Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Celtic and Rangers In The Premiership?

Celtic and Rangers are trying to compete with next to no money in comparison with the premiership. Their crowds are up there with Man u. Celtic 52,000 & Rangers 50,000 and thats against crap opposition. However its all about money,

By the same token the Spanish League should admit Porto and Benfica and the German league should add PSV and Ajax but they won't because the reality is that fans don't care as much about European or cross border games as they do local rivalries. I think it means more to the Scots (Since they love to get one over the English) to play and beat (?) our teams than it would mean for say Fulham to play Rangers. The SFA needs to find a way of helping Hibs/Hearts etc to be more competitive and C & R need to accept that they are no more likely to end up in the EPL than Wimbledon ever were to end up in Dublin.

Fixture scheduling would be a nightmare. Can you imagine the potential problems in motorway service stations if busloads of rival old firm fans are travelling down the M74/M6 to away games on the same day?

I doubt the premiership needs them ... sure they are both big clubs in a very very small pond ...but they are hardly the cream of Europe ....if the English prem needed them I'm sure they would have been asked to join before now ...

Then u have sectarian bigotry...or is that for a another question!

I don't really think many Old Firm fans expect this to become a reality, except maybe the deluded. I think its more wishful thinking.
There would be way too much baggage. Like you said, who really wants to welcome teams with bigotry problems as bad as the old firm into their league?
The best Celtic and Rangers can hope for is playing against the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc in european competition, tho playing against these teams regularly in the EPL would be fantastic. It would sure as hell give us something to look forward to.
But like you and Paul-K say, it just ain't gonna happen.

there would be 6 clubs going for championship every tear instead of just the 4 just now the cash that Celtic n Gers would get would have them winning the league in the space of a couple of years so be afraid be very afraid

View attachment 27522

Oh right, you did'nt actually say that though did you, you spouted of some rubbish about 3 one off games celtic managed to win before getting knocked out as is usual, it takes consistancy to succeed in the English Premiership, any team can beat man united on a given day but as is proven by celtic's european exploits it don't actually win you anything..

For those who don't live in the realms of fantasy:
"you spouted of some rubbish about 3 one off games celtic managed to win"

actually means FACTS

The above is the only closest actuall relevant evidence we can use to compare and draw a cnoclusion. This in turn proves your nonsensical, highly illogical, uneducated, unfounded statement totally, utterly and completely farsical.

"celtic and rangers aint in the same league as man united, liverpool etc"

Lets change the topic.

Does anyone think SHITY CITY will stay in the greatest football league in the world in the 2007 - 2008 season.

Me thinks not.

@ pzblues, your a city supporter and you think city are better than the current celtic team. dream on mate. put celtic and rangers in a league with your bottom 10 teams and they would still finish 1st and 2nd.

City will definetly stay in the premiership in 2007-2008, thats a no brainer, celtic and rangers on the other hand are used to playing teams which compare to our non league sides, it would be an enormous step up in class which would ultimatley find both teams wanting, my prediction, certain relegation after one season,,, hee hee

Back