card problem

M

mrmacca

i got hold of a od card a couple of weeks ago but since i put july's codes in it goes off when i put sky 1 sports 1,2,3 and premiere and movie max , have i put the codes in wrong?
all help much appreciated.
mm

I take it you have a DBMG2 card. If your card has not been ECM'd (screen displays "insert smartcard" even though card is in stb) try entering codes again and make sure you are on a free to air channel e.g. BBC1.
:rolleyes:
Also check that you have the right codes check out: http://members.fortunecity.com/gazers/

[ 05-07-2001: Message edited by: Highlander ]

thanks for the advice , i put my od on this morning and its ok it only seems to happen when od has been on for a few hours so at nighttime sports channels and premier and movie max all go off after 30 secs?
cheers
mm
p.s. should i take my card out when not watching?

what is kevlar, will i have to get someone to programe card again.
mm.

Kevlar 1.3 is the new software that is working against your card geting ECM's from OD, which yes you will need a programmer to install it onto your card m8.
I must say that up to now only my philips box as been affected by this, the pace and nokia boxs are still holding out to all this ECMs so i shall be carrying on useing the dbmg2 on them untill they do knock them out.........Gazer :)

thanks for all the advice but any ideas why the sports channels & premiere /movie max stay on during the day then go off at night???

what is the best programmer to get and how much do they cost at a local computer fair.
mm

I bought my ***anium Max programmer from Westland Electronics at my local computer fair. Programmer, 1 Gold Card and 1 Serial Lead for £55 (push for the price though and if you can avoid the older guy it's a better deal). You can find them online at www.westlandelectronics.co.uk ,they will let you know when they are at a local show on this site.

cheers mate, im off to a comp fair tomorrow in liverpool , but if i remember last time i went they wanted £75 for an elvis programmer.
but i'll shop around.
mm

hi mate try divineo as gazer said elvis is a
great programmer and very easy to use only had mine 10 mins and did first card and im
not the best at this sort of thing also i
got great service from them
good luck
its great to get the cobwebs blown out now
and then

hi peeps, had a look at divineo and going to get an elvis. last night i wanted to watch a film on premiere at 9pm so i left my od on that channel from about 6pm just to see if it would go off again,and it stayed on but as soon as i turned over after the film all sky channels went off,so will try it again tonight to see if it stays on.
mm

Back