Commando 10 Back to Jffs2

on your subscription box unplug from wall socket then on the box press and hold all the time the up and down arrow buttons on the box

then plug in the power still holding down on these buttons you will get a engineers menu then let go of the down and up buttons

in there you will find your netid and frequency and symbol rate

press the right arrow on subscription box to flick through the pages where you will find this information

to get out of the engineers menu simply unplug from mains and plug back in

Hi Everyone,

I have been using 10d now for about a week and I am extremely happy with it. However, I am having a bit of trouble with the Fast Scan settings. How do I find out what Area I am in? As my town is not listed in the locations settings.

Do I just guess on the next nearest one to me?

Pick the nearest one!

Thanks everyone for this and its working for me after few bits and bobs.
cheers

Have installed this and the menu appears to be working fine but I have now lost all my channels other than terrestrial. Does my box now need re-keying?? All was well bfore installing this new menu. I have tried a rescan and it appear to be picking up the channels its just no picture.

Last edited:
Have installed this and the menu appears to be working fine but I have now lost all my channels other than terrestrial. Does my box now need re-keying?? All was well bfore installing this new menu. I have tried a rescan and it appear to be picking up the channels its just no picture.

What 'new' menu? Sounds like you've hit the 'Reboot to FTA' option- then confirmed 'Yes' - in which case, reflash with your backup image. Er, you DID do a backup, yes?

Cheers- AL :)

Sorry not menu, epg.

I dont remember any option about reboot to fta. I installed through IFA and it did the rest.

I took a physical copy of all the files before I started and IFA took an img backup before it installed the update.

Will I have to copy any keys back or anything from my pre-update to the new one?

Sorry not menu, epg.

I dont remember any option about reboot to fta. I installed through IFA and it did the rest.

I took a physical copy of all the files before I started and IFA took an img backup before it installed the update.

Will I have to copy any keys back or anything from my pre-update to the new one?

u will have to copy the whole ky folder and emu folder - change cams to attribute 755

Sorry mate, bit of a newb at this sort of things. What do you mean by change cams to attribute 755 ??

I was just using internet and windows explorer. I can get a copy of flashfxp if that will sort it?

Right copied all files from key and emu folders onto box. Once copied I opened up flashfxp and clicked on all files containing cam in both key and emu directorys and changed to attrib 755.

Do I need to repeat this for all key files transfered??

Nice one mate.

I am at work at the moment and decided to restore my old image last night so at least I had some tv.

Am going to attempt to reflash tonight. Just so I have it clear in my head.

1. Backup Bouteque & service.xml files and contents of key & emu directory currently on dbox.
2. Using IFA flash image on dbox with new commando10 image.
3. Reset Dbox
4. Copy Bouteque & Service.xml and contents of key and emu back to dbox.
5. Chmod the emu files in emu directory to attrib 755 using flashfxp.
5. Reset Dbox.
6. Everything should be fine!!??

Nice one mate.

I am at work at the moment and decided to restore my old image last night so at least I had some tv.

Am going to attempt to reflash tonight. Just so I have it clear in my head.

1. Backup Bouteque & service.xml files and contents of key & emu directory currently on dbox.
2. Using IFA flash image on dbox with new commando10 image.
3. Reset Dbox
4. Copy Bouteque & Service.xml and contents of key and emu back to dbox.
5. Chmod the emu files in emu directory to attrib 755 using flashfxp.
5. Reset Dbox.
6. Everything should be fine!!??

y use ifa just transfer the img to the /tmp/ folder and use remote to flash.....only use ifa if u can't ftp to box.....

instead of transferring contents of kys and emu folders just transfer the whole folder.....delete from new image (if there) and transfer whole folder to correct location. chmod emus to 755

then dbox-service-reload channel lists after transferring service / bouquets

cheers

Last edited:
Am really struggling to get it to pick up the img through the remote.

Thought that ifa was just a little safer, with auto backup etc. I have never messed with my box and have only started now because my mates new box has commando10 on it. Its all a bit scary to be honest. :)

Back