CCcam will not read my Sky SD card?

RottyDave

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,i have been helped to set up my Vu+ solo2 receiver and installed CCcam with cfg config file.
I can view certain channels such as Sky sports news,Atlantic and others but still cannot view my Sports and Movies.
Have been reading about sky using a new pairing method for newer boxes but this is my sd card from a 6yr old plus pace box which was used in Spain 2 weeks ago.
I used it in my Iberosat receiver and it reads all my channels fine.I also have a HD card which i hoped to pair up but this from the latest 2TB box.

Can anyone help and advise me if you have the Vu+Solo 2 and can receive your paid for channels?

Many Thyanks:Wave::grayno:

you need to put the box key into cccam. Read down the config file and there is a bit to put your box key in.

you need to put the box key into cccam. Read down the config file and there is a bit to put your box key in.

Have created a file called CCcam.cfg in notepad
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000​
and ftp it to my vu box-the file has the following info in it(the * being my box key hexadecimal equivalent)

Have created a file called CCcam.cfg in notepad
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000​
and ftp it to my vu box-the file has the following info in it(the * being my box key hexadecimal equivalent)

Don't use notepad,use notepad ++ as this will format the cfg in the correct format for the box

Sorry,meant to say notepad++,changed file to all files and transfered to vu box but still no joy.I have set CCcam 2.3 to autostart and that runs fine.

Does the vu have 2 card slots? (im not sure) if so try the other one
also try a older version of cccam like 2.1.3 plus reboot after setting it all up.

Yes,does have the two slots,will try it but was told the "sci0" bit of the boxkey on the cfg file relates to the top slot but shall still try anyhow,thanks

Yes,does have the two slots,will try it but was told the "sci0" bit of the boxkey on the cfg file relates to the top slot but shall still try anyhow,thanks

read on another thread about sky update to the card could cause problems with HD and SD versions of channels like your movies and sports

As the poster above said sly are pairing the cards not to the receivers and stopping you using 3rd party box's has the card been in a legit box in the last few days or so?

Have sorted now,Thanks everyone for your advice.Tried the card in bottom slot and hey presto all movie and sports now.
Have just paired my HD card which is only 4 months old and out of my main 2 tb box so long may it continue.
Anyone using the format below for your cfg file with CCcam should try in both slots.(not just the top one)
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

read on another thread about sky update to the card could cause problems with HD and SD versions of channels like your movies and sports

Just wondering where you read this please as I'm hoping to get some help. Updated card today and lost most channels.

As the poster above said sly are pairing the cards not to the receivers and stopping you using 3rd party box's has the card been in a legit box in the last few days or so?

Can you shed any light please on why the channels would disappear when I updated the card earlier?

Back