cant flash from usb

cookie11

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,
i'm a newby to zgemma's I bought a box & was told to upgrade it by flashing to the latest via usb the thing is I can't get past the BOOT screen. ive tried different usb sticks but the same thing happens the same is if there is no usb stick in it ?
thanks

Format it with the HP format tool.

I take it your unraring the image and transferring the folder system to usb ?

If o and it still wont flash look inside the folder system and look for a file called noforce rename that to force and try again.

thanks for replying.
I thought i'd killed the box it just had the boot screen & nothing else.
anyway after being able to flash openatv 5.3, i'm back to where I started.

the instructions I was given say use FileZilla & find the zgemma then go to var then etc then find the CCcam.cfg file but I cannot find the CCcam.cfg to put my free code in.

- - - Updated - - -

the code is just a c:**** *** etc is there another way to do this. thanks

Last edited:
thanks for replying.
I thought i'd killed the box it just had the boot screen & nothing else.
anyway after being able to flash openatv 5.3, i'm back to where I started.

the instructions I was given say use FileZilla & find the zgemma then go to var then etc then find the CCcam.cfg file but I cannot find the CCcam.cfg to put my free code in.

- - - Updated - - -

the code is just a c:**** *** etc is there another way to do this. thanks

Youll have to make a CCcam.cfg

Use notepad++ select new paste you line into it and save the file as CCcam.cfg then ftp that in the etc.

tried it with formatting usb differently as you said & unzipped files onto usb stick. still wont recognise it so i'll try the notebook way.
thanks

- - - Updated - - -

also is there a special way to get it to flash from the usb . like holding in the button on the front etc ?

- - - Updated - - -

its strange as the light on my usb stick is flashing so it is trying to read it ?

- - - Updated - - -

ok going to try the notepad way , does the CCcam.cfg go in the var/etc/ or just the etc/ .
thanks again

ok getting really peed off now... I've got the cfg file in the etc on the zgemma now it says in the instructions go to the box & from the main menu , press the blue button & go to CCcam info>"servers".
Can I hell as like find either of those anywhere????/?

press
MENU>SETUP>SOFTCAM

and start the cam, also enable at startup,

just thinking, have you downloaded cccam from the download feeds?

ok getting really peed off now... I've got the cfg file in the etc on the zgemma now it says in the instructions go to the box & from the main menu , press the blue button & go to CCcam info>"servers".
Can I hell as like find either of those anywhere????/?
go to setup. Softcam manager.
Select CCcam.2.3.0 and start your cam.

Once it starts enable startup so when box boots cam will start.

Be 100% sure you have typed everything in properly in CCcam.cfg file.
It should be like this. (take note of spaces)

C: HOST PORT USER PASS

Last edited:
press
MENU>SETUP>SOFTCAM

and start the cam, also enable at startup,

just thinking, have you downloaded cccam from the download feeds?

No not downloaded anything. Just got the file from the supplier of the box & instructions which don't seem to work. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What submenu is the softcam in or do I need to download it first. Thanks again & again. :)

No not downloaded anything. Just got the file from the supplier of the box & instructions which don't seem to work. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What submenu is the softcam in or do I need to download it first. Thanks again & again. :)

here's a handy vid for you to watch..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It covers installing the cam from about 6 minutes in,
might be worth watching it all through if you are unfamilier with boxes in general.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If your still struggling then use wooshmans or ipabs backup builds,so easy to use for beginners

thanks guys. will let u know tomorrow how I got on..
cheer's

sandisk cruzer is beneficial to the hit and miss
power on with usb in
hold front power button.

i would try with a clean firmware, just to get it working

i always put the usb in the rear, but alot of people use the front with no problems
press the front power twice until it says flsh

i would try with a clean firmware, just to get it working

i always put the usb in the rear, but alot of people use the front with no problems
press the front power twice until it says flsh
Hi, ive got by box up & running using the wooshbuild V5 & also got the EPG working but it looks like I must have done something wrong with the CCcam.cfg file as it hasn't loaded. Can anyone who knows wooshbuild let me know how to reinstall it.
Thanks

Yessssssss done it.
All set up & working with either slyk hd skin or skyQ cant decide. on wooshbuild v5.
thanks guys
from a very happy person.
cheers

Try both skins cookie,woosh build allows you to add your line via a usb plugin which is very easy,There is a big bust up going on at the moment on TK forum and they have Pissed off kiddac who does the Slyk skin so you may need a link for that skin as he has deleted all files on that forum,You can still download it via his other method

I got the download via YouTube which had both skins included. I'm sticking with slyk as its the easiest for my Mrs & daughter to use. & after a bit of messing I got the cccam via USB to work( had to copy the file on the box to my USB via the file explorer on the box).
Just got to find out what else there is to play with.

Last edited:
Try both skins cookie,woosh build allows you to add your line via a usb plugin which is very easy,There is a big bust up going on at the moment on TK forum and they have Pissed off kiddac who does the Slyk skin so you may need a link for that skin as he has deleted all files on that forum,You can still download it via his other method

I have said skin and I will upload it later on today

also personally I would ditch cccam and either use mgcamd or oscam

what else is there that's worth installing on the box ?
Is kodi worth installing if possible as I know there are a few movie apps & youtube on it as standard .

Back