Cloud Ibox 2 Plus Dead

cheerfuleric

Inactive User
Reaction score
I updated my box to Open PLi 4 beta, dated 21/05/14 from what I "believe" to be the proper location, updated (as I have done quite a few times before) rebooted, but this time I have a blue light, no display and no image or sound, in other words "Bricked" :( after looking on the Shenzhen site I have seen a few similar comments, they kindly point out that "their" updates work with "their" boxes, and any issues must be with "Clones" only, anyone else had any similar issues?

I updated my box to Open PLi 4 beta, dated 21/05/14 from what I "believe" to be the proper location, updated (as I have done quite a few times before) rebooted, but this time I have a blue light, no display and no image or sound, in other words "Bricked" :( after looking on the Shenzhen site I have seen a few similar comments, they kindly point out that "their" updates work with "their" boxes, and any issues must be with "Clones" only, anyone else had any similar issues?

It the new bootloader included in images after 18/5/14, i dont believe the clone hype my ibox 3 is bricked and its been confirmed an original.

Ill jtag it when i get around to it.

It the new bootloader included in images after 18/5/14, i dont believe the clone hype my ibox 3 is bricked and its been confirmed an original.

Ill jtag it when i get around to it.

Ahh, so could I "jtag" mine and bring it back to life? and is "jtaging" soldering those little resistors to the board? :)

Ahh, so could I "jtag" mine and bring it back to life? and is "jtaging" soldering those little resistors to the board? :)

No you need to solder in 4 header pins into holes already on the mobo as jtag points.

Other option is to remove the chip very easy and re program it, heard people doing it with old william m programmers

No you need to solder in 4 header pins into holes already on the mobo as jtag points.

Other option is to remove the chip very easy and re program it, heard people doing it with old william m programmers

I've got a programmer from my PlayStation Pic Chip days, I've just ordered an adapter for the smaller chip size, just got to try and remember how to use it, thanks for the help.

I've got a programmer from my PlayStation Pic Chip days, I've just ordered an adapter for the smaller chip size, just got to try and remember how to use it, thanks for the help.

What programmer is it ?

Most will jtag these back to life done in the same way as the VU+ boxes although with different files and the Cypress development board.

What programmer is it ?

Most will jtag these back to life done in the same way as the VU+ boxes although with different files and the Cypress development board.

It's a Serial Port type programmer, I used to program 12C508 chips many years ago... :) although I have ordered the CY7C68013A-56 featured in the excellent VU+ guide :)

Just to update this thread a little, after trying for almost two days to jtag and re-flash my bootloader I've given up :( I have my CY7C68013A USB DEV Board setup on a Windows XP PC, but no matter what I do my Cloud Ibox 2+ will not connect through Broadband Studio 3........ so I am now waiting for a soldering iron tip and a replacement chip to arrive :)

Just to update this thread a little, after trying for almost two days to jtag and re-flash my bootloader I've given up :( I have my CY7C68013A USB DEV Board setup on a Windows XP PC, but no matter what I do my Cloud Ibox 2+ will not connect through Broadband Studio 3........ so I am now waiting for a soldering iron tip and a replacement chip to arrive :)

What version DEV Board was it you used mate the single jumper board or the dual jumper ?

Is your chip coming pre programmed or are you programming it yourself ?

What version DEV Board was it you used mate the single jumper board or the dual jumper ?

Is your chip coming pre programmed or are you programming it yourself ?

Dual jumper (I noticed it was different to the one in the vu+ guide), chip is blank, I will be "Trying" to program it myself :)

Oh well, received the correct Cypress board today, but after attempting to re-solder the connections (did not use pins) I now have no 3.3v solder point so I am a twat after all..... is there an alternative 3.3v solder point I can use instead? :(

Oh well, received the correct Cypress board today, but after attempting to re-solder the connections (did not use pins) I now have no 3.3v solder point so I am a twat after all..... is there an alternative 3.3v solder point I can use instead? :(

Not sure mate. Possibly pin 8 on the chip itself

Reckon your only option now is removing the MX25 chip and reprogramming it.

Back