cccam

jango_nick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I setup 2 dm's a month or so ago with gemini andd ccam.
I have installed gemini using dreamup and have dcc on my laptop, there are no cams showing up in add ons. What is the procedure to add ccam as i have totally forgot how i did it first time around.
Thanks.

thanks digidude,
i went into blue panel then addons and there is nothing that says cams on my screen, it says gemini server, my server, setup etc.
i have not installed ccam onto the dreambox yet it is still only on my laptop.
where am i downloading it to on the dreambox
Thanks in advance.

click gemini server and itll connect to the gemini server via your internet connection and download a catalogue list, from there then you should be able to pick cams then cccam m8

click gemini server and itll connect to the gemini server via your internet connection and download a catalogue list, from there then you should be able to pick cams then cccam m8

When I try that it comes up with an error message about cant resolve host name with a long url it is trying to connect to. Cant find anywhere in the set up where I could put in a different url, if I knew what the correct one was that is.

The gemini server is online, it's your box that isn't.

Either your box isn't connected to the net.
or you haven't set it up in communication setup.
Menu/6(setup)/communication setup

Or

You are using an old version of gemini (current version 4.2) and the links are out of date.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply,
I did actually install gemini 4.1 as i thought this was the newest version so think this was probably the problem as comm setup correct etc.
I ended up installing nabilo image which i had the cams in the dreambox but could'nt actually get the dm to look at ccam kept on coming up with start common interface.
The dcc can see ccam but wont run on the box.
My dreambox then froze so i unplugged it and all i get now is the flashing nabilo image and cant access the dm, the green light flashes when you use the remote but does'nt do anything.
Someone said it would be easier to copy the files from my other dreambox to this one as that is fully working.
Is this right?
Thanks.

Probably easy just to flash again with gemini 4.2 and install cccam again and copy cccam.cfg from working box to new box.

BE WARNED THOUGH:
Depending on what you are sharing (ie servers etc) you don't want two boxes connecting to the same server (if you are the client) depending on the share value/allowed connections of that server.

I would go server > box 1 > box 2

if you have the card in box 1 and you want to share it with box 2, then you need to setup box1 as the server and box2 as client.

Really does depend on your setup though.....

Just to confirm, gemini server and links are still working fine with gemini_4.1 image. If you were unable to connect then the problem is with your network/settings and not the image. I agree with Equalizer to stick with gemini :) either 4.2 or 4.1 on, then get your network working so the box has net access, then you can download any cams or other upgrades.

I find that you sometimes get that error when connecting to servers, check settings as previously said, if your box is connected to a router and you can telnet/ftp ok then reboot the box and it usually connects second time round.

Had this problem with gemini when my network settings where correct, go to Setup/network/nameserver and enter an ip address of your router/default gateway and cured it for me (read it in some german forum!)

Thanks for the input guys!!!.

I have checked both boxes that we have and the one that is currently operating correctly, when I changd the nameserver IP addy to the router IP, immeadiatley I was able to connect to the gemini server. The other box, I amended the network settings to replicate the other box (obviously it has it own IP number) but it still wont connect to Gemini.
I did a test ping from my laptop here, and that seemed succesful though I am not sure if thats a false reading as they are on the network. The IP of the second box is 192.168.1.42 Would one of you see if you can ping it please ? Also, in the communications panel, I enabled the "Online Test" and that reports Online.
Any suggestions or should I just try to flash erase and install Gemini all over aging ?

192.168.1.42 is your internal IP of the box m8, nobody outside of your router can ping that address unless you have port forwarding rules setup on the router

if the boxes are clients, make sure the DHCP box is ticked in the communication setup page, press green to save then restart the dreambox, the router shopuld then issue all of the needed info for the box to connect straight to the net

192.168.1.42 is your internal IP of the box m8, nobody outside of your router can ping that address unless you have port forwarding rules setup on the router

if the boxes are clients, make sure the DHCP box is ticked in the communication setup page, press green to save then restart the dreambox, the router shopuld then issue all of the needed info for the box to connect straight to the net

Still no joy unfortunately, I just can't seem to get to grips as to why, I have tried all the suggestions, even reflashed the box, I just cant get the right network config for the box to see the net.

When you say "if the boxes are clients", what does that mean.

At the moment I am trying to set up 3 DBs on one router, Is the one box that is working correctly, which does not have the DHCP checkbox ticked, but it is working so I am loathed to touch it, is that blocking the others from connecting to the net? As I say I am scared to disrupt the one that is working as I need it to show footy this evening.

are you using cross over cables or straight cables between the 2 boxes that wont work and the router m8?

they have to be straight cables

if you know the IP of each dreambox you can check them on your network by pinging them (i think you said this was ok earlier though)

if you have one box that connects fine, then its deffo the settings on the other 2 boxes

make everything the same except for the top IP, make them one higher than the box that works (eg 192.168.1.24 then 25 and 26) on the other boxes also change the network port 80 to 81 on one and 82 on another, just to make sure nothing is conflicting

if one can access the net then they all should once the menus are set right, at one point i had 7 running at once here with no problems after the initial IP placing for them all

Finally I got the cams installed by only having one box connected to router at any one time, then, in turn, each box could connect to Gemini.
Subsequently I have also follwed your advice about assigning individual port numbers for each box. Two of them can still connect to Gemini, the third remains a mystery lol

Can you port forward in your router if so enable tcp/udp on that port and each ip of each box this can normally cure some connection problems related to tcp packets

Back