Cold Turkey

You're contradicting yourself. :confused:

I'm not sure you're fully committed tbh.
your just a prat who likes to pick arguments aint you

i dont feel any better off and dont have more money in my pocket--but not smoking hasnt bothered me and i know im not burning money now -you just wanna pick an argument

and just because i aint acting like the usual holier than thou ex smoker and others smoking near me isnt an issue for me I aint commited-ive stopped i have no reason to start again
YOU DONT KNOW ME dont act like you do tosser-i had wondered why some folk seemed to have issues with you-i know why now,stirring prick

@maidenbeats Teeth, gums, smell, fingers, tiredness, shortness of breath, irritability, lack of energy..
right since i stopped,my gums bleed,i can no longer stay awake like i could,i have zero energy now id say i feel a little more breathy and i am certainly more irritable

1. 'I don't feel any better for stopping smoking'

why the hell does that matter? u stop smoking so that you dont get any worse.a lot of people don't start to deteriorate through smoking til they hit their 40's or 50's so if u stop when your younger ur less likely to feel 'cured' overnight.

2.'I don't see the financial benefit of stopping'

WTF?? So what are u doing with the money that u were spending on fags? is that not a benefit to you?

The main benefit of stopping is that you are less likely to die from lung cancer or other smoking related diseases - is that not enough?

not my reasons they b yours,please dont speak for me,i have my own voice

I love how this thread went from a fairly normal well mannered thread to i-zombie getting jumped on because he had differing views. Why does that happen on here?

@maidenbeats Teeth, gums, smell, fingers, tiredness, shortness of breath, irritability, lack of energy..
right since i stopped,my gums bleed,i can no longer stay awake like i could,i have zero energy now id say i feel a little more breathy and i am certainly more irritable

Well mate, if that's the case you should go and see a doctor and dentist. I'm no doctor or dentist, but I can guarantee you that smoking wasn't the cure that abated these ailments of yours which then perpetuated when you stopped!?!?

We're all intelligent people here and I think non of us need be reminded of the dangers and compromise of health that smoking brings and also the 'health benefits' that it doesn't.

Maybe /maybe not,but it is the truth that my gums are appaling since stopping,that I no longer have the stamina I had,nor the energy I had..
The fact of the matter is we are told by various agencys ,about the benefit of stopping with flashy ads and glossy booklets giving us time tables of what happens to our bodies when we stop and thrustong the benefits dowm our throats..i .personslly have not noticed said health benefits infact I have noticed quite the opposite.,the financial side could be misleading too,i was spending around 150 quid a month on smokes,am I 150 a month better off no,but having said that,once I had stopped I treat myself to a new contract phone,which I couldnt have done when smoking,so I may not physically see the cash or bank balance I know im not burning cash any more.
But I do refuse to be the typical ex smoker who is holier tham thou for stopping,and I will not spout the benefits of something when I simply have not experianced them,nor do I expect people around me to change there habbits ,i choose to smoke and I choose to stop
.others people shouldnt be affected by my personal choices.
1 thing I have definatly noticed is my sense of taste and smell are much stronger than I can remember (i do often wish my sense of smell was what ive grown used to)

Stopped 15 years ago from 25+ a day. Cold turkey as well.
Good luck m8. Take it like the alcoholics. 1 day at a time.
Each day is an acheivement and when reached set the next target i.e the next day.

yea cold turkey 11 years ago after smoking for 30 yrs

First few days were hard after that no problem.
I wasnt trying to stop.
I just didnt smoke anymore

Ah just have more sex with your misses to relax you like 3 times a day and suck on murry mints not at the same time though lol

Also get a sqaush ball and constantly squeeze it in your smoking hand this does work wonders and also builds up wrist and forarm muscles at the same time.

I stopped cold turkey must be 15 years now, The physical cravings go after a couple of weeks. After that its all in your head try and avoid situations that you normally smoked. I stopped carrying cash to work for a while so i wouldn't be tempted to buy any on impulse. Keep at it it is worth it in the long run.

thebigman

Back