cccam mgcamd switching

jb000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, wonder if anyone out there can help me.

I have a VU+ Duo and use MgCamd for Sly Uk and switch to CCCam for all others. I was using CCCam for SlyUK and found it was glitching, changing over to MGCamd has eradicated this problem.

My question is this, I am using one server and have the same line in both ccam.cfg and newcamd.list, will the server penalise me switching between cams on the same line. This is providing me with glitch free viewing whereas under CCCam on Sly the glitching was very annoying.

I have trawled the net to find a similar solution to my problem but can't find one.

Any advice is appreciated

many thanks

jb000

is this line a Multisat one or $ly only and also did you just put the C: line into MGcamd or did you ask specifically for an N: line also

is this line a Multisat one or $ly only and also did you just put the C: line into MGcamd or did you ask specifically for an N: line also

Hi there, thanks for reply

Yes line is a multisat one. I put the line in cccam.cfg initially to run off cccam, however, noticing glitching on $ly, I put the same line under CWS = in newcamd.list to run Mgcamd.

My problem is that I am not deceiving the server as I only watch one programme at a time, but I switch cams to get the best performance. I am just wondering if this is allowed as I do not want to be booted off the server.

line can only be used once and not shared so as its on same ip so no probs with server.

Oh that's brilliant, thanks very much.

I was just worried that I could have got into trouble with server for copying line into another cam on box, but as you say this is OK and nothing to worry about.

Once again, many thanks.

i have a standard fixed sky dish here in the uk...i use both cccam and mgcamd 1.38 with my server provider, i have a N line,i switch over when i feel like it, its also better to use what your server provider is using, in my case the server is using newcamd (mgcamd) so i use mgcamd as well, i get the odd glitch now and then but thats expexted i suppose...shoudnt be a problem as long as your not using your line on two different recievers..

Last edited:
i have a standard fixed sky dish here in the uk...i use both cccam and mgcamd 1.38 with my server provider, i switch over when i feel like it, its also better to use what your server provider is using, in my case the server is using newcamd (mgcamd) so i use mgcamd as well, i get the odd glitch now and then but thats expexted i suppose...shoudnt be a problem as long as your not using your line on two different recievers..

Hi there, thanks for reply

I am a bit of a newbie and still learning at the moment. Line is only on the one box but on two cams running on the box. MgCamd works great on $lyUK and CCCam on the others. I will be auto switching cams as per manic01's advice soon as I get home.

Once again, many thanks to all.

Back