Cardsharing on technomate 6900 6800 super with SSSP and 8281

Just a follow up on my earlier post I have just installed the latest TM & Magic 17-12-2008 and 18-12-2008 patches and I can confirm the N** issue is still there the picture stalling/pixellating every 10 seconds or so, still no fix for the favourites issue either
Dose any one know what issues have been addressed with the latest patches?

Disappointed
EXIT198

hello,
i have testing and after 15 seconds message connection broken.
Somebody have a idea!! I did the test a few times but always the same

meaning you are through. all you need is a stable server which is such a difficult commodity to come by. not getting any myself.

many thaks to all who worked on this ..... it makes the super super

Have just recently got 6900 super. Found latest patch connected ethernet cable from router to 6900 but do not get into server menu when i enter 8281. Would appreciate help iin whats going wrong.

Whilst watching a channel enter 8281 and connected to a server,have i a cam (viaccess or other ) necessary for open the channel.?

Hi

I got a tm6900hd super yesterday and finally got it patched to work with 8281. I don't have a server to try yet so no idea if it works!

If I had a local card to share, is it possible to share it using the 6900 or at the moment can the 6900 only make use of other remote cards without sharing local cards?

If the former, how would I do it? If the latter, does that mean I am better ditching it and getting a dreambox?

Thanks
D

Hi

I got a tm6900hd super yesterday and finally got it patched to work with 8281. I don't have a server to try yet so no idea if it works!

If I had a local card to share, is it possible to share it using the 6900 or at the moment can the 6900 only make use of other remote cards without sharing local cards?

If the former, how would I do it? If the latter, does that mean I am better ditching it and getting a dreambox?

Thanks
D
The tm6900 can only be a 'client' and not able to host the shared card. The techomate has simplicity and price on its side, but if you want extra functions then yes you will need a dreambox or similar.
Hope that helps.

The tm6900 can only be a 'client' and not able to host the shared card. The techomate has simplicity and price on its side, but if you want extra functions then yes you will need a dreambox or similar.
Hope that helps.

thanks, that answers my question. so basically it's very limited form a sharing point of view as i'm not going to find anyone who wants to share with me if i can't share in return! i think it might be going back!

is it remotely likely a new patch will change this?

I'd say its very unlikely to change. Comparing a tm6900 to a dreambox, then yes of course it is limited in many ways its just not designed to be the same, and for the price you cannot expect it to be. :)

The 2 dreambox receivers that offer High Definition are the dm800 at £400 or the dm8000 priced around £900.

Hello everybody!
Have been trying to get my head around the 8281 page on the Technomate 6800 super with no luck.So I have tried to connect to a paid server via sssp &WSP .The server works o.k on my Dreambox so I now Login/pass are correct but with the 6900 WSP shows a connection and data flowing when I change channels,but no channels clearing! I must be very close but cant seem to get any furtherl.
I have tried in the options menu SSSP auto and also user with the caid number (but no provid number)
Any help greatly appreciated!
Martin.

I' ve tried a few Polsat,Nova and Art.
I also tried a couple of free servers(Nova) with the same result.

I have a Netgear supplied by S** as well and my 6800 wont connect by DHCP either,but manually input address works.
Still wont connect to any servers though!
I have a Dreambox 500 that works perfect on C/S through a paid server but would love to dump it for my HD Technomate either through Lan or SSSP.

Finally got it working!!
Had to connect to pay server,but connected straight away!
I have been trying to connect for over a week and it must have been alll the free servers that were at fault!
By the way I didn't need to add or change anything to my router (no port 5000,firewall settings) to get it to work.
The only problem I have now is the server has told me my receiver is using to much bandwith as if I have upto 16 other recivers connected (which i haven't) so I am due to get kicked off if I dont sort it.
Any ideas?

Sent you info by e-mail m8
Regards
Hondamt

Glad you're on the case m8,I thought it was just me that had all the problems!
Keep up the good work
Hondamt

Last edited by a moderator:
i know 101% that nova works fine via the ethernet port and the 8281 menu m8

ive tested that myself on a local network and via the net

Hi all

is my 6900 communicating with my router

in the menu

system settings > IP settings

it shows this

DHCP - ON
AP ADDRESS - 0.0.0.0
SUBNET - 255.0.0.0
GATEWAY- 0.0.0.0
DNS- 0.0.0.0
MAC ADDRESS ............................

Or do I need to assign a IP address? I'm not very good with router configs

I have a netgear DG834GT router, issued by a certain UK satellite provider

if DHCP is on, press the red button, then exit, save if prompted, then press ok again and the fields should be filled in by your router, if not, check DHCP is enabled in your router setup

No its not correct, so likely your router isnt providing an IP. You may have to go into router menu and set manually, or perhaps enable dhcp if it is turned off?
Basically the router settings and your tm6900 settings need to match, which curently they do not since its zeros etc.

edit......... sorry douledee posted same time as me and i type slower :)

No its not correct, so likely your router isnt providing an IP. You may have to go into router menu and set manually, or perhaps enable dhcp if it is turned off?
Basically the router settings and your tm6900 settings need to match, which curently they do not since its zeros etc.

edit......... sorry douledee posted same time as me and i type slower :)

I now have

DHCP OFF
IP ADDRESS- 192.168.000.236
SUBNET MASK-255.255.255.000
GATEWAY- 198.168.000.001
DNS- 198.168.000.001
MAC blah blah blah

I have allowed port 5000 on router and assinged its ip address, is all that looking correct to you guys? I have just been emailed a test server oooooh! Im excited!!!

And its not working!!! haha, clicking yellow connect and nothing, just kinda flashes for a split second and nothing!!

in the 8281 menu I have
NAME- SERVER_1
SYSTEM - N_CAMD
ID - THIS IS THE USERNAME FOR THE SERVER
PASSWORD- PASSWORD FOR SERVER
ADDRESS- I have tried both the url given and the IP by pinging the url in DOS
PORT- what do I put in this box???? 5000 or the number next to the list of packages he has given me?
DES KEY- ALWAYS THE SAME? 01020304..............
CURRENT STATUS - DISCONNECTED!!!

please help!! cheers

Last edited:
Finally got it working!!
Had to connect to pay server,but connected straight away!
I have been trying to connect for over a week and it must have been alll the free servers that were at fault!
By the way I didn't need to add or change anything to my router (no port 5000,firewall settings) to get it to work.
The only problem I have now is the server has told me my receiver is using to much bandwith as if I have upto 16 other recivers connected (which i haven't) so I am due to get kicked off if I dont sort it.
Any ideas?

joe rung me today about this m8 (im assuming its you he was on about and that you know who joe is lol) and discussed a fair bit that cannot be talked about on an open forum. id like a bit more info if possible, could you either PM me some further details like packages that were available, packages that you were using etc, or phone joe and he'll get the info to me

dd

Hi
finally I bought a TM 6900 COMBO Super and I plugged it to my LCD TV.
My old Dreambox is now in a bedroom running newcamd/cardserver6.10b.
The connection between the TM-6900 and the dreambox is working fine, but it take more than 10 seconds to get the picture. And the Zap is very slow :(
Is it a problem from the firmware, or do you think it could come from my Dreambox configuration (I don't think so, because I tested it with an other Dreambox and it worked fine) ?
I tryed with or without DHCP, but same long wait ..
Thanks
Sébastien

Back