Other Charger Port Connector Size Names?

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend asked me if i had a laptop charger for XXXXX. I looked up the laptop model charger voltage/ ampage and i didn't have the exact type. I had a few with the correct voltage and a bit higher with the ampage (which i know will be fine) but as i don't have the laptop to see if it fits, is there an actual name for all the different types?
(i know i could take them all over to try, but i'm curious anyway) :)

A friend asked me if i had a laptop charger for XXXXX. I looked up the laptop model charger voltage/ ampage and i didn't have the exact type. I had a few with the correct voltage and a bit higher with the ampage (which i know will be fine) but as i don't have the laptop to see if it fits, is there an actual name for all the different types?
(i know i could take them all over to try, but i'm curious anyway) :)

Hmm good question i found this after a quick search not sure if its any help

Laptop Connector Types
Description
Cylindrical Connectors

Known as barrel connectors, sleeve connectors, tip connectors, and coaxial power connectors; they are insulated, hollow cylinders that connect to the laptop power port.

Snap and Lock Connector

Also known as Kycon 3-pin and 4-pin DC power plugs; this connector has three or four pins surrounded by a thin, metal cylinder.

Molex Connector

Often used on personal computers to supply power; several insulated electrical wires are encased by a flat, plastic rectangular case with 3, 4, or 6 terminals.

source:Your Guide to Buying a Laptop Charger | eBay

Cheers mate :)

I was hoping that each single connector would have a specific name (like all the set on a universal charger) some even have like a thin needle in the center.

It's a start though. Thanks :)

Back