car keys locked in boot of car

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just opened the boot on my recently pruchsed for focus 04 and put the keys down in the boot and locked them in.
anyone got any idea's ?.

just opened the boot on my recently pruchsed for focus 04 and put the keys down in the boot and locked them in.
anyone got any idea's ?.

Depends on if the car is deadlocked or not mate ? Was the car double locked ?

i opened the boot only off the key lock , got stuff out the boot then just shut it.it was central locked last night.

happened to me not so long ago, i have a fiesta, my dad has a transit and the van key worked on the driver door but no other lock, try a key of another car the same make ie ford, vaxhall.

There are vidz on youtube about getting in with tennis balls and stuff but dont think these will work

i opened the boot only off the key lock , got stuff out the boot then just shut it.it was central locked last night.

Right, so when you locked it last night... did you just lock it once, with the key button.. or did you push it twice so the indicators flashed ?

happened to me not so long ago, i have a fiesta, my dad has a transit and the van key worked on the driver door but no other lock, try a key of another car the same make ie ford, vaxhall.

There are vidz on youtube about getting in with tennis balls and stuff but dont think these will work

All depends on if its deadlocked or not mate lol. pretty sure tennis ball trick wont work on this as the locks are solenoid not air pressure fed.

anyone got any idea's ?.

If you belong to the AA or RAC, they can help you out, but It will cost you.

Did you only have one set?(bad idea), or were both sets together? (even worse idea)

Right, so when you locked it last night... did you just lock it once, with the key button.. or did you push it twice so the indicators flashed ?

All depends on if its deadlocked or not mate lol. pretty sure tennis ball trick wont work on this as the locks are solenoid not air pressure fed.

pretty sure only pressed it once ,,,cant 100% sure of that but i honestly didnt know you could prees twice so im more sure than not i didnt.

as for the AA ? im covered but not for that.i gave them a call and got some wankbag of a jobs worth.
i said i'll upgrade to to the next cover £38 cost and ring back saturday.he said " sorry but im now aware of this and you cant".feckin dickhead

get a metal coat hanger and slide it though the top of the door and force the handle out so it opens works for thieves but i aint tried it honest

You could always get 1 of these

DealExtreme: $138.18 Auto Locks & Door Locks Toolkit with Chinese DVD Training Video

or

DealExtreme: $50.53 Electronic Power Lock Pick Gun with W/L LED Illumination (8-Piece Set)

or even this

DealExtreme: $22.58 SILCA HU-66 Inner Groove Lock Pick (Vehicles)

The 2nd 1 looks like you have to play about with it because the batteries arnt strong enough to run the gun but they say it works.

Good luck m8

Thats the trouble with a ford lol my renault wont let me lock the keys inside the car it just wont lock if the keys are inside.

Right you got a few choices here.

Firstly bend the top of the door. Bit more difficult on newer cars. Get someone out to open the door, mobile locksmith going to cost you about £100 for them to open the boot.

Have you reported this?? Smash the back window through, get the keys out, then call insurance company and claim malicious damage or something.

i cant get a pubic hair down the top of the door ne mind a coathanger !!.

smash the smallest window and get in that way

claim on insurance or buy get a 2nd hand window

yep , thought of that but i prefer to try and find a method if possbile that doesnt require me to damage the car.

Sadly I can't see a way around this without breaking a window. My missus has a 04 plate Focus and the unlock button can't be got at with a coat hanger as you'll have to rock it, it's a rocker type button.

How about some how attempting to get the glass out of the front quarter light and pressing the remote boot unlock button on the dash? It's triangular shaped far right of the dash.

If it's not double locked you may be able to do this, unfortunately she's out so I can't replicate the actions suggested (not the window bit, mind, lol).

I was going to sit in the car and get her to single lock it and see if I can unlock the boot that way.

If the door isnt deadlocked I would go for the coathanger trick every time. Pull the door out a bit at the top and wedge it there with something then feed the coathanger through the gap.

Ive just tried to see if the boot release on the dash works when the car is single locked on an 08 fiesta and it doesnt work. So you will have to try to get the door handle instead. Ive done it before on a few cars its not that hard.

EDIT: just read what edds said about the unlock button, sounds like a pain in the arse.

Rather than smash a window I would ring a locksmith who has a set of ford picks and get them to pick the boot lock.

Also do you have the key numbers anywhere, you can get any ford dealer to cut you a key from the numbers!

Last edited:
yeah found out the coat hanger just wont go in ,,,there's a lip that wont allow it to go in.ive bent the door a fair way with a wooden wedge and no joy.

My mates g/friend done the exact same thing and she ended up havin to call someone out to open the boot for her. Its goin to cost money whatever way you do it so you may as well get someone who knows what there doin and your car won't be damaged.

Back