Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cigarette lighter stuck

leestevenson1988

Inactive User
looking for some help, I have a chevrolet kalos 06 and the cigarette lighted is jammed in. Any ideas ? I can twist it and still push it in but as soon as I use any force it doesn't budge at all.

Cheers

Re: cigarette lighted stuck

looking for some help, I have a chevrolet kalos 06 and the cigarette lighted is jammed in. Any ideas ? I can twist it and still push it in but as soon as I use any force it doesn't budge at all.

Cheers

Have you checked the fuse?. They shouldn't jam in unless there is an obstruction in there. If the fuse is good take it out and try levering the lighter part gently to get it out and then check for further obstructions or broken clips ect.

Have you checked the fuse?. They shouldn't jam in unless there is an obstruction in there. If the fuse is good take it out and try levering the lighter part gently to get it out and then check for further obstructions or broken clips ect.

will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Cheers

[video=dailymotion;x4p34rr]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p34rr[/video]

uploaded a video if that helps, the button you push in is stuck and when I twist it or just push it out and in nothing happens but button and ignter remain jammed. Also trying to locate the fuse is proving a bit difficult as its not easy to get to. Anymore info would be great. Cheers

[video=dailymotion;x4p34rr]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p34rr[/video]

uploaded a video if that helps, the button you push in is stuck and when I twist it or just push it out and in nothing happens but button and ignter remain jammed. Also trying to locate the fuse is proving a bit difficult as its not easy to get to. Anymore info would be great. Cheers

Sorry Lee but twisting it will not release it you need to grip with mole grips carefully wrapped in a cloth to prevent marking and then a good pull towards you should get the lighter part out leaving the inner body in place. Examine for corrosion?. If all else fails there should be a little trap door in the dash to get your hand in to undo the wiring and release the lighter. Get familiar with that fuse is your first point of call though. there are two fuseboxes one under the bonnet and one in the cab. I hope you have managed to locate this fusebox??? you are looking for a 20 amp fuse. Hope this helps as I cannot view your video clip.

Sorry Lee but twisting it will not release it you need to grip with mole grips carefully wrapped in a cloth to prevent marking and then a good pull towards you should get the lighter part out leaving the inner body in place. Examine for corrosion?. If all else fails there should be a little trap door in the dash to get your hand in to undo the wiring and release the lighter. Get familiar with that fuse is your first point of call though. there are two fuseboxes one under the bonnet and one in the cab. I hope you have managed to locate this fusebox??? you are looking for a 20 amp fuse. Hope this helps as I cannot view your video clip.

Thanks again, will give it a try tonight or tomorrow. Thanks

Back