chipped ps2

spiky

Inactive User
Reaction score
right m8s, im seriously considering purchasding a chipped ps2 from .... well, who doesnt matter, but before i do can anyone tell me which chip is best messiah2 or DSM3? Also do i need a boot disk? Will it still run ordinary bought games? Finally is this the right thing to do, in other words am i making a mistake? your views, as always, are graetly appreciated
thanks
:confused: :Cheers:

spiky, dms3 chip is the one to go for. no you dont need a boot disk, yes you can play original games. infact you can do everything with it...if you put a coil in there it might even make toast if youre lucky.
send our very own goldberg a mail, he will probably tap something down after me...but hes your man

thanks buckthehero Ive been in touch wwith Goldberg already, but its a lot of money to spend if its f***ed up, I need a bit of reassurance thats all!!!!!!!

Spiky, go for the Messiah 2. It is the only 100% working chip at the mo. THe DMS3 has regular updates and is better in my eyes, but for reliaability give the Messiah 2 a go.

i have had a messiah in my ps2 since the day it came out sand still going strong :)

i have messiah 2 but it will not play ps1 backups

can anyone help

@ Bertsam

Have you tried holding down the reset button untill the blue eject light comes on? this will put the chip in mode 2, to get it back to mode 1 just press in the rest button quickly.

Iv had no bother playing any psx or ps2 game with mine, back-up or originals.

Gary

Here is an even better guide m8.............

Direct Boot Mod Chips

Messiah 2
ALL games (PS2, Backups or Originals)
•Insert into tray.
•Close tray.
•Everything will boot.

PS1
Press and hold the reset button untill the blue eject light turns on

Messiah
Original games (PS1 and PS2 CD & DVD)
• Load as normal

PS2 backups (CD & DVD)
• Insert game and close tray
• Press reset

PS1 Backups
• Press reset twice

DVD Movies
• Press reset twice

DMS3
NOTE: This is with the disk assumed in the tray and the tray closed:

Playstation 2 mode:
• PS2 Mode is selected by turning on the PS2 from stand-by using the reset button. This can be a tap, a press or holding of the reset button. PS2 Mode is used to play all PS2 games, be it DVD media (including DVD9) or CD. This means import originals, non-import originals, "silver" pressed discs, backups and anything else the PS2 can read.

Playstation 1 mode:
• PS1 Mode is selected by turning on the PS2 from stand-by with a quick tap on the eject button. PS1 Mode is used to play all PS1 games, including originals, import originals, silvers, and backups.
DVD / Disable mode:
• DVD Movie / Disable Mode is selected by turning on the PS2 from stand-by by pressing and holding the eject button for 1/2 of a second.

Dev.olution Mode:
• Dev.olution Mode is selected by holding down the "Select" button on controller 1 while turning on the PS2 from stand-by using one of the main Boot Modes. The majority of the time, you will want to use "PS2 Mode" for this. At this time we can think of no reason why you'd need to use the other modes with Dev.olution Mode but if you do, you can.
• Dev.olution Mode allows you to boot applications off the PS2 memory card when the PS2 starts up, bypassing the normal PS2 introduction screen. Applications booted off the memory card can be anything from the new PS2Reality Media Player to the various emulators and "demos" that are available on the net. Technical specifications for developers will be available upon release of DMS3.

FastBoot Mode:
• FastBoot Mode is used to boot your PS2 games as quickly as possible. It is selected by holding down the "Start" button on controller 1 while turning on the PS2 from stand-by using the PS2 Mode. FastBoot Mode will bypass the PS2 introduction screen and boot the disc as soon as the CD/DVD drive has verified that the disc is valid (which another part of DMS3 handles). It will also skip the PS2 logo to ensure the fastest possible booting of your disc.

Magic 3

Playstation 2 Games
• Power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap is required.

Playstation 1 games & DVD Movies
• Power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on; then release RESET and the disk will boot.

NOTE: Turn off the PS2 (to standby) before changing Mode (PS1/PS2/DVD)

Magic 2

Playstation 2 games
•Power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap of the reset button is required.

Playstation 1 games & DVD Movies
•Power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on.
•Then release RESET and the disk will boot.

NOTE: Turn off the PS2 (to standby) before changing Modes
(PS1/PS2/DVD)

Apple
NOTE: It is assumed that your machine is in the Standby mode, ie machine is not switched on.

Playstation 2 games
•Press EJECT button to switch on the machine.
•Insert PS2 game in tray, then press EJECT button to close tray.
•Once the tray closes fully, press/tap the RESET button once to load game.

DVD movies
•Once the browser/system config screen shows. Select and go into browser.
•Insert DVD movie in tray, then press EJECT button to close tray.
•If the disc is not detected within 3-5 seconds. Press EJECT button to open tray. Once the tray opens fully, press EJECT button again to close tray. The disc should be recognise at least by the second time.

Playstation 1 games
•Insert PSX game in tray, then press and hold RESET button to switch off machine.
•Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button once you see the first power on screen on your TV. ie hold RESET button for like 4-5 seconds
•Your PSX game should now boot. (If it shows the PSX game as an audio cd. This means that you didn't hold the RESET button long enough.)

Hope that is of some help.....

Gary

a big thanks to goldberg. Have got my messiah2 and its working just fine! Kids are well occupied over the long holiday period!!and me lol
thanks m8

I believe the ps2 can m8, but as i have read on a few sites the ps2 is very picky about what dvd-r discs to use and what burning software is used........havent tried it yet as im still getting into it all.....it sounds like "copy to dvd" is the best software and what i understand about what type of discs to use is the ones with the deepest purple dye.....but dont quote me on that....lol

Back