BIS FR, known as BIS or ABSAT HOTBIRD 13E (and globecast Equidia Live)

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Today I was configuring a new prepaid smartcard Bisfr (mostly used for watching equidia Live 13E)
But what a horror to get this smartcard working ....
As it seems, it worked perfectly with a neo viaccess cam but once inserted into a multicrypt reader (dreambox) or TECHNOMATE 5402HD receiver.
it didn't want to decode my fav channel Equidia Live 13e.... AAAAAARG
Now I'm not stupid so i fired up the debug console of cccam 2.3.0 in order to see what was happening.
(no other older version could read the smartcard ...)
My Smartcard BisFr was seen, all right , check , the date was already updated towards 2014...
I went to channel freq 11681H on Hotbird 13 as I noticed on certain forums people said the smartcard would activate easier ...
And Huray ! Fr 4 gave me an image until i zapped to another Bisfr channels on that channel, it just wouldn't decode anymore ...
In the logs it would just stall on the sid and would not give more info ...
After hours of hours of testing and trying and not getting further I fired up latest oscam

For all you there it should be configured like this :
oscam.Server
[reader]
label = BIS
Protocol = internal
detect = cd
device = /dev/sci0
Group = 1
EMMCache = 1,3,15
CAID = 0500
ident = 0500:032920,042820,04283

And behold, oscam liked my smartcard and it started decoding everything it should decode.

Technomate could decode my smartcard after I had inserted it some time in my neo viaccess ci-module.
CCcam 2.3.0 could not decode it... Oscam could ..

WHat is aim of this story ?

I never had any trouble before with these smartcards but it seems that bisfr is maybe making it a bit harder in order to buy their satellite Gear ...
I posted it in here coz I am Technomate enthousiastic and after all TM receiver manages to read this card witouh a fancy intervention ...

Today I had another NEW Bis FR smartcard Hotbird 13E. please mark my words : THE NEW SMARTCARDS BISFR DO NOT INIT and no decode ANYMORE ON a TM5402HD as stated before.
I used the latest original Firmware from Technomate
I used the latest patched Firmware from Download site
I tried to choose provid manually in CAS Menu
The new BISFR cards do not want to init. (well the date 1 yr prepaid went to 12dec 2014 but no image, lol)

The only things that works in the TM5402HD is : SMIT Viaccess Secure minimal 3.0 or alike Ci- module (neo, ...)
It is strange that no one is complaining about this.

bare in mind, I had only 1 hour to test all this so it could be that i overlooked something

the TM5302HD is using emulated oscam for client only connections so maybe it uses it for internal multi-cas reader aswell? look into it m8 or someone could offer concrete info,regards mdt

Back