Claim to fame....

I played in a band that had a number 1 hit both sides of the big pond at the same time first british band to do so .Now lets see if you can guess the name of it going to bed now so i'll check the answers tomorrow lol

st winifreds school choir

my claim 2 fame is im related to the women suffragettes the pankhurst side

I played in a band that had a number 1 hit both sides of the big pond at the same time first british band to do so .Now lets see if you can guess the name of it going to bed now so i'll check the answers tomorrow lol

I always knew John Lennon wasn't dead! :)

My only claim to fame was to have Bernard Manning come to my house, he was very funny and took the piss out of my neighbours garden, had a cup of tea with me and we recorded some wav files for a project I was involved with for a telephone comms company. Very funny guy indeed!

Coolur: colors1

More solo artist than band but did you gig with:

Rod Stewart - Maggie May?

From Wikipedia:

Stewart's 1971 solo album Every Picture Tells a Story made him a household name when the B-side of his minor hit "Reason to Believe", "Maggie May", started receiving radio play. The album and the single hit #1 in both the U.S. and the UK simultaneously, a chart first

Last edited:
Won't be that. That was special because the album and the song were number one at the same time on both sides of the Atlantic, not because it was the 1st ever number 1 to do it.

That could be the the Tornados ,Telstar ......

Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles

my claim to fame was when i was interviewed by the BBC news and appeared on the evening news when i was busted for a pirate radio staion back in 1998, i also got in the Sun newspaper for the same thing & BBC local radio station news bulitens every hour all day lol , although it cost me a hefty fine & I lost loads of equipment + probation :(

I'm impressed with the ages of some people here, it's nice to not be the oldest for once :)

Me, been on the opening sequence for Masterchef twice, ITV local news filmed going down the stairs of the Newcastle Mayfair on its last night in 1999, local radio about my museum, had a good natter with Irish comic Dave Allen after having a p!ss next to him in the bogs in Nice airport, used to have Steve Donald (of Viz comic fame) round our house and could've had the life-size Fat Slags but we had nowhere to put 'em!

Oh aye, me and Gazza were in the same year at school and he was *always* banging on how he'd play for Newcastle.....we didn't believe him :grab:

Last edited:
I did a music production at the Mac in Birmingham with Shin Parwana of Bhangra group DCS. He is quite well known among Indians but a complete idiot when it comes to training singers. I got the CD somewhere as well.

C'mon Charlie mate, put us (me) out our (my) misery, what was the name of the band?

:)

C'mon Charlie mate, put us (me) out our (my) misery, what was the name of the band?

:)

It was the Spice Girls, hes the one on the far right. Hes not been around recently coz hes getting ready for the reunion.

My claim to fame?

Same school as beckham and martin from eastenders
Bin on richard and judy
A popular mtv show
Full double page spread in the sun.... lol not page 2 and 3! lolz
A news channel
On the level with Tim Westwood

thats all that comes to mind rite now !! lolz

My cousin beat Joe Calzaghe in a boxing match........when he was 11. Not really my claim to fame but there you go.

Will Charlie ever tell us?

I'm going to PM him, this is killing me, I'm losing sleep over this...

;)

Back