Clone Box's

kaostech

Inactive User
Reaction score
What clone box's are good and where would you go to buy one of these? thank you, i own a tm800hd at the mo.

depends what you want really mate
single tuner
twin tuner

personally if its a single tuner your after then go for the Sunray DM800SE

you also have the clone Duo although you do read mixed reviews at the moment, but it is early days for Duo clone

I have been running both Vu+ Duo and Vu+ Solo clones since they became available with absolutely no issues other than the very latest images won't run without a patch which isn't yet available...

I have been running both Vu+ Duo and Vu+ Solo clones since they became available with absolutely no issues other than the very latest images won't run without a patch which isn't yet available...

This is of course is the test for clone VU's traditionally Ferarri team have been pretty poor with bootloader, drivers, patchign updates on clone dreamboxes in comparison to SIM2 Team. They seemed to have improved with the VU clones, there were pretty speedy updates..however this may have been due to the fact the cloen VU's had just launched and if they didnt act fast on patching..sales could have flopped.

Whether or not long term support remains good is another matter...I have a clone DUO and so far it's been fine it's used as my main viewing box and has no day to day issues, doesnt crash PVR, etc all work fine. Cant remember the last time I had to reboot it.

So yeh your choice of clones as mentioend by Rat is really...single or double tuner...for single tuner go with the Sunray 800SE , dual tuner go with the DUO. Even if you cant run the latest images, the previous ones are fine everything still works..

This is of course is the test for clone VU's traditionally Ferarri team have been pretty poor with bootloader, drivers, patchign updates on clone dreamboxes in comparison to SIM2 Team. They seemed to have improved with the VU clones, there were pretty speedy updates..however this may have been due to the fact the cloen VU's had just launched and if they didnt act fast on patching..sales could have flopped.

Whether or not long term support remains good is another matter...I have a clone DUO and so far it's been fine it's used as my main viewing box and has no day to day issues, doesnt crash PVR, etc all work fine. Cant remember the last time I had to reboot it.

So yeh your choice of clones as mentioend by Rat is really...single or double tuner...for single tuner go with the Sunray 800SE , dual tuner go with the DUO. Even if you cant run the latest images, the previous ones are fine everything still works..

Totally agree, their speed and quality of this patch will be key, especially with the 2nd generation boxes on the horizon. Not supporting these boxes would damage their reputation ....

Back