Celtic and Rangers In The Premiership?

and how did the champions league come about.....money m8 ...think about it ...its all about cash nowadays....

and how did the champions league come about.....money m8 ...think about it ...its all about cash nowadays....

Your right, but we seem to have strayed off here, clubs who spend money are not always garunteed success in the EPL or the champions leage, as i've pointed out, newcastle, leeds, liverpool etc etc have all spent millions challenging for the EPL and failed, so to say that rangers and celtic would succeed is blind optimism.

You are correct m8 nobody really knows what would happen as it depends on players, managers etc but one things for sure we would give it a bloody good shot.

And as you said above its blind optimism to say we would succeed well you cant say we would fail either then!

You think we would fail we think we would mount a serious threat. Its never gonna happen anyway so think whole thread is pointless! MOD delete it :p

Last edited:
to say they wouldn't is downright cheecky...we'll never know because English people couldn't or wouldn't stomach a Scottish team winning the "so called" best league in the world....and thats the be all and end all of WHY they'll never invite us...

You are correct m8 nobody really knows what would happen as it depends on players, managers etc but one things for sure we would give it a bloody good shot.

I have no doubt that would be the intention and would like to see how they would both fair, like i said earlier, it would be a good thing for the EPL not so good for scottish football in general, there would be pressure though on both celtic and rangers, having been used to challenging each other for the title for years and years the fans would probably expect the same down here. Also it is rather opinionated of you to say that the thread is pointless just because you dont like what is being said, pick your dummy back up, there are(just in case you are unaware) other forum users who may not share your views.

Last edited:
to say they wouldn't is downright cheecky...we'll never know because English people couldn't or wouldn't stomach a Scottish team winning the "so called" best league in the world....and thats the be all and end all of WHY they'll never invite us...

I think you are comparing your feelings toward english with ours toward scotland, we dont hate the scottish mate, everyone hates us, we know it, but hey, thats life, let me repeat what i have already stated several times in this thread, in my opinion the two glasgow teams would struggle, but we'll never know, i would like to see both in the EPL, i think it would be good, as for stomaching a scottish team winning it, think your getting a bit carried away there mate,,,,,lol

now now m8...i have no bitterness towards english people..otherwise i wouldn't use this site....we all have our own thoughts...i applaude ur attitude of seeing both teams in the EPL and how they'd both do..but lets face it...they'res allways going 2 b people who think that England is better than Scotland and vice versa and that makes us healthy rivals..the way its been for hundreds of years...and probibly always will be...

now now m8...i have no bitterness towards english people..otherwise i wouldn't use this site....we all have our own thoughts...i applaude ur attitude of seeing both teams in the EPL and how they'd both do..but lets face it...they'res allways going 2 b people who think that England is better than Scotland and vice versa and that makes us healthy rivals..the way its been for hundreds of years...and probibly always will be...

Sure, but to say that we could'nt stomach it is wrong, i personally would welcome it, i as a man city fan could'nt hate either celtic or rangers more than i do man united, same visa versa, also spurs/arsenal so the fact that it was a scottish team winning it would not be an issue, not for me anyway. Dont get me wrong, i like the rivalry you're talking about, pity the home championships was scrapped, i think both national teams need to play more competative games before going straight to qualifiers.

Last edited:
well if only every Englishman and Scotsman was as charritible as us lol..

Yes, and you are grossly over estimating yours, celtic and rangers aint in the same league as man united, liverpool etc and if they were, what difference would it make, the fanbase aint winning you anything...

Right Sherlock, Celtic put Liverpool out of Europe and have done Man Utd in Glasgow in the Champions League in the past 4 years. Oh and put Blackburn out of Europe too.

Right Sherlock, Celtic put Liverpool out of Europe and have done Man Utd in Glasgow in the Champions League in the past 4 years. Oh and put Blackburn out of Europe too.

Errrrm yea, and your point is???

No offense m8 but you take the top 6 teams outta your league and the rest are just complete pish! The money those teams get and how crap they are is a disgrace. God give Gretna the money you guys get and they'd put a better fight up than some of the teams in your league.

I know the SPL is sh1te but what makes me laugh is you all think the EPL is amazing. Afraid not. I have all the sports channels possible and you couldnt pay me to watch some of the crap teams you have in that league.

I think the reason why the crap teams are so crap in the EPL is because they are driven by the necessity to 'survive' in the EPL and that puts a lot of negativity into their play. I mean, you hear the likes of "we need 40 points for survival" and managers must look at the fixtures and guage where they can or can't pick points up from and this transmits itself to the pitch. Even the likes of the Gooners and Liverpool know they have to be in the top 4 and this sometimes shows by the performances required to get the job done. Anyway about the Gers and the Hoops in the EPL, fine but why should they have automatic entry into the EPL and if they were relegated, where would it be to . .the championship or the SPL ? And does that mean that the SPL equates to the same standard as the championship? There is too much to debate about this issue that I don't htink it will ever happen

My point is I don't get your point.

Oh right, you did'nt actually say that though did you, you spouted of some rubbish about 3 one off games celtic managed to win before getting knocked out as is usual, it takes consistancy to succeed in the English Premiership, any team can beat man united on a given day but as is proven by celtic's european exploits it don't actually win you anything..

Oh right, you did'nt actually say that though did you, you spouted of some rubbish about 3 one off games celtic managed to win before getting knocked out as is usual, it takes consistancy to succeed in the English Premiership, any team can beat man united on a given day but as is proven by celtic's european exploits it don't actually win you anything..

Celtic have proven this season that they can get a result against Man Utd and they've proven in the last 3 or 4 european campaigns that they can hold their own against other top teams. I don't deny that these teams are superior to Celtic in footballing quality and that result was a one off game, fair enough, but other than Arsenal and Chelsea maybe one or two other teams have managed this! If Celtic can hold their own against Man Utd they can sure as hell hold their own against other teams in that league! The fact that you think they would struggle against some of the absolutely mediocre teams at the bottom of the table is laughable!

Celtic have proven this season that they can get a result against Man Utd and they've proven in the last 3 or 4 european campaigns that they can hold their own against other top teams. I don't deny that these teams are superior to Celtic in footballing quality and that result was a one off game, fair enough, but other than Arsenal and Chelsea maybe one or two other teams have managed this! If Celtic can hold their own against Man Utd they can sure as hell hold their own against other teams in that league! The fact that you think they would struggle against some of the absolutely mediocre teams at the bottom of the table is laughable!

Mate, most of the teams in the premiership have beaten man united at one time or another, man city, bolton, portsmouth, west ham, middlesbrough, newcastle etc etc but that does'nt mean they did'nt struggle, it is my unbiased opinion that celtic and rangers would find it hard going, just an opinion, nothing to do with the fact they are scottish, i mean celtic could find it hard in a one off against , lets say clyde, does'nt mean clyde are gonna win anything does it..

Lets change the topic.

Does anyone think SHITY CITY will stay in the greatest football league in the world in the 2007 - 2008 season.

Me thinks not.

@ pzblues, your a city supporter and you think city are better than the current celtic team. dream on mate. put celtic and rangers in a league with your bottom 10 teams and they would still finish 1st and 2nd.

If it were to happen though, I think this would pave the way for the beginning of this G14 breakaway league that Europes big clubs are trying to form.

I'm not sure if celtic or Rangers are part of G14, but the knock on effect througout football would be very interesting.

This will never happen why would two English clubs give up millions of pounds to let us two in, What we should be looking at is making own League better and the first thing we need to do is ask do we really need 4 League's we have the one league of pish and another three of pure pish which gives you two big fish in a very small pond.........

If the two did ever get in the premiership think after a few years both would be up challenging for the league.As they will have lots more cash to spend on buying players and there wages and more players would want to go to them as they are in a better league.

Back