Card Status - Mute Err

Jimbo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mean anything to anyone ???????

My Pace box is still not working, only channels 1-4.
I checked the eng menu and it reads under card status - Mute err - cant be right surely ???
Also smartcard version/revision dnaspoo rev0000
CA version not available.

It seems to all have gone belly up !! I have tried both reprogramming my funcard and my Tit2 same result - Channels 1-4 work, (BBC2 is a bit dodgy freezes quite alot - all other channels I get the messege - 'this channel is not part of your package...........' Any ideas anyone ???????

Hi FlapJack

I am Ex C&W, been having problems for the last month or so, since the CC up graded me to FilmFlex

Hi FlapJack

I am Ex C&W, been having problems for the last month or so, since the CC up graded me to FilmFlex
Checked the Net ID, seems fine, the only other thing In the Eng menu is that the SNR estimate reads SNR low

Does the eng menu still show mute err when the card is removed. If so you could be looking at a faulty card reader or a blown capacitor on the board.

I was hoping it was my funcard giving me this problem, looks like i'll have to trawl and find the answer.
I wil do this tommorow as the site will be less busy and i'll have more time.
Takes age's to get anywhere at present.

KR
Flapjack:FRIGHT:

Hello TonMedia11,

Once the card has been removed Mute Err goe's I did notice one thing when I was loading the int.eprom it gave a warning that the size was wrong.. & of course i continued to programme the funcard anyway.

The misses has now taken over me xbox so looks like i'm stuck on the PC.

Thnx for the info.....

KR
Flapjack

try re proggaming your card, had this prob a few times, might not be the card reader

BERTY said:
try re proggaming your card, had this prob a few times, might not be the card reader

Hi berty, i have re programmed the card numerous times and also tried both a funcard and a Tit2 card. same problem

Jimbo said:
Hi berty, i have re programmed the card numerous times and also tried both a funcard and a Tit2 card. same problem

adjust the pins in the reader m8, {edcase was the last person to do a tutorial on this} search "edcase"

I had the same problem. It worked out my card broke yesterday

If you can try and programme the card on another box.

If the card does not work on the second box then it’s not the card reader on your original box. Problem sorted replace the funcard

If the card works. It’s the card Reader on the original box. Read through the tut to get the card reader sorted.

Thanks Pmoore31, but as I said earlier, I get the same problem with both my Tit2 and my Funcard, I have tried reprogramming both cards with no success.

Just a thought, would this error still come up if either the BK or IRD are incorrect ? Its been a while since I had to do anything with this box, would it be worth a quick j-tag to double check ?????

make sure u are using correct bk and ird no. and that u program the card right some peeps have put the files in the wrong way round if there was a problem with the board on the stb when u remove the card it might stay on mute error in eng. menu i had mine go like it but i had no channels as well did u save ur image files before u wrote new 1's check them 1'st

Last edited:
Hi all i am in here with the same prob..i haven't fully checked but i reckon card reader ..thanks for the link i will check edcase
cheers

Am i doing this right??? I use a programme called rst gen to do my flash which uses my bk n ird, i enter them in normal not backwards??? i use as the inteep the latest c&w rst. I use a dynamite prog with durolabs card programmer for fun 4 and that should make a card right or wrong??? still get mute err.

Thanks to edcase small tut on card reader ...I managed to get this fixed. It was indeed theheads in the reader ...I just gently eased them up and they were then able to read the card. Hardest bit was getting the top reader off in the 4001. I was frightened I might lift it from the board ..but gentle persuasion did the trick .Thanks to edcase for the tut and pics.
Cheers

Back