Celtic and Rangers In The Premiership?

lol Scotlands national team? Worry about your own before worrying about other peoples m8.

Seriously your heads in the clouds. Its got nothing to do with home grown talent playing for Rangers or Celtic. If we had the money you get in the EPL we could buy good foreigners. You know the way the big team in England do? Like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal?? OR are they solely made up of English talent?

Ronaldo, Saha, Heinze, Van der sar, Reina, Riise, Agger, Alonso, ............................................the whole Chelsea team, the whole Arsenal team!

You made the statement about home grown talent mate not me, and i'm talking about international qualification records, englands national team has indeed suffered because of the amount of foreign players now in the premiership as has scotlands even more so because of celtic and rangers foreign players and the fact that there are hardly any scotts playing in top teams, but lets take the last point, i'll refrase, would the two glasgow teams(as they are now) mount any sort of challenge in englands premiership? i would say not!

The main reason Rangers and Celtic dont have the money of Man Utd etc is because of your television rights. The team who gets relegated from the EPL finishing bottom gets more money than the winner of the SPL. Basically your team can be a complete failure and still get more money than out winner.

Yeah Charlie you are correct dont get me wrong im not saying England arent a better football team than Scotland or the EPL isnt better than the SPL as it clearly is.

What im saying is because our league is so poor no TV company want to put money into our league and hence our teams. With little money (compared to the teams in the EPL) you cannot attract any decent level of player (unless they are extremely young, unknown or past their best). Rangers and Celtic lose players to the English Championship mid table teams coz they can pay more even tho both of the old firm are bigger clubs than almost all clubs in England.

We dont produce as much talent as we used to but that may be changing with Rangers having already set up one of the best youth academies in Britain and Celtic already builidng their own too.

But home grown talent is beside the point kind of. The big teams in England are full of foreigners so home grown talent wouldnt be a problem except they probably wouldnt be good enough to get in the team.

You made the statement about home grown talent mate not me, and i'm talking about international qualification records, englands national team has indeed suffered because of the amount of foreign players now in the premiership as has scotlands even more so because of celtic and rangers foreign players and the fact that there are hardly any scotts playing in top teams, but lets take the last point, i'll refrase, would the two glasgow teams(as they are now) mount any sort of challenge in englands premiership? i would say not!

I didnt mention home grown talent it was the_caped_crusader who did and he was talking about a completely different point (state of SPL if Old Firm werent in it).

At the moment Rangers and Celtic would fail in the EPL without a doubt. They are not good enough just now i would agree with that.

Home grown talent?? have you watched scotlands national team lately? and how many scots do you find playing in the best teams in europe? Englands premiership, wether you like it or not is considered throughout europe to be the best. Both rangers and celtic get an easy passage to europe every year but never get any where near, my opinion has'nt changed, bottom six for both..

There isn't any because whatever money the teams have is spent on bringing in second rate foreign players. Reliance on cheap foreign players have killed the scottish game. Without this money teams would have to bring through and nurture home-grown talent which was my point! It not considered throughout europe to be the best, its considered throughout england to be the best!
Easy passage my arse. They qualified from a group with man utd and porto in it and where put out by the finalists. Your trying to tell me the likes of man city, fulham, aston villa etc who can barely score a goal would match that!
If Celtic or Rangers where given half the money teams like man city, everton and aston villa were given, the old firm would consistently walk over these teams! These teams spend £6-7 million on a forward! The old firm combined are lucky to spend this amount!

Ok, i take your point, given the resources and a couple of seasons to aclimatise celtic and rangers could be serios contenders in the EPL but it aint garunteed, i mean there are quite a few teams that have had the money and failed. The EPL is probably not the most attractive to watch but i would say it is the toughest league in europe, west ham did some spending this season and only just survived, you remember what happened at leeds, newcastle spent and failed and liverpool have been trying to challenge for the title for years without success, i would like to see the two glasgow teams down here, fantastic support and new away destination for us...

As they are now, not a chance! But wouldn't be scrapping for relegation either IMO

Ok, i take your point, given the resources and a couple of seasons to aclimatise celtic and rangers could be serios contenders in the EPL but it aint garunteed, i mean there are quite a few teams that have had the money and failed. The EPL is probably not the most attractive to watch but i would say it is the toughest league in europe, west ham did some spending this season and only just survived, you remember what happened at leeds, newcastle spent and failed and liverpool have been trying to challenge for the title for years without success, i would like to see the two glasgow teams down here, fantastic support and new away destination for us...

Would love to see it to m8. Would give us something to look forward to every weekend!

ask alex ferguson that question....he knows how big the 2 clubs are....no way he'd vote for them 2 get in because he knows the pulling power of both...and so do the rest of the english premiership.

Rangers and Celtic are huge and have a massive fan base but so
have newcastle 50 thou every week support means crap if you dont have the tools many teams in the prem have good support like cel and ran
but support doesnt win you metal its managers and team selection and a good blend of players basically I think you over estimate your teams there only in europe because theres no one to beat in your leauge scotts 2 team monty spurs liv ars man city new black b most of are mid teams would over whelm u in a season you need conflakes m8

There isn't any because whatever money the teams have is spent on bringing in second rate foreign players. Reliance on cheap foreign players have killed the scottish game. Without this money teams would have to bring through and nurture home-grown talent which was my point! It not considered throughout europe to be the best, its considered throughout england to be the best!
Easy passage my arse. They qualified from a group with man utd and porto in it and where put out by the finalists. Your trying to tell me the likes of man city, fulham, aston villa etc who can barely score a goal would match that!
If Celtic or Rangers where given half the money teams like man city, everton and aston villa were given, the old firm would consistently walk over these teams! These teams spend £6-7 million on a forward! The old firm combined are lucky to spend this amount!

Lol, i'm talking about the easy passage of getting there in the first place, every season rangers and celtic are more or less garunteed a place in europe be it champions league or eufa cup, they have not really had much of a challenge to get there and so are not up to it when they do, the last european trophy to go to scotland was?? England however had 3 teams in the champions league semi finals, that is usually a measure of a good league.

have newcastle 50 thou every week support means crap if you dont have the tools many teams in the prem have good support like cel and ran
but support doesnt win you metal its managers and team selection and a good blend of players basically I think you over estimate your teams there only in europe because theres no one to beat in your leauge scotts 2 team monty spurs liv ars man city new black b most of are mid teams would over whelm u in a season you need conflakes m8

lol Newcastle, Aston villa Everton all the teams you mention dont have a quarter of the fan base Rangers and Celtic have m8. Fan base doesnt mean how many people can fit in your stadium it means your worldwide fanbase. And lets not go over the same point again and again. It all comes down to money. If you cant see that then your stupid. Give all the EPL teams the same money as the Old Firm and i guarantee they would struggle like youve never seen them struggle.

yip..like money doesn't buy success...when did chelsea last win the league before the roman turned up????

Lol, i'm talking about the easy passage of getting there in the first place, every season rangers and celtic are more or less garunteed a place in europe be it champions league or eufa cup, they have not really had much of a challenge to get there and so are not up to it when they do, the last european trophy to go to scotland was?? England however had 3 teams in the champions league semi finals, that is usually a measure of a good league.

How the feck can we compete against team that are able to pay wages of £120 000 a week and transfer fees of £30 million upwards? Of course we cant compete. The very fact that last year Rangers made the last 16 and this year Celtic made the last 16 is a fucking achievement compared to the money your teams spend. And WTF do your teams do in the Uefa cup each year? Forget the Champions League we know your top teams are very very good. WTF about the rest? Where are they in Europe? Thats right fucking nowhere! WHY? COZ they are SHITE!

I'm not doubting that its good league. But with celtic and rangers in the premiership, with the same revenue other teams have, they'd be much closer to pushing for a European place than most of the pish in the premiership

lol Newcastle, Aston villa Everton all the teams you mention dont have a quarter of the fan base Rangers and Celtic have m8. Fan base doesnt mean how many people can fit in your stadium it means your worldwide fanbase. And lets not go over the same point again and again. It all comes down to money. If you cant see that then your stupid. Give all the EPL teams the same money as the Old Firm and i guarantee they would struggle like youve never seen them struggle.

I think you may be over estimating your support mate, celtic and rangers have a large fan base yes, but no bigger than newcastle, man city, liverpool, arsenal and not in the same stratosphere as man united, and as i've mentioned, there have been a lot of teams spending money, it dont garuntee success.

Nobody said support wins you medals! Managers and team selection do as you say win medals, but how do you get this without money to spend? Newcastle have the millions, but they have few top quality players to show for it which is why they're struggling. I know you over-rate these teams because despite there millions, they consistently fail to achieve anything!

How the feck can we compete against team that are able to pay wages of £120 000 a week and transfer fees of £30 million upwards? Of course we cant compete. The very fact that last year Rangers made the last 16 and this year Celtic made the last 16 is a fucking achievement compared to the money your teams spend. And WTF do your teams do in the Uefa cup each year? Forget the Champions League we know your top teams are very very good. WTF about the rest? Where are they in Europe? Thats right fucking nowhere! WHY? COZ they are SHITE!

Sorry to dissapoint mate but no premiership team is really arsed about the uefa cup, we put second string sides out, the premiership is first and foremost.. we leave the snide euro cup to you lot to try and win,,,lol

I think you may be over estimating your support mate, celtic and rangers have a large fan base yes, but no bigger than newcastle, man city, liverpool, arsenal and not in the same stratosphere as man united, and as i've mentioned, there have been a lot of teams spending money, it dont garuntee success.

Do you live in your own wee world m8? Do you have any idea about worldwide fanbase? Dont even mention Newcastle or Man City in the same sentence as Rangers and Celtic when it comes to Worldwide fanbase. Yes money doesnt guarantee success but look at it think way. Where would your teams be with the money of Rangers and Celtic? Nowhere.

Sorry to dissapoint mate but no premiership team is really arsed about the uefa cup, we put second string sides out, the premiership is first and foremost..

lol now your just lying! LEt me get this right? Newcastle, Blackburn, Tottenham all put out 2nd string teams? Well i watched all the Uefa cup games and i know they don't. Why even say shite like that. Just makes you look stupid.

Quote do you live in your own wee world m8? Do you have any idea about worldwide fanbase? Dont even mention Newcastle or Man City in the same sentence as Rangers and Celtic when it comes to Worldwide fanbase. Yes money doesnt guarantee success but look at it think way. Where would your teams be with the money of Rangers and Celtic? Nowhere.

Yes, and you are grossly over estimating yours, celtic and rangers aint in the same league as man united, liverpool etc and if they were, what difference would it make, the fanbase aint winning you anything...

Back