Coax Cable - which one?

Killer_K

Inactive User
Reaction score
i need to buy coax cable, i've been looking on net and have seen that you can buy:
RG58 Coax cable
RG59 Coax cable
RG6 Coax cable
WF100 Coax cable
TX100 Coax cable

I'm not sure which one i need, i need to use it with Virgin Media to carry cable and broadband signal.

Can you guys please recommend which one i need to buy? Anyone know which coax cable do Virgin use?

Where in london are ya and how much do you need ?

I got some black and some white RG6

Generally RG6 will do you fine....I normally use RG6 or Webro if push comes to shove...

the cable run is around 12-16 meters....i'm doing my house up, just done electrics so thought i may as well feed coax through to living room (cable run 6 meter), two master bedrooms (cable run is 12 and 14 meters) and also to attic room (cable run will be 16 meter for that) whilst i have the floorboards up.

rs2ooo16valve - i'm in west yorkshire mate, Halifax.

the cable run is around 12-16 meters....i'm doing my house up, just done electrics so thought i may as well feed coax through to living room (cable run 6 meter), two master bedrooms (cable run is 12 and 14 meters) and also to attic room (cable run will be 16 meter for that) whilst i have the floorboards up.

rs2ooo16valve - i'm in west yorkshire mate, Halifax.

ahh not as local as I thought then lol, location says london :p

Might be best grabbing a reel of RG6 bud, and some ends... I have the sky twist on ends if any use ? got loads of them lol.... or invest in crush tool and crush on ends.

:)

cheers mate.

i have the twist on ends but i was planning to get the crush on ends put on by the virgin guy when he comes to install cable....i would have done most of the work for him anyway...so i'm hoping he will be ok to just put the ends on for me.

yep, i need to change my location....i was living in london when i joned the community ....

where can ye get a drum of rg6 without asking a vm techy?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

thanks Curly, its good to know the difference between these and what they should be used for ;-)

Back