cant install anything after 4.2 update

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, ive just updated a wii to 4.2 from 4.0 that had everyhitng onit, hbc, bootmii 2 and usbloader, bearing in mind i done 2 more wiis 2night aswell that went perfect, anyway updated wii to 4.2 and the hbc and usbloader channel was still there, so thought wierd thought everything was meant to be wiped off like the last 2 wiis, so i tested bootmii2 but no joy that had been wiped, so tried installing bootmii again and it said cannot install they is no vunrable ios and wont you a fake assigned one, check bootmii.org for latest version if this is latest version then suck it, or sumthing like that, so deleted all channels thinking that might help ,no joy, then even did a wii format, tried installing bannerbomb hack again still no joy, went to try a system update but latest update already on wii it said, im really stuck dont no wot to do, can someone please help me with this be much appreciated , thanks for reading

Why own so many Wii's in the 1st place?

i tried that new 4.2 hack m8, wen i go to the first bit thats wen it says bout no vunrable ios etc etc , i click on the sd card from the main wii menu and it comes up load boot.dol, do that then hackmii message is it ? comes up,you press 1 to continue then immediatly that error bout not been able to install comes up, ive got a nand backup but no way to use it, i could go back to 3.2 wiv the backup and update to 4.2 again, is there a way to get bootmii2 installed apart from this 4.2 hack ?

starpatch for the 4.2 wii is out,,,,are you just trying to make sure you have some security inplace?

There has been 2 4.2 updates for the wii, the first 3.2 update was a proper one and you can install stuff onto it, the second minor update was about 1 month ago it kept the version number as 4.2 but stopped all the bootmii and HBC installs working, and at the moment there is no way to softmod the latest 4.2 update.

starpatch for the 4.2 wii is out,,,,are you just trying to make sure you have some security inplace?

im wanting everything back on it,hbc,bootmii,usbloader, i updated to 4.2 thinking it would do the same as the other wiis i have done and totally wiped everything and have a totally virgin wii, then apply the 4.2 hack of bannerbomb, but i updated and everything went tits up, it only wiped bootmii, so i manually wiped hbc and usbloader channel and tried installing the new 4.2 hack but it comes up with that message when trying, so i formatted the wii and tried installing 4.2 hack again to no joy,

when i try and start the bannerbomb this is the installer notes it leaves on the sd card

HackMii v0.6 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 36 rev 0xffff
55 titles are installed
Found IOS 254: revision: 0x104.
Found IOS 223: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 222: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 57: revision: 0x161d.
Found IOS 16: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x300.
Found IOS 70: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 56: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 52: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 46: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 45: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 43: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 41: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 40: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 61: revision: 0x151d.
Found IOS 60: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 55: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 53: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 51: revision: 0x1300.
Found IOS 50: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 38: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 37: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 250: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 249: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 35: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 34: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 33: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 31: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 30: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 28: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 22: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 20: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 17: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 15: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 14: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 13: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 12: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 11: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 21: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x1e2.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 4: revision: 0xff00.
IOS versions: Installer: 0, HBC: 61, DVDX: 0
got no usable IOS for the installer
starting preparationspreparations done!This installer can NOT continue!

There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to
security reasons.

Look for an updated version at:
http://bootmii.org

If this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

i have no idea what any of this means

@dilly

Dop-Ios mod --> Choose 249

Install Ios 36 v1042.
Install Ios 61 v4890..

NO to sig hash..

Run Hackmii ..

let me know how u get on. :Cheers:

last time i used the dopios app i ran it threw the hbc, im not sure how i would go about starting the app with out the hbc installed ?

last time i used the dopios app i ran it threw the hbc, im not sure how i would go about starting the app with out the hbc installed ?

u could use the boot.dol OF THE DOPIOS APP on sd root for bannerbomb m8.

Last edited:
thing is bannerbomb wont start thats whne i get that message i posted a few posts back, ive tried just the boot.elf on its own on the sd card from bannerbomb but doesnt do anything, any other ways to get hbc installed , thanks for reading and helping is appreciated

thing is bannerbomb wont start thats whne i get that message i posted a few posts back, ive tried just the boot.elf on its own on the sd card from bannerbomb but doesnt do anything, any other ways to get hbc installed , thanks for reading and helping is appreciated

clear the private folder and put 4.2e bannerbomb on fresh m8 they clash if both on. then go through sd card menu on wii main screen

if it wont run when its supposed to (code dump) try putting the boot.dol of loadmii on root and bannerbomb that. it runs just about anything ;o)

Last edited:
just to clarify , you have tried the boot.dol of the dopios app in place of the normal file on sd root youd use in bannerbomb (hackmii installer)? so it runs dopios instead ?

i got the loadmii.dol to load with bannerbomb on the card, am i meant to have the boot.dol from bannerbomb sumwhere on the card then choose to load that when i get into loadmii screen ? while in loadmii screen i also had dop-ios mod in apps folder so i ran that, but when i chose 249 to install other ios's with it said choose a ios that allows fake assigning or something like that, should i tried running the bannerbomb boot.dol from the load mii screen if i put the boot.dol of bannerbomb in apps folder or sumthing ?

error message when trying to run that dop-ios mod after i choose the 249
error ! choose an ios that accepts fakesigning ! press a to continue

also put the boot.dol of bannerbomb hack into a folder in apps folder, ran loadmii boot.dol on wii and choose to run bb boot.elf, it ran normal to press number 1 to start hackmii but same error as when i try installing bb normally, there is no vulrable ios etc etc

Last edited:
just to clarify , you have tried the boot.dol of the dopios app in place of the normal file on sd root youd use in bannerbomb (hackmii installer)? so it runs dopios instead ?

i just tried it that way aswell same error as when i try running the dopios threw the loadmii

error choose an ios that accepts fakesigning, press a to continue

thats when choose 249 to install other ios;s, when dopios first starts it asks you to choose a ios and in earlier thread you said to try 249,
is there another to try or is 249 the only one

iom using dopsios v7 and i have just read v9 is out and it accepts fakesigning if needed so that will run i would of thought,im just looking for it now, ill try what you suggested a few posts back bout using 249 ,hopefully that bit will work

try ios 250 as well if its there in dopios m8 instead of 249

ok try this 1st u need to restore some trucha

ok, so im guessing you had cioscorp installed prior to this update?
so basically none of your IOS were updated by Nintendo.
ok move the IOS15-64-v257.wad to the wad folder on your sd card
then run anytitle deleter db [step 2]
choose IOS60 or 250 or something
and and delete IOS15.
then run wad manager 1.5 [find it if you dont already have it]
and install IOS15-64-v257.wad
from there move the IOS15-64-v257.wad file back to the root of your sd card and try TBR again.

dont know wat else to suggest m8 :eek:)

Last edited:
Back