Sensible Topic Chrome and firefox

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a loyal firefox user but I jumped to chrome after firefox had memory issues and found chrome faster. I'm now thinking of making my move back to firefox and wanted to know if anyone has any issues with firefox before i leap thinking the 'grass is greener! Chrome seems to be using high cpu for no reason I can find.

I made the leap and think firefox is faster. I did find why chrome was running slow it was something like 'subset: staticset.com' the word on the net said possibly a addon might be the culprit but I've not added any new ones.

I never knew this but chrome has its own taskmanager and you can get to it by pressing shift+esc.

I had thought about using edge a while back but at the time it could not use 'lastpass' but i see now, after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, I can use lastpass as an addon.

I have used FF since arounf version 3, I never use any other as it does me good
currently on FF Quantum
only have a few add-ons - AdBlock/uBlock/Youtube MP3 downloader and Pouch

I have used FF since arounf version 3, I never use any other as it does me good
currently on FF Quantum
only have a few add-ons - AdBlock/uBlock/Youtube MP3 downloader and Pouch

Yeah i'm on quantum just now. btw thanks for the tip about pouch!

I have both installed and jump between them all the time.

Moved back to Opera recently as also had issues with firefox. Got fed up with constantly resetting.

uc browser for pc & mobile firefox & epic

+1 for Opera. But I also use FF as I trust it more from a privacy point of view. Some sites run better on Opera, others on FF.
For instance if a site won't let me on because I'm running Adblocker, disabling it on FF doesn't make any difference but kill it on Opera & it lets me in.

Just playing with Firefox, takes a bit of getting used to after chrome, see how I go on and maybe try opera again.can you put the bookmarks bar at top of screen, can't seem to find out how

I was using Ramdrive with chrome but firefox quantum has memory caching already built in....

can you put the bookmarks bar at top of screen, can't seem to find out how

yes you can.

rclick.PNG

Right click in that section and a menu will appear, you can click menu tool bar. Once ticked it puts bookmarks here (next picture)

bookmarks.PNG

You can move them to be where the box is in the first picture if you wanted.

Reactions: gez
I'm a firefox man. I thing Google has enough of my data floating around their system, why make it easier for them to get more?? Just my 2 bobs worth.

Back