Card + TM600 + NEWCS (BOXKEY)

eagleboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, guys can i get some help what is a BOXkey im trying to set my card up with my TM600 Super, i have downloaded CCCAM 2.1.4 + NewCS 1.67 edit NewCS on MINIWEB but i need to put in my boxkey which i dont know? how do i get my boxkey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Whit Card + TM600 + NEWCS (BOXKEY)

by converting the 10 digit serial number from the official receiver the card is paired with, into an 8 byte hexadecimal form, theres loads of posts about it m8 ;)

thanks for your quick reply digidude can you send me a link as i cant find any around please

Open your computer calculator, (in Windows)

1. Click the view menu,
2, Select Scientific,
3. Decimal should already be selected,
4. Enter your decimal Number
5. then Select Hex
& the decimal Number is changed to a Hex number

The box serial number is NOT 11 digits, it is 10 digits (in decimal form) and can be easily displayed
as such in the on screen menu.The sticker on the bottom of the unit adds an extra number presumably
so the barcode is more readable (or just to confuse people trying to use 3rd party boxes ;-)).
If you convert the correct 10 digit decimal number then it will produce the correct 8 digit hex value every
time using a scientific calculator.

from digidudes posts!

great thanks for that i got the 8 digit HEX number, entered on to newcs on miniweb but does not still work anything im doing wrong?

digidudes ya man mate as im still learning and setting mine up too, sure someone will help you though!

you must have 10 digits from the official receiver, either get these from the services menu, or, look at the made up number below, and follow that

under the barcode youll see something like the following

9F034603468225943

now, you only want 10 of these 17 digits, and you only want the correct 10, get a pen, and draw a line in the 2 places shown on the serial number sticker

9F0346 / 0346822594 / 3

the bold numbers are the ones you want, you can use an online number convertor like this one here Hex-Dec Converter

i personally dont trust the online 'boxkey generators' as this serial number is as unique, and traceable, as your viewing card number

so, enter the 10 digits into the DECIMAL box and click DEC - HEX and your boxkey will appear in the top, in this case its 14AC17C2

now, sometimes there will only be 7 (or 6) digits in the hex key, if this is the case, you MUST put a zero (or 2 zeros) at the START of the number, to make it up to 8 digits

enter it into your config file

restart, and view

;)

digidude i have done that but it does not work, on miniweb i editted NEWCS
here is what i have got ill put a * on my boxkey number to keep it closed,

- <newCSconfig>
- <readers name="Card Readers">
- <device>
<name>Card1</name>
<type>sci</type>
<mhz>358</mhz>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<parity>odd</parity>
<autosid>Yes</autosid>
<reset>normal</reset>
<export>Yes</export>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<boxkey>********</boxkey>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<Seca-PPV>no</Seca-PPV>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<pincode>0000</pincode>
<newcamd_port>15001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>
</device>
</readers>
- <cache>
<emm>20</emm>
<ecm>-1</ecm>
</cache>
- <httpd>
- <server>
<port>8080</port>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
</server>
- <user>
<name>User</name>
<password>Pass</password>
<accesslevel>admin</accesslevel>
</user>
</httpd>
- <newcamdserver>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<name>newcs</name>
<deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14</deskey>
- <user>
<name>newcs</name>
<password>csnew</password>
<hostname>localhost</hostname>
<port>0</port>
<au>no</au>
</user>
</newcamdserver>
</newCSconfig>

is there anything i edit other then boxkey? like deskey?

think ya need to put ya boxkey in cccam aswell, but dont hold me to that, ya probably know more than me, lol!

think ya need to put ya boxkey in cccam aswell, but dont hold me to that, ya probably know more than me, lol!
No, but you have to have the N: lines in the cccam.cfg

But, walk first, run later - what does your newcs webif show? Does it recognise the card? Does it generate the ECMs? Any signs of life - newcs webif is quite extensive, you should be able to know clearly what's going on.

fdlsys alot of hard questions there for me :(

how can i check what the newcs webif shows? how can i check if it reconises the card? how can i check if it generate the ECMs ?

install cccam 2.1.4 + newcs 1.67 on box.
download example configs attached

open cccam.cfg and insert your boxkey as directed in this format xx xx xx xx
read notes on fline / cline

ftp this file into /var/etc and overwrite if needed

open newcs.xml and edit the boxkey change it from 00000000 to 12345678 (whatever you box key is in that format)

ftp it into /var/tuxbox/config/ and overwite if needed.

insert card into box the correct way (not sure on a tm600) and reboot, try a few channel as in whatever premium channel you have on box, hopefully job done.

this is now set to serve , on any box you want as a client, just install cccam 2.1.4 and then ftp the cccam.cfg example i gave you but remove the fline totally, and then remove the # from the begining of the cline, and reboot / restart accordingly. clients dont need boxkeys and as such dont need to use newcs for the technomates.

# will disable a command line so if you put this infront of a command in the cccam config it will disable that line from being executed or run by cccam.

i.e.

f: test test = this line is enabled.
#f: test test = it isnt, cccam will ignore it, also useful to put notes on the end of c / f lines, i.e.

"f: test test # This is my test line ; cccam will allow the f line but ignore the note after the #

from there you can change user pass on both c and f line, hopefully job done :proud:

you should then be able to access web gui for cccam from http:whateverboxipis:16001 with user pass = admin nimdaand newcs webgui from http:whateverboxipis:8080 with user pass = admin nimda

Last edited:
fdlsys alot of hard questions there for me :(

how can i check what the newcs webif shows? how can i check if it reconises the card? how can i check if it generate the ECMs ?

Sorry mate, I do not have newcs running anywhere and I don't know by heart, so I can't take you through it step by step. But there is a 1000 how-tos on web.
Webif itself is self explanatory - just open it and look into it!!!

And say "thanks" to CheekyMonkey for breaking this all into easy bite-size chunks for you :) Follow it!

cheekymoneky you say open cccam.cfg and insert your boxkey as directed in this format xx xx xx xx

cccam.cfg is not a file i can open it says windows can not open this file???

cheekymoneky you say open cccam.cfg and insert your boxkey as directed in this format xx xx xx xx

cccam.cfg is not a file i can open it says windows can not open this file???

choose program to open it with pal and u want notepad

Back