cccam+newcs with white card.

davido

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly Hi to everyone. Im having a problem with the white card in a tm500.
I initially tried cccam 2.1.4. Inserted the boxkey into the cfg file and reset.
The card would read for a while then when it reached 10/20 ecms the counter would reset and cause freezing. I changed to cccam+newcs. now it is much better but ecms keep dropping after about 200 ecms and freezing the picture. im only sharing to 2 other boxes around the home and they are breaking up too.
I can post config files if needed.
Any help appreciated.

-->

<newCSconfig>

<readers name="Card Readers">
<device>
<name>lower</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<export>yes</export>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<blocksa>yes</blocksa>
<blockua>no</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<boxkey>********</boxkey>
<mhz>357</mhz>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

</device>

<device>
<name>upper</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci1</node>
<export>yes</export>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<blocksa>yes</blocksa>
<blockua>no</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<boxkey>****</boxkey>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10000</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

</device>
</readers>

<radegastserver>
<enabled>no</enabled>
</radegastserver>
<cache>
<emm>10</emm>
<ecm>10</ecm>
</cache>

<newcamdserver>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<name>cardserver</name>
<deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14</deskey>
<userfile>/tmp/users.txt</userfile>
<user>
<spider>off</spider>
<rate>1</rate>
<sidoverride>off</sidoverride>
<status>access</status>
<name>newcs</name>
<password>newcs</password>
<au>on</au>
<allow>lower</allow>
<allow>upper</allow>
</user>

</newcamdserver>

CCcam config..........

N: 127.0.0.1 10001 newcs newcs 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 1 4
N: 127.0.0.1 10000 newcs newcs 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 1 4

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
WEBINFO USERNAME :
WEBINFO PASSWORD :
TELNETINFO USERNAME :
TELNETINFO PASSWORD :
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
ZAP OSD TIME : 0
OSD USERNAME :
OSD PASSWORD :
OSD PORT : 80
SHOW TIMING : yes
DEBUG : no
NEWCAMD CONF : yes
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : no
MINI OSD : yes
SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
EMM THREADS : 1
MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1
LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt

These are my configs. Boxkeys edited for obvious reasons. I have also tried clocking the card to 550 mhz but that made no difference.

Last edited:
are you using the latest Ur image "16/3/10", there was issues with cccam with all older UR images, thought it had been fixed on latest image.

No Im using the 11/10/09 UR Image. I will try the new one to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for quick reply.

OK done the update through expert setup. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Still having the ecm problem. probably worse than ever now. Is there any other way to sort this to get the card stable.

ok, well im in the exact same boat as you, have a sly card in a tm 500, and a spare tm 500 in other bedroom, and they are both breaking up, have tried on cccam 2.1.04 and 2.1.04 + new cs 1.67

box key inserted in both configs (of server box) and i get freezing on both boxs. I am also on latest UR image.

Have a look at my post located here, which solves the problem you are having.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, have seen your post before, but didnt relaise it was related, anyway, followed it to the letter and box is up and unning, will post back shortly.

thanks for the help

OK well it seems to have stabilized using your method, havent had one freeze so far, time will tell, but before using your method it was freezing every 30 seconds or so, where as now, i`m not getting one, not even on channel change.

so far so good, many thanks

EDIT :

Yes definate 100% improvement, all freezing gone, very slight on channel change, but i think thats to be expected, i`ll post back tomorrow now, on how sharings going with it.

cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for that buddy. Not tried it yet though. have gone a different route. I installed the (Nabilosat darkstar 2 image) designed for the dreambox. which has been ported for the tm500. installed cccam 2.1.2+newcs from the panel and installed boxkey, now all seems to be working. as the cheekymonkey says. So far so good.

I though CCAM issues were supposed to be fixed on the latest UR image, so you can run CCAM 2.1.4 standalone without needing NewCS anymore ?

Is there still issues with glitching even on the new UR team image CCAM 2.1.4 standalone ?

Yes please, can someone either confirm for sure that the cccam glitch has been fixed in the latest release or that for sure it hasn't....

cheers..

well, i`m fairly new to the sat scene, so i`ll tell you what ive done.

brand new tm500
flashed with the latest UR image (the 2010 one, cant remember exact date, but only other one was 2009)
calc`ed me box key and placed it in cccam.cfg and newcs.xml (have tried standalone and newcs)
inserted my white sky card in. even this box was freezing.
placed f line for my client (local in my house) and c line in other tm500 box, flashed and setup exactly same minus box key.

nothing but freezing, granted it went better at times, but from unwatchable to highly annoying.

using liams method, both boxs are stable and have been so far, just watched an hour of films on one, and changed channel a few times without freeze.

not sure why this has fixed it, maybe liam can elaborate? is it to do with tidying up the configs or special settings?

again a bit new to this.....

cheers

well, i`m fairly new to the sat scene, so i`ll tell you what ive done.

brand new tm500
flashed with the latest UR image (the 2010 one, cant remember exact date, but only other one was 2009)
calc`ed me box key and placed it in cccam.cfg and newcs.xml (have tried standalone and newcs)
inserted my white sky card in. even this box was freezing.
placed f line for my client (local in my house) and c line in other tm500 box, flashed and setup exactly same minus box key.

nothing but freezing, granted it went better at times, but from unwatchable to highly annoying.

using liams method, both boxs are stable and have been so far, just watched an hour of films on one, and changed channel a few times without freeze.

not sure why this has fixed it, maybe liam can elaborate? is it to do with tidying up the configs or special settings?

again a bit new to this.....

cheers

The URTEAM image 16/3/2010 apparently has CCAM issues resolved, try that one with CCAM 2.1.4 standalone, and see if you still get glitching issues.

have tried it, and thats the image i have (revising for my ccna so havent had time to look) , but yeah, thats the image i`m using, and last night i tried ccam 2.1.3 > 2.1.4 and ccam 2.1.4 + newcs1.67 all with freezing, some worse than others, but all freezing at least 1 every 60 seconds or so.

only using liams method has this become useable.

if you require anything let me know, i`ll post it asap.

cheers

p.s. up to now, no glitchs or freezing with liams method.

have tried it, and thats the image i have (revising for my ccna so havent had time to look) , but yeah, thats the image i`m using, and last night i tried ccam 2.1.3 > 2.1.4 and ccam 2.1.4 + newcs1.67 all with freezing, some worse than others, but all freezing at least 1 every 60 seconds or so.

only using liams method has this become useable.

if you require anything let me know, i`ll post it asap.

cheers

p.s. up to now, no glitchs or freezing with liams method.

Intresting...cheers for the info..so it appears that CCCAM issues have not been resolved then in the latest UR Team image.

CCNA, good luck with that mate make sure you get loads of SIM practise with packet tracer or GNS3 (uses real IOS images). Passed my CCNA last year.

Back