cccam+newcs with white card.

@cheekymonkey

i dont think you have installed the latest ur image.
did you say the only other image was form 2009?
there have been two releases this year.
the most recent one, you have to install via the blue button on your tm.

the cccam issue has definately been fixed with the latest release that you download via blue button.
Regards,
CrazyFool

no mate, they are definately latest, just checked both.

16-03-10

one was updated by blue panel and the other i downloaded the same image from here in the downloads section.

Like i say, fairly new to this, ive posted exactly what i have done to the boxs, if anyone has a different method for setting them up, chuck a quick list of actions and i`ll follow them.

just to re-iterate.

ive tried

2.1.4 + newcs 1.67

only liams method is stable.

what i meant was, the only other older image o cpuld see on the downloads was from 2009 (this site) , when i originally updated the first box (which is my server box) it was from the blue panel, and just chose the latest, as that only listed two upgrades, one from 2009 and the one i am on now (16-03-10)

chars

i tried the new image too. 16.3.10 didnt work for me in cccam 2.1.4 or 2.1.3. so installed cccam newcs. this made a big improvement but kept dropping ecm's every so often.
I installed the Nabilosat darkstar 2 image and used cccam+newcs and put liams config in there. Using (funshare cccam control 2) i have received 9231 ecm's 100% not dropped one. thats only to 2 clients around the house. plus the server.

well, i`m fairly new to the sat scene, so i`ll tell you what ive done.

brand new tm500
flashed with the latest UR image (the 2010 one, cant remember exact date, but only other one was 2009)
calc`ed me box key and placed it in cccam.cfg and newcs.xml (have tried standalone and newcs)
inserted my white sky card in. even this box was freezing.
placed f line for my client (local in my house) and c line in other tm500 box, flashed and setup exactly same minus box key.

nothing but freezing, granted it went better at times, but from unwatchable to highly annoying.

using liams method, both boxs are stable and have been so far, just watched an hour of films on one, and changed channel a few times without freeze.

not sure why this has fixed it, maybe liam can elaborate? is it to do with tidying up the configs or special settings?

again a bit new to this.....

cheers

Well I'm glad that its working for you, although I do have to say some of the thanks needs to go to Digidude, because without his NewCs config I wouldn't have done it as quickly as I did. I think its just down to the NewCs config being kept simple and the ECM and EMM cache levels that make this work properly. Thanks again guys for letting me know it's all up and running.

Regards

Liam

i agree with liam... the newcs config is the key to success... still dont think the UR image is sorted properly... i tried all different ways around it... even tried clocking the card without any luck... thanks for the info liam... Cheeky monkey do a search on google for funshare cccam config 2... it monitors your clients ecm's and lets you know what is connected etc... done loads of reading lately (different forums) trying to sort the problem out and all the time the answer was here... woohoo Thanks to all....

well thats a load of fookin bollocks then.
was really looking forward to using my tm600 as a cccam server.
now i'm so fookin dissapointed lol.

oh well looks like i'll be getting the dm500 clone now.

dont panic crazy fool .... it is still possible to set up a server with your tm600. it just has to be done with cccam+newcs. I've been at it for 3 weeks trying to sort mine. Its done now. Got the info from the right place. It is quite easy to set up when you get to grips with things. try the nabilosat image ported for the tm... i never tried cccam on that.

did you just call me a crazy fool? :p

i'm not panicking mate. and i know newcs works with cccam.
what newcs wont do is update your card, unless of course you use an mgcamd client and its just more hassle then i would like.
i would rather just plug in a dm500 clone as a server and be done with it as i know that will power cccam just fine.

if i dont like the dm500 clone i will just use tm600 as server and switch to the dm500 before entitlements run out so it can update the card.

adding more insult to the nabilosat injury. it wont support cccam on a tm either.

It was just a thought. I'm new to all this satellite stuff. It does give you headache when things dont run right.

After reading that post i think iwill go back to the UR image before things go wrong.

Last edited:
Back