Cheap but fully working PC/Components wanted

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
Looking for a cheap but nice PC for my son as part of his Christmas suprise. (Base unit only).

Looking to spend about £50.

I know it's a long shot but someone may be upgrading or have just upgraded and have a base unit or components kicking about.

Looking for something along the lines of an Athlon 64 3000+ or P4 2.8, ram, hard drive, dvd drive, motherboard intact, possible case if it's in good condition.

No operating system required.

As this will be for a Christmas present, anyone upgrading between now and December now would be a great time to let know what you have.

i've approved your post but i think your taking the pi$$ £50, more like £150 and you may get somewhere, read throught trades and wants im sure you will find something.

Lol, not really mate, can build a fully blown dual core setup for £150 with brand new quality parts. But as this is just a little suprise add on for Christmas I thought I would try my luck at a cheap second hand PC if anyone has one.

;)

Oh and thanks for letting it pass.

No got to agree with Napster there digicol if you get something like that for 50 squid that

would be a top deal, personally i wouldn't hold my breath though even pricing the bits up

individually on fleabay second hand you wont get that just my opinion maybe throw another

25 - 30 at it you might be in the ballpark good luck fella.

Lol, not really mate, can build a fully blown dual core setup for £150 with brand new quality parts. But as this is just a little suprise add on for Christmas I thought I would try my luck at a cheap second hand PC if anyone has one.

it is cheap for a reason - it is built with components that are cheap except for perhaps the processor - the components are usually limited to that performance and it is very rare that it can be upgraded in terms of memory and cpu - go buy a dell m8 off ebay for 60 notes for a p4 2.8 ghz

I have a old AMD XP2000/512mb ram/80gb ide disk/Geforce3 card.

You could have that for £80 +delivery if you intrested.

Thx.

I have a old AMD XP2000/512mb ram/80gb ide disk/Geforce3 card.
You could have that for £80 +delivery if you intrested.
Thx.

Hello mate,

Any more info on it?

Ia the ram SD or DDR?
Motherboard make and model?
Any optical drives?

Come to think of it it does seem a little old as the bairn is actually using a 2000+ and I was hoping to upgrade and give him a surprise at Christmas.

Anyone else upgrading and have old stuff they need rid of? P4 or Athlon 754 or above?
I would like a board, processor, ram and graphics card if possible, this will replace what he has and hopefuly give him a massive boost over what he has at present.

Thanks for the interest.

np.

I think anything of a higher spec would carry a higher price as well...

If I had a 478 mobo I could of put together a 2.4Ghz pc for around the same cost, ah well.

Good luck on the search.

ManC

No problem mate, thanks for the offer, looks like I am sorted now anyway, just waiting till I get paid on the 19th and should have a Dell GX270 P4 2.8 coming.

I will be looking for a second hand tft for about £30 if anyone has one, payment can't be made till the 19th as I have just forked out for a new printer so monthly budget has been spent. :(

If anyone has upgraded to a larger tft and want rid of their old one let me know.

Cheers.

I doubt you will be able to get a tft for £30 maybe a decent size crt second hand but you might need to up your budget a bit if you want tft.

Id be intrested to know what you can exactly get for £150.

Can get smaller second hand TFT's all the time for about £30 on various forums, I have just never registered in the past to take advantage, hence my shout out on here. :)

Considering you can get new 19" widescreens for less than £100 on a regular basis from various companies a lot of people upgrade and sell their old 15" ones. eBay has loads at this price but I have never really used eBay so prefer to deal with the genuine people on here if possible.

@Adam, mate if you check one of the bargain basement thread for a DIY dual core PC you will see that is very easy to build a dual core setup for less than £150. Here is the link: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=148488

Still on the lookout for a 15" TFT for about £30ish if anyone has a one they no longer have use for. Can't pay till the 19th but payment would be via BT so no silly PayPal fees. If anyone has one and would like to keep it for me let me know, cheers all.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but just want to confirm that Flava is a genuine seller, he was the one who sold me the P4.

He even waited till I got paid on the 19th and then sent it.

Can you mods please note this as a +1 for Flava for your records on the trader forum or whatever you do.

Cheers.

Back