Cant pick up any freeview hd channels

tricksterdude

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a problem. I've just bought a 32" samsung with built in HD freeview. I've scanned a few times but I just cant pick up any of the HD channels. According to the website I should be able to get them, I'm in Alloa, but no matter what I try they won't appear in the list. Anyone got any ideas?

I found freeview HD very sketchy with a stand alone box :( some times they would find them and some times find them then update and then they went missing, really strange had full signal etc.

I sent it back :)

We ain't got Freeview HD here yet but do you need a Hi-Gain aerial? Can you see the signal strength on SD & HD channels?
Don't think there's any Alloa games on HD anyway mate, not worth watching :proud:
HH.

According to the signal meter on the telly we're getting a signal of 85, I assume that's out of 100. We've got a rooftop aerial.

sent fae ma phone using tip tappity talk :p

try a manual scan on channel 59

sent from my bedroom using a shitty £4.99 keyboard.

Last edited:
the only other thing i can think of

and may not be right is u have horizontal and vertical meaning

---- this way and |
|this way can you turn ur aerial around and the do a scan??

Googled from another forum, posted in january this year.
Not sure if it's helpful lol :

Dear ######
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Customer Reference: ####

Thank you for contacting us regarding your LE40B550A5W and the recent issue you have experienced.

The integrated Freeview within your television will not be able to process a HD Freeview signal, to enable this the television digitaltuner must be DVB-T2.

Currently Samsung Televisions along with all other manufacturers are only able to receive the current standard definition FREEVIEW (Digital) broadcasts on DVB-T.

The new High Definition transmissions will be broadcast on the new specification DVB-T2, these transmissions cannot be viewed on existing & current Freeview (Digital) televisions.

It is expected there will be Samsung televisions able to receive the new DVB-T2 transmissions next year.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you. If you do have any
further queries, please donot hesitate to contact us quoting your ####
reference number.

KindRegards
Amy

even though most 'hd ready' tv cant process a HD Freeview signal, but is it possible to actually see the hd channel when doing a search, like satellite receivers??

Googled from another forum, posted in january this year.
Not sure if it's helpful lol :

Dear ######
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Customer Reference: ####

Thank you for contacting us regarding your LE40B550A5W and the recent issue you have experienced.

The integrated Freeview within your television will not be able to process a HD Freeview signal, to enable this the television digitaltuner must be DVB-T2.

Currently Samsung Televisions along with all other manufacturers are only able to receive the current standard definition FREEVIEW (Digital) broadcasts on DVB-T.

The new High Definition transmissions will be broadcast on the new specification DVB-T2, these transmissions cannot be viewed on existing & current Freeview (Digital) televisions.

It is expected there will be Samsung televisions able to receive the new DVB-T2 transmissions next year.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you. If you do have any
further queries, please donot hesitate to contact us quoting your ####
reference number.

KindRegards
Amy

It's deffo an HD tune that's in it. Spoke to someone yesterday and it seems we need to upgrade our aerial. Anyone know where I can get one that's reasonably priced?

It's deffo an HD tune that's in it. Spoke to someone yesterday and it seems we need to upgrade our aerial. Anyone know where I can get one that's reasonably priced?

what is the model number of ur tv
you can have a hd tv but only a standard freeview reciver in the tv

It's an HD freeview tuner that's in it. I specifically bought it for that reason.

Samsung LE32C580 32 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview HD LCD TV.

Last edited:
Back