Looking for a discrete bodycam

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weather permitting I like to go for a walk each day. It's good for the healing process and get's me away from these 4 walls that have been a virtual prison for me since last September.
There is a local guy who films daily from his disabled scooter and uploads them to a local Facebook page. I want to film my walks, for my own use but without drawing attention to myself. I keep a daily diary on my pc and would like to be able to add clips from my walks to it.

I've looked at ways of doing it and realise I will almost certainly need to wear a cap to disguise it but reckon the quality will be rubbish. I have a very noticeable limp and don't want video that is jumping all over the shop so camera would need a gimbal.
I know it won't be cheap but the problem is how to hide or even partially disguise it.

Any suggestions most welcome :)

Are you talking about the guy in nuneaton on his scooter. Can't help with body cam .

Yep on the local forums, still got family there.

so what would you record to if sd card not an option as all the go pro's use sd ?

you dont need a sim to set up tho my little one has the bigger version with the watch and no sim needed

The EE Capture Cam can be used with or without a SIM Card. NOTE: This cam is compatible with other providers other than EE but an EE SIM is required to unlock

first line of scan discription

This is the sort of thing I'm looking at but would like to buy it a bit cheaper. Would need a perfectly sized shirt/jacket pocket to slightly disguise it as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Chinese have their version/copy of the DJI Osmo. It's called the FIMI PALM and is made by Xiaomi of course. To look at the differences are very difficult to spot. The Osmo does 4k @ 60fps whereas the Palm only has 4k @ 30fps.
There are a few other areas where the Osmo fares better but these are reflected in the price difference. The Osmo is currently around £329 whereas the Palm can be had for around £124 which is plenty good enough for my needs.

EDIT.........Just seen that Amazon wants £199 for it. Seen it at £124 Bangood which likely would attract customs. Harder call to make than I thought.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back