Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

changing image on solo2

easymo3

DW Member +
I have vix image running atm,i want to try black hole.

Ihave saved my image in the back up manager.

Do i just download the image to usb insert into box?

Will i have to put all the setting in again?

Thanks in advance.

Fairly certain mate the solo2 is the same as solo.

You would be best to FTP to your image and copy the backup image that you will have created and save this to your PC. It will be something like "vusolo2-3.0.647-20130407_120139". Inside that folder will be a "vuplus" folder and solo2 folder. Drag the last two folders to the root of your usb drive when (if) you want to restore the VIX image.

The setting will all be saved in your backup.

Hope this helps.

Fairly certain mate the solo2 is the same as solo.

You would be best to FTP to your image and copy the backup image that you will have created and save this to your PC. It will be something like "vusolo2-3.0.647-20130407_120139". Inside that folder will be a "vuplus" folder and solo2 folder. Drag the last two folders to the root of your usb drive when (if) you want to restore the VIX image.

The setting will all be saved in your backup.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info mate.
The solo2 has image manager built into the vix image.
Ihave made a back up of this,does that mean i can load a new image and then i can reload the vix from the saved image on usb?

If you have made a backup image, that is the whole image including settings. If you flash it and you are back to same state without having to do set everything up again.

AB has answered that mate but yes you will have exactly the same "image" and settings as before. If you get BH set up you can go through the same process so that you have an image that suits your needs and settings and you can swap in the space of 3 or 4 minutes.

Well i put BH on and it frightened me to death!!! lol

I can see it is a fantastic image,but for a novice it is a bit too much.

I will stick with the VIX image for a while,but i will defo be going over to black hole eventually.

I have had to start from scratch again,VIX is defo the novice user friendly image over the BH

If you do things the long way and forget about shortcut buttons, you can work with any image and then learn the shortcuts later.

For tuner configuration,
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration

For Plugins including downloading
Menu > Plugins, (green button to download). Some images will allow you to download cams

Softcams,
Menu > Setup > Softcam/CI
However, I am sur ethat both Vix and B/Hole have them on the blue buttons.

Installing items
Hopefully someone will correct where I am wrong. The main difference is that BH uses .tar.gz installation packs instead of ipks. Process is same, transfer to /tmp/ and then Blue button and then install local package. On Open Pli, you can go into software management and then install local packages.

Transferring Bouquets is the same

Back