Car Ownership Legal Question

When you dont tax a car you have to fill in a SORN certificate to state it is off the road but because Kris gf sold the car and did what she should by filling in her part of the form for selling it then she wouldnt have filled in a SORN because the car wasn't hers anymore, besides that...the car got a parking ticket which would have proved to them it wasn't in the back garden.

oh i see-----------so its a case of finding the buyer and getting him to pay his due's then m8

the seller has to send the blue part of the logbook back if u dont u have to pay the fines

Yes benny m8, thats about it.

As smirf said, it's up to the seller to send off the slip to say he/she sold the car to such and such, then it would be up to such and such to tax or SORN the car. A lot of car dealers will send the slip away for you but if you sell private then best to do it yourself.

tbh there system has been up in the air recently and you arent required to monitor the post office. i recently had a similar letter so just replied detailing when i had sold it (didnt even have buyer details) i had no further problems

tbh there system has been up in the air recently and you arent required to monitor the post office. i recently had a similar letter so just replied detailing when i had sold it (didnt even have buyer details) i had no further problems

Fantastic! Happy days. Well I wrote up the letter yesterday and once she can find a document she has with the registration on it to put in there, she's sending it off. Hope that will be the end of it.

Thanks everyone :Clap:

Back