Cloned 800 tuner probs .. Read on !

sirius5e

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i am now on my second Dm 800 clone (1 for Vermin 1 for satellite) and have an interesting scenario.
The tuner in both box'es was unable to display an Hd signal of any sorts , it sat at 0% and so like others on here i bought an in line signal amplifier off flea bay.
This made no difference , still no hd signal , even though i have a 1.2 metre Channel master dish with a feedhorn and c120 . 3 lnb.

I tried again today to see if it would benefit from a slight dish movement but it still said 0% signal.

I left the box on BBC HD and went out.
When i came home an hour or so later the video was clearing and showing 99% signal on the box , whats happened ???

could the tuners have dry joints perhaps.

Many clone users have this issue - HD channels won't work until the tuner warms up. There is a long discussion on this on 8a8f8. Some suggest to replace the capacitor C1 on the tuner board (one guy reported that he made 4 boxes to work after this fix). I ordered C1 (1000uF 6.3V) and should be getting it on monday. I will let you know if it helped.

BTW - this issue concerns ONLY DVB-S2 channels, DVB-S HD channels like BBC HD work fine.

EDIT: just tested the tuner after replacing C1 capacitor (1000uF 6.3V PANASONIC EEEFK0J102AP from Farnell) and HD channels are now working even if the tuner is cold. sirius5e - try this fix.

Last edited:
can someone pls help me setup this dm800hd c clone cos its driving bonkers lol im not an idiot but i just dont get what im doing wrong its got gemini 4.40 on it straight from supplier in hk any ideas guys pm me pls

Many clone users have this issue - HD channels won't work until the tuner warms up. There is a long discussion on this on 8a8f8. Some suggest to replace the capacitor C1 on the tuner board (one guy reported that he made 4 boxes to work after this fix). I ordered C1 (1000uF 6.3V) and should be getting it on monday. I will let you know if it helped.

BTW - this issue concerns ONLY DVB-S2 channels, DVB-S HD channels like BBC HD work fine.

EDIT: just tested the tuner after replacing C1 capacitor (1000uF 6.3V PANASONIC EEEFK0J102AP from Farnell) and HD channels are now working even if the tuner is cold. sirius5e - try this fix.

My issue is that all DVB S2 channels it tunes to causes the dreambox to reboot..

As you say BBC HD is fine.

So you think the cap may help me???

There are two general issues with DVB-S2 channels on clones. First one was experienced by me and described above. The second type of issues seems to ba ffecting you - a full freeze and/or reboot. As I mentioned in other thread 8a8f8 has a thread regarding this with soultion provided. I'm PMing you the link

the S2/HD channel bug with my latest SIM2.01 & REV K Tuner fix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stolen from another source

I also did run into the S2/HD channel bug with my latest SIM2.01 machines. Both clones came with fan and tuner Rev. K.

It was impossible to get HD channel working neiter by automatic nor by manual scan.

BUT good news! I've just fixed two faulty Rev. K tuners!
To be honest I only followed a hint I got, I don't know the root cause but the fix is working with me!

For faulty Rev. K tuner remove capacitor C1 and insert a 1000UF (16V) capacitor at the marked points (details you'll find in the pictures)!

Of course without any warranty, but as mentioned mine are working now ...

Happy soldering and best regards
revkfixs.jpg

http://www.fatladz.com/revkfix.jpg

oops forgot to mention the U400 chip also gets knocked off the board when a fan has been fitted on the heatsink

would you be better off resoldering u400 chip in case it falls off.i have a fan fitted.and so have most others.

the capacitor that u replaced is a click on one isnt it?
do they only go in one way?
ive just purchased some capacitors ( the same ones you bought) are they easy to replace?

What do you mean by clik-on? They have a SMD mounting, once you remove one you will know which direction they should go - they have 3 pins on 3 different sides of the square mounting foot.

oh right i thought they just *clicked* on ive bought
RS Stock No. Qty Unit Price Goods Value Description
315-1038 5 £1.31 £6.55 FC radial elec cap, 1000uF 63V
565-734 5 £1.50 £7.50 Ecap 1000uF 6.3V F Case
one is the smd mounting and others r for soldering
ive *removed the c1 capacitor just wondering how to put the other c1 back on it wether i need to re flow the solder?

just to add they way i took it off was just by twisting it and it fell off i hope that was right?

Last edited:
just to add they way i took it off was just by twisting it and it fell off i hope that was right?

That was a drastic way of doing this... SMD mounting is not click-on - it requires soldering and the previous capacitor should have been desoldered. If the connectors on the MB are now damaged and there is no solder left you can try to solder a new 1000uF 16V in a different place on the MOBO. I don't have the picture handy but it is somewhere on this forum (tuner REV K mod or something).

I just changed the C1 capacitor (mine is rev j), as in the pic - worked fine :)

Hi,

Ar Farnell should I ask for CI cappacitor 1600UF 6.3V Panasonic.

How many units will I require ?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Best Wishes.
yours respectfully,
kadnor

have you tried an inline amplifier? this corrected my issues with certain HD channels on my DVB-S2 dm800 clone

just read first post again and noticed it made no difference. did you try the amp in the wrong way round? this was only way mine would work

Last edited:
I just changed the C1 capacitor (mine is rev j), as in the pic - worked fine :)

so for the rev.j are you saying you followed the picture on this thread (the rev.k fix)? I thought for rev.j the procedure was to remove c1 and put replacement SMD directly in its place?

Back