Cleaning up, please read.

i agree with manc! this is a board about the tm 800- Us tm800 owners have been lied to by tm for over a year now . The box doesnt do what is advertised Digidude i thought i had found a place that allows us to view our Views at Tm and the lies they have spun us . They have reduced the box to £199 now and are still advertising lies about what the box can do .

i appreciate you dont want are views in every thread thats fair enough but at least ask (***********) (the owner of tm )to have the balls to come onto the TH moans thread and for once honestly answer peoples questions thats all i want

Last edited:
i thought i had found a place that allows us to view our Views at Tm and the lies they have spun us .

no m8, that place is the 'contact us' page at technomate.com, or Download center

theres a difference between sharing an opinion, and continously slating

DW is a place for people to ask for help and advise on how to use their equipment, it is NOT any form of official TM board

no m8, that place is the 'contact us' page at technomate.com, or Download center

theres a difference between sharing an opinion, and continously slating

DW is a place for people to ask for help and advise on how to use their equipment, it is NOT any form of official TM board

Images are written/cowritten here.
Images/stb are beta tested here.
Patches etc are stored on here.
Links to TM download centre are everywhere here.
Announcements from TM are posted here.
Anti TM posts are removed from here.
Sound familiar, like another forum who solely promoted TM products till they fell out?

so when threads get out of control, and members are all slagging off products and each other, members ask why dont the mods do something, when the mods do something, we're wrong

TM posts etc are posted IN THE TM SECTION, and other posts etc moved to the relevent sections, or, if its just posting for the sake of arguing with no real relevence to the threads etc, then removed

if it was like 'another' forum, most of the people posting just for the sake of it, would have been banned a long time ago 'for causing trouble', this is why its gone on for so long and got to the point its at now, with some members blatantly taking advantage of the linient way DW is run. No other forum is as linient as DW, and no other technical section of DW is in the state that the TM800 room is in

Images are written/cowritten here.
as are they for the dreamboxes/ dbox2s so not really a valid point.
Images/stb are beta tested here.
Don't know about stb's but images for many manufacturers are tested here so not really a valid point.
Patches etc are stored on here.
See point above.
Links to TM download centre are everywhere here.
tm download centre is not a forum so it is a valid link.
Announcements from TM are posted here.
Announcements from, vix (vu boxes), team commando (dm500 & dbox2's), pli and many others are posted so not really a valid point.
Anti TM posts are removed from here.
I agree with this, if the box worked as advertised then there would not be the large quantity of moans, Though I do get ticked off when people that don't own the boxes complain but valid complaints from disgruntled owners should stay imho.
Sound familiar, like another forum who solely promoted TM products till they fell out?
There are other forums ?.

We cater on dw for many kinds of boxes with by far the largest section being the dreambox section not the tm section.

Though I do get ticked off when people that don't own the boxes complain but valid complaints from disgruntled owners should stay imho.

i havent (as far as im aware) removed any threads started by members who actually own a receiver and have brought up an issue, if i have, let me know and ill find and reinstate it, but i have removed posts by people who dont own a receiver moaning about things that dont function

manic did you buy a TM800 ? ill presume no
why does is concern you so much what happens in this room ?

Ive not hidden the fact I'm not 100% happy with the length of time things are taking to get done etc

Ive also said I made my choice and the box gives great picture and sound

you seem to criticise more as a non owner than some owners do lol :err:

don't let it get to you mate :)

I don't worry about other receivers,I very rarely go into the others unless a title intrigues me

your a knowlagable guy who helps out a lot, dont let this room bother you

:)

So we can go along with the mis advertising of a product that clearly never did what it said on the box?
Welcome to Technomate Worldz!

No, we don't have to go along. We can complain as much as we like about it in the appropriate thread. If we are so annoyed we can go down the consumer rights route and I'm certain that TM will resolve any issues with any of their customers who are so aggrieved.

The other threads are there to help others overcome issues as well as identify any problems arising by any new fixes (such as 56% hanging) and hopefully other users will benefit from observations,solutions,workarounds. The mods are there to maintain the forum so that it benefits visitors/posters.

As a junior member I look forward to helpful advice and solutions from experienced members such as yourself. We do't always respond to say thank you, but you should know your helpfulness is appreciated.

Peace.

Last edited:
so when threads get out of control, and members are all slagging off products and each other, members ask why dont the mods do something, when the mods do something, we're wrong

If the same lets call them 'mud slingers' repeatedly hammer threads into a slagging match then they should be subjected to the same punishments as anyone else on the forum, including this points systems, suspensions, and perm bans.

I also think it's wrong however to have TM employees pretending to be end users and posting stuff about it must be users fault as their boxes are working 100% and is best box ever etc... we all know the posts I'm talking about so no point trawling through the search feature quoting them. There has been so many wrong claims made it's unethical practice and very misleading to potential new comers.

manic did you buy a TM800 ? ill presume no
why does is concern you so much what happens in this room ?

Ive not hidden the fact I'm not 100% happy with the length of time things are taking to get done etc

Ive also said I made my choice and the box gives great picture and sound

you seem to criticise more as a non owner than some owners do lol :err:

don't let it get to you mate :)

I don't worry about other receivers,I very rarely go into the others unless a title intrigues me

your a knowlagable guy who helps out a lot, dont let this room bother you

:)

Rat is talking sense here, you are asking posters to tell the truth , i challenge you to do the same. Whats your problem.

Just thought I'd drop in throw in my two penneth for what it's worth :)

I know the TM800 started off on the wrong foot and they had many issues, but as far as I'm concerned they've reprieved themselves with the new Jtag fix and the last couple of new images. Problem is because of the bad start this has sort of stuck and giving a bad view of now a good working Linux SATELLITE RECEIVER not MKVMEDIA PLAYER, DIVX PLAYER, COFFEE MACHINE, MICROWAVE etc....Yes its actually a SATELLITE RECEIVER and does the job very well now the fix's have been implemented, does what its advertised to do as far as i'm concerned :D Well at least it does what Technomate advertise it to do here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

So yes I'm a happy owner. Yes would be nice to have HD skins, but thats just eye candy as far as I'm concerend and I dont believe Technomate are under any obligation to provide HD skins.

Anyways that my two penneth, now i'll sit back and wait to be slagged off pmsl!

Just thought I'd drop in throw in my two penneth for what it's worth :)

I know the TM800 started off on the wrong foot and they had many issues, but as far as I'm concerned they've reprieved themselves with the new Jtag fix and the last couple of new images. Problem is because of the bad start this has sort of stuck and giving a bad view of now a good working Linux SATELLITE RECEIVER not MKVMEDIA PLAYER, DIVX PLAYER, COFFEE MACHINE, MICROWAVE etc....Yes its actually a SATELLITE RECEIVER and does the job very well now the fix's have been implemented, does what its advertised to do as far as i'm concerned :D Well at least it does what Technomate advertise it to do here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

So yes I'm a happy owner. Yes would be nice to have HD skins, but thats just eye candy as far as I'm concerend and I dont believe Technomate are under any obligation to provide HD skins.

Anyways that my two penneth, now i'll sit back and wait to be slagged off pmsl!

It used to be advertise to play the media files thats why I bought it, yes your correct it acts as a sat reciever but I bought it as a sat reciever with built in media player.

I could have paid a lot less for just a sat reciever.

I could have paid a lot less for just a sat reciever.

I'm not sure what you originally paid, but I think now the TM800 is probably the cheapest (genuine) Enigma 2 satellite receiver out there. The Qbox run's Enigma (but its own form of) and can only be used as a client.

It used to be advertise to play the media files

Sorry, just to add to this, there isn't a single Enigma 2 Linux satellite receiver out there that plays ALL types of media files correctly . I personally use a media player for my media files and satellite receiver for Sat TV.

I got mine cheap £190 from a user on here who wasn't happy with it.

I would not of bought it if I had known it only played .ts files, I have a dm500 that will play .ts files for me.

I will have some spare time soon so will look at the cvs again to see if can get the media player and network mounting working, I have the network mounts working but a menu for users would be nicer as it is setup for my system here and not much use to others.

Sorry, just to add to this, there isn't a single Enigma 2 Linux satellite receiver out there that plays ALL types of media files correctly . I personally use a media player for my media files and satellite receiver for Sat TV.

@whoami
I wonder who you are lol!
New member yesterday and straight into this thread amazing!

WhoamI - Who is this masked Marvell?

I'm happy with my TM800 but seriously annoyed at the way ellie1998 has been treated by TM for voicing his honest opinion. If I were him I'd be returning it straight away for a refund and moving on.

Back