some other channels do not populate correctly. Do you think this is an epg filter issue? You guys seem to be clued up on this topic, something i've not really messed with. any help appreciated.

PASSWORD = commando

Commando back to JFFS2

The long awaited Commando 10

features

Optimised Neutrino menus thanks to Mohousch

Softcamd Menu under the blue button then red, only emu's that are installed under var/bin/emu will show,

Zapit config is available under the Settings > Misc settings, this allows setting of a startup channel, and saving of your audio preferences

System info, all you ever needed to know about the way your box is running

Builtin LCD epg

Extended epg

Full Fast scan and setmylocation

Full suite of channel logos ( thanks to satsearching and PaphosAL

All binaries have been shrunk to leave more space for better stability

Thanks to all the devs from UkCvs and Special thanks to PaphosAL for all his nagging perfectionism, and his skillfull scripting,

No ROMS KEYS OR SOFTCAMS are included in this image

Oh and sorry m8 I nearly forgot , thankyou to Lraizer for the special info on upx, and freddyfrog for the 7day epg

Default EPG across the board is now restricted to Now 'n Next only
T-C have kindly made the correct EPG setup for you
and daily overnight Timers (Blue > Yellow to view/edit these) to refresh
and included Help Text in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/epgfilter.xml

Freddy has now changed the method by which the epgfilter.xml file functions. You now add the 100 (ish) channels in there that you DO want 7 Day Epg for, rather than the 200 (ish) channels that you don't! 10 minute copy 'n paste jobbie from your bouquets.xml file...

I've tested this today- and it loads the FULL 7 days in 5-6 minutes, compared to 20+ mins with the previous version. Wicked! You just switch to the PVR_EPG channel to suck the data in- eazy peazy!

For peeps who are struggling with 7 Days EPG- please remember that sectionsd reads the filter file when sectionsd first starts.

So the new filter file you compile and save will be totally ignored until you have rebooted the dbox!

It's similar to SML writing your location data to scan.conf - again, THAT isn't read until AFTER a reboot, which is why a lorra peep's Scans fail...

View attachment 44020

Renwich I live in Ireland and am a complete newb regarding images and what needs to be done to get them working except for keylist.txt which I can change, I've flashed the image over to my Dbox2 replaced the bouquets.xml and services.xml files to zapit but after that I'm clueless. What else do I have to do to get Commando 10 up and running ?

Or If there is anybody else who knows what I have to do the help would be much appreciated. By the way this a fix for my DBox2 so the keys update isn't ?

Please and Thanks
Joe

pvr-epg will say not available as its a data channel not a normal tv channel. Thats fine, just leave it a while and if you have your epg filter set up correctly it will work for the 7 days.

thanks for your help, now all up and running and recording,

Renwich I live in Ireland and am a complete newb regarding images and what needs to be done to get them working except for keylist.txt which I can change, I've flashed the image over to my Dbox2 replaced the bouquets.xml and services.xml files to zapit but after that I'm clueless. What else do I have to do to get Commando 10 up and running ?

Or If there is anybody else who knows what I have to do the help would be much appreciated. By the way this a fix for my DBox2 so the keys update isn't ?

Please and Thanks
Joe

Read the first post again, it tells you what your missing,

and btw Commando 10b is circulating now

Commando 10c Back to Jffs2

Continuing with the continuous, Commando update 'n tweak

Commando 10c

==========================================

Bugs fixed:
No scrolling in Bouquet Editor (CVS bug, now fixed)
NFS bug (missing file- should now be OK)

What's New, then?

7 Day EPG v3

With the valued assistance of FreddyFrog, we've given the EPG a major make-over, including:

+ A new Blue button menu for 7 Day EPG

c10c1.png

+ Option to change the default 'standard' sectionsd EPG to 7 Day EPG for YOUR provider!

c10c2.png

+ dbox automatically switches to the PVR_EPG channel in Standby Mode - to pull in the extended 7 days epg. When you wake the box up, it switches back to the previously viewed channel.

+ Simplified daily Timers
c10c3.png

You can easily edit these times up or down in hourly increments, to suit your daily routine. The channel you wake up to is entirely dependant on your preferred settings in Settings > Misc > Zapit Config -ie:

Save last Channel = true (you'll wake up to RedHot 40+ Wives

Save last Channel = false
Start TV Channel on = (whatever channel you select)

Even if you are running with sectionsd in 'standard' mode, (which usually gives a maximum of 15 hours epg across all channels), you'll find these daily timers will now give you 3 to 4 Days EPG!! Also, users who prefer this mode can still restrict selected channels to Now 'n Next epg only, by populating the old_epgfilter.xml file in accordance with the simple instructions in the header text of that file.

When switching from standard to 7 Day (for ntl, ex-C&W, or TW)- or vice versa, a reboot is required so the new epgfilter data is read into memory. A pop-up message will ask you if you want to do this.

Experienced 7 Day EPG users can edit 'their' filter file (ntl, C&W, TW) - as whichever one has been selected is now SymLinked 'as' epgfilter.xml

'Your' filter contains the channels you do want long EPG for.

Summary: A famous politician once said "You can't please all the people all the time". Well, Team-Commando and FreddyFrog have done their utmost to prove that theory wrong, at least in the EPG department!

Credits:
FreddyFrog - for sectionsd dual mode (and moaning about NFS)
Tyke- for his exC&W filter
Derekwd- for his TW filter
Renwich- for creating the image
AL- for his ntl filter, and scripting all this new 7 Day stuff

Team-Commando
21 December 2008

Great work Renwich.

Tried the 1st version, populated the epgfilter but just could not get the EPG to populate here in dublin.

Am sure to give this version a spin.

Thanks again team-commando.

Might seem like a dumb question but...

How do we get the latest version (10c)?

Do we just download the same file from the first page?

Thanks

Back