CCcam problems

Dunnock

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post and hope one of theexperts on here can help me in my quest.
I originally had a Skybox and installed some connectiondetails in the newcamd.list and itworked fine for (28.2E). I decided to step up and get another box to give me abit more scope in the customising department so I purchased a VU+ Solo2, andloaded the latest BlackHole image. I’vebeen loading some plugin cams and configuring the CCcam.cfg file (in the /etcfolder) with the details in the following format…

N: WebSite PortNum UserName PassWord 01 02 03 04 05 06 0708 09 10 11 12 13 14
I’ve also tried a C: Line in the same file

The cams (IPK files) I have tried are…
enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9687_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all
enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9480_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all
enigma2-plugin-cams-pcsc-sbox005-4.2-mgcamd-1.38_blackhole_all
enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9533_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all
enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9514_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all

The above all loaded fine and have tried switchingbetween them in the usual way (blue button then selected each one in turn).
The connection the internet works fine so can rule thisout.

Ive been trying for days now and just can’t get it towork so I feel Ive purchased an expensive free box if I can’t get it to work. AlthoughI have latest BlackHole image loaded at the moment I have also tried the latestVIX image which I really prefer but just sticking to the Blackhole image to tryand get things working.

Please understand I’m not after any connection detailshere as I don’t want to break any forum rules but just want some insight and amethod to get things configured and working for educational reasons of course :)

Thanks for all comments in advance.

Just ignore this post please,,, I managed to get it,, Thanks anyway

Just try installing CCcam on its own,should work but I think there is a specific version for black hole images,should be on here somewhere :)

Just try installing CCcam on its own,should work but I think there is a specific version for black hole images,should be on here somewhere :)

Thanks for replying,,, all I did is edit the newcamd.list file (in the /usr/keys directory) with the following...

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = WebSite PortNumber UserName PassWord 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan newcs

You still need a cam loaded, I'm using the enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9533_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all but there is a few that I listed work.

Thanks for replying,,, all I did is edit the newcamd.list file (in the /usr/keys directory) with the following...

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = WebSite PortNumber UserName PassWord 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan newcs

You still need a cam loaded, I'm using the enigma2-plugin-cam-oscam-v9533_mgcamd-v1.3.8c_bh_all but there is a few that I listed work.

Glad you got it working :)

But my post was to inform you that you only need to be running one cam i.e. CCcam or even mgcamd,

whereas you are using two cams,oscam and mgcamd,which to the new user can complicate things,but if its working leave it alone ;)

Oh I didn't realise I was running two cams, I'm still pretty new at this and have a lot to learn, its nice to get a few tips off the experienced guys,, thanks again

What lines should be in cccam? Looking to get latest vix solo2 clone image uploaded today, have you got a step by step guide for cccam loadin?

Thanks

What lines should be in cccam? Looking to get latest vix solo2 clone image uploaded today, have you got a step by step guide for cccam loadin?

Thanks

CCCam.cfg entry sould be....
N: WebSite PortNumber UserName Password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

copy to the tmp folder (using FileZilla or some other ftp client) ...
enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk

copy cccam.cfg to the etc folder
Go to setup\vix\install local extension and load *.ipk file
Go to Softcam Manager and start CCcam also enable at startup

Last edited:
Just use mgcamd1.38 or cccam2.3.0 for a blackhole image on a vu reciver...they work perfectly as a Client..been using them for years never had any issues.

Sorry guys, not trying t hijack this thread, but I've an issue with CCcam at the moment.
Ive got a motorized sat & when I move it to Canal + the CCcam stops and wont restart no matter how many times I try.
No issues on any other sat, and its bugging me.
Anyone got an idea how to resolve this please.

Rgds,
Suttsy

Does it only do it on that one sat? Is it set to use a different can/protocol for that sat by any chance?

Lol.

Does the rest of that satellite work OK?
What sat is it?

What is "CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300" ?
I was advised to use that once but not sure what it does

Back