Changing back to Office 2003

damaan

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my PC to Office 2007. This has really slowed my PC down. I was wondering if it is possible to convert back to office 2003. I've looked on google and there seems to be some 'horror' stories by people trying to do this. Is it easy and if so how can I do it?
Thanks.:Cheers:

hi mate office shouldnt slow ya pc down , ive had it running for years now , might be the version u have , as long as u uninstall all files u should be ok

One big problem you might have is the files you have saved. If you always save your file with backwards compatibility then you are ok.

I've had this problem with Office 2010. I did a database for the Mrs work but she couldn't use it because they are on Office 2007 and it wont load in Access 2010 files, and there is no way of saving the files in an older version.

With Word and Excel they both have options to save the files as older versions, I would check all your files first and save them as "office 2003" before downgrading.

But I agree with Biffo that Office itself shouldnt slow your PC down.

Did you buy it or is it a downloaded version and if you downloaded it do you know if it's 100% clean.

yea forgot to mention that the encyription in 2007 is different so just make sure all the documents you have saved mate are done so as documentes word 97 - 2003 otherwise they wont work , if there not saved as 97 - 2003 id resave them as 97 - 2003 which is in the drop down tap as u save

Back