Can Liverpool Win The Title?

Will Liverpool Win The Premiership Title?

• Total voters
forwards- berbatov,rooney,tevez,ronaldo,manucho
Midfield- carrick, scholes, hargreaves, giggs, park, fletcher, oh'shea,nani,anderson
Defence- Neville, brown, ferdinand,vidic, evra
Keeper-kuszcazak-vds-foster

Not to shabby if ya ask anyone with eyes

looked at liverpools squad and it was shitot fuckin champions elect.

Thers you answer i now await the scouse art of deflection

did borrow some scouse eyes tho

You were doing so well in your 1st post mrplumb but you have let yourself down, come on pal....you have seen the ManU supporters on this forum saying drop Rooney cos he isnt class, yet non ManU supporters disagreeing. But then you went and put in Scholes, Giggs, Park, O'Shea and to claim they are class now is silly and to even mention Fletcher in the same sentence as of the others is just wrong. You lost Ronaldo to injury at start of season and for all the class all over the park that you have....you just couldnt cover for him.

You have a good squad but to say they are all class is the pot calling the kettle black in regards to "ask anyone with eyes"

Have you got something against Norn Iron players because Vidic was out and a class player replaced him but you faileed to mention him....:proud:

BTW....To everyone else that reads this. Please read the title of the poll. It says "CAN Liverpool win the title" some people seem to think it says Will they win the title so therefore they argue just for the sake of it, Man City can win it or Aston Villa, it is possible but I dont think they will win it.

As a Liverpool supporter i have to say we can win but to be honest its gonna be tough,
If we continue to play as well as we have and when we play shite still grind out a win then yes we can, we need to do well over Xmas and if we do then i believe the title will be ours.

So you have an old injured Neville as only cover at the back

Old giggs, scholes (lets face it, well past their best) and fletcher, oshea (come on!) as class cover in midfield

And the out and out goalscorers of tevez, rooney and berbatoss!

Man utd are crazy if they think they have a deep squad! Its already shown beginning of this season, if wonderboy aint playing you will struggle!

Giggs n Scholes would still walk in any team inc yours as would nev. Id rather have neville coming in than daniel agger. Who you ask Agger he plays for l/pool. Not a bad bit of cover if you ask me. Tev,Roo and Berbs hope your not suggesting they arent class. I was calling for roo to be benched as tevez was performing better at the time. But class is permanent,f form temporary. Im talking about proven players Fletch can handle it and is class o'shea has his days but still an international. But i see weve picked up on the poorer players and forgot to see that the midfield was packed with class. Nani,Anderson,carrick,hargreaves,park

Heres the Liverpool squad in full, im not having a go just being honest. I dont think the squad below has the depth of either utd or chelsea and think that will decide the resting place of P/L trophy.

Diego Cavalieri?
Andrea Dossena ?
Sami Hyypia
Daniel Agger
Robbie Keane
Steven Gerrard
Fernando Torres
Andriy Voronin?
Albert Riera
Fabio Aurelio
Xabi Alonso
Yossi Benayoun
Jermaine Pennant
Alvaro Arbeloa
Dirk Kuyt
Ryan Babel
Javier Mascherano
Lucas Leiva ?
Emiliano Insua?
Jamie Carragher
David Ngog ?
Pepe Reina
Jay Spearing?
Philipp Degen?
Damien Plessis?
Krisztian Nemeth?
Charles Itandje?
Nabil El Zhar?
Stephen Darby?
Martin Kelly?
Ryan Flynn?
Steven Irwin? Oh the corocodile man !!!
Martin Skrtel
Craig Lindfield?
Nathan Eccleston?
Martin Hansen?
Peter Gulacsi?
-
Godwin Antwi?
-
Daniel Sanchez Ayala
-
Vincent Lucas Weijl?
-
Vitor Coutinho Flora?
-
Zsolt Poloskei?
-
Dean Bouzanis?
-
Emmanuel Mendy?
-
Nikola Saric?
-
Paul Anderson?
-
Gerardo Alfredo Bruna Blanco?
-
Daniel Pacheco?
-
Mikel San Jose Dominguez?
-
Jordy Brouwer?
-
Ryan Crowther?
-
Sebastian Leto?
-
Gary Mackay-Steven?
-
Andras Simon?
-
Ray Putterill?
-
Francisco Duran?
-
Robbie Threlfall?
-
Miki Roque?
-
Jack Hobbs?
-
Ronald Huth?
-
David Martin?
-
Adam Hammill?

Giggs n Scholes would still walk in any team inc yours as would nev. Id rather have neville coming in than daniel agger. I was calling for roo to be benched as tevez was performing better at the time. But class is permanent,f form temporary. Im talking about proven players Fletch can handle it and is class o'shea has his days but still an international. But i see weve picked up on the poorer players and forgot to see that the midfield was packed with class. Nani,Anderson,carrick,hargreaves,park

Most times its easy to get a good debate with you but sometimes you say ridiculous things. Scholes n Giggs would not get on for us, thats like me saying that Sammi Hyppia would get on before Vidic in Utd team, you would laugh at that so I am laughing at your suggestion. Roy Keane will take them though....Neville...lmao, when was the last good game he had, the last time he did anything worth talking about was kissing his badge at the Liverpool fans. Agger is a good player who had a bad injury but his time will come.
You wanted Rooney benched and the benched him for 1/2 a game, I bet if he hadnt scored you would be calling for him to be benched again. You can and have convinced yourself that Fletcher and O'Shea are class but you will not convince anyone else....we have eyes....pmsl.
I know quite a lot of Man U fans and they all groan is any of those 2 are playing.
And yet you still left out Jonny Evans who will one day be Utd captain.

You were doing so well in your 1st post mrplumb but you have let yourself down, come on pal....you have seen the ManU supporters on this forum saying drop Rooney cos he isnt class, yet non ManU supporters disagreeing. But then you went and put in Scholes, Giggs, Park, O'Shea and to claim they are class now is silly and to even mention Fletcher in the same sentence as of the others is just wrong. You lost Ronaldo to injury at start of season and for all the class all over the park that you have....you just couldnt cover for him.

You have a good squad but to say they are all class is the pot calling the kettle black in regards to "ask anyone with eyes"

Have you got something against Norn Iron players because Vidic was out and a class player replaced him but you faileed to mention him....:proud:

Ronnies the best player in the world how do you cover for that (messi perhaps). Park is class a very unsung hero if ya ask me. As for the scotland captain well he is utd top scorer at the minute lol. Just have a look at the benches on a saturday afternoon. Me thinks Chelsea is the strongest then utd then after that arse or scouse. Giggs and scholes will always be class!!!! it dosent just go!!!

strongest then utd then after that arse or scouse. Giggs and scholes will always be class!!!! it dosent just go!!!

It doesnt go, but the ability to use it does! Speed DOES go with age , Injuries occur more often etc

And I didnt pick on the poorest players, The argument was strength in depth and the players I mentioned are your backup if im not mistaken!

Nobody is arguing your first team isnt good (lucky mind) but you talk about squad quality and your as weak as the arse!

hehehe come on man u equal those titles!!!!!!!

when did liverpool last win the fa cup (any lfc fan) and how many have they won??

1 behind in leauge
2 in european cup
not sure on carling cup(and previous named)
not sure on other european cups either/..

Liverpool won the Fa Cup two seasons ago when they beat west ham in the final.

btw is the poll "Can Liverpool Win It or Do You Want Liverpool To Win It ?"

Last edited:
You wanted Rooney benched and the benched him for 1/2 a game, I bet if he hadnt scored you would be calling for him to be benched again. You can and have convinced yourself that Fletcher and O'Shea are class but you will not convince anyone else....we have eyes....pmsl.
I know quite a lot of Man U fans and they all groan is any of those 2 are playing.
And yet you still left out Jonny Evans who will one day be Utd captain.

That stint on the bench had him chomping at the bit. Its sometimes good for a player to see things from the stands and in Roo's case it worked and to be honest i thought it might. I used to be a groaner when i saw Fletch and O'shea in the team but Fletch has come on magnificently and has proved to be a big game player and a match winner. He got some very valuable goals one against chelsea last season i think in a very tight game and yes i have convinced myself that Fletcher has class or is it just me and George Burley. O'shea i used to rate but he hasnt progressed as well as i thought he would. Still got us a match winner (you may well remember it non so fondly lol) and that unclassy player was in a side that left Anfield with 3 points and ten men. These 2 players have the unenviable tag of utility players and come in and do a job anywhere on the park ive seen em play near every position, Jonny's even played in goal ffs. They may not be the best players out there but players like them are vital to man yoo and add to the overall strength of an already awesome first 11. I didnt include young jonny as although he did really well magnificently so in fact, he isnt yet proven and i quite agree this lad is the future for us he just has to prove it long term. As for your eyes ive posted a pic of em up there somewhere lol

Still dont think l/poo CAN win the league so there.
rasssssssssssssssssssp:tongue:

Last edited:
Most times its easy to get a good debate with you but sometimes you say ridiculous things. Scholes n Giggs would not get on for us, thats like me saying that Sammi Hyppia would get on before Vidic in Utd team, you would laugh at that so I am laughing at your suggestion. Roy Keane will take them though....Neville...lmao, when was the last good game he had, the last time he did anything worth talking about was kissing his badge at the Liverpool fans.

Scholes and giggs get a game for the champions of Europe and England but wouldnt get in Liverpools team. WTF !!!!! This is dilusion jaffa lad, why if they get in the champions team would they not get into a fourth placed team? Scholes is better than Alonso (still). Hes far better than beniyoooon. Yet them pair get a game.

Scholes and giggs get a game for the champions of Europe and England but wouldnt get in Liverpools team. WTF !!!!! This is dilusion jaffa lad, why if they get in the champions team would they not get into a fourth placed team? Scholes is better than Alonso (still). Hes far better than beniyoooon. Yet them pair get a game.

I like Scholes and I like Giggs but they are not full time players for you lot and a lot of Man U fans on this forum and many others would not even have them in the team, its only your opinion that he is better than Alonso, remember Alonso was part of Spanish team that won the Euro's. Scholes is better than Benni...no argument there m8 but Benni is a bit part player for us.

I will ask you a question and any other Man U fan....would you have Scholes and Giggs on before Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and maybe even Park & Nani. Judging by previous posts on this forum, I think you wil find the answer is no from Man U fans alone.

Last time we played, our midfield out bossed and out played your midfield, why would we need 2 good but ageing players. They may get a bit part but they would not be 1st choice. (as it is for them with you lot, they are squad players)

It was reported today that Fergie said Jonny Evans will one day replace Rio.......:proud:

Last edited:
I like Scholes and I like Giggs but they are not full time players for you lot and a lot of Man U fans on this forum and many others would not even have them in the team, its only your opinion that he is better than Alonso, remember Alonso was part of Spanish team that won the Euro's. Scholes is better than Benni...no argument there m8 but Benni is a bit part player for us.

I will ask you a question and any other Man U fan....would you have Scholes and Giggs on before Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and maybe even Park & Nani. Judging by previous posts on this forum, I think you wil find the answer is no from Man U fans alone.

Last time we played, our midfield out bossed and out played your midfield, why would we need 2 good but ageing players. They may get a bit part but they would not be 1st choice. (as it is for them with you lot, they are squad players)

It was reported today that Fergie said Jonny Evans will one day replace Rio.......:proud:

No without question id rather have the more youthful players in but having them pair in your squad gives you options that win titles and this is my argument as for can l/poo win the league. They aint got a scholes or a giggs knocking about on the sidelines. They aint got nani or park to come on. They aint got no fletchers or o'sheas waiting for a chance. No jonny evans or time served nevilles. No striker battles ie rooney/tevez/berbatov. One big injury and the jobs gone tits up in my opinion. Stevie g out for a month = total disaster. No Torres and your stuck with fuckin kuyt this is my reasoning. 2 seasons ago i said you was maybe 6 big players away now your probly 2 or 3 so its goin in the right direction.

ps dont be decieved by your win against utd m8 you played us at the best possible time (we was struggling for form) and then still needed a helping hand along the way. If that was your best then im afraid it will fall short come trophy time. For 20 minutes utd played like utd and it was looking decidedly gloomy always remember that when your off winning titles in your mind.

Last edited:
No without question id rather have the more youthful players in but having them pair in your squad gives you options that win titles and this is my argument as for can l/pool win the league. They aint got a scholes or a giggs knocking about on the sidelines. They aint got nani or park to come on. They aint got no fletchers or o'sheas waiting for a chance. No jonny evans or time served nevilles. No striker battles ie rooney/tevez/berbatov. One big injury and the jobs gone tits up in my opinion. Stevie g out for a month = total disaster. No Torres and your stuck with fuckin kuyt this is my reasoning. 2 seasons ago i said you was maybe 6 big players away now your probly 2 or 3 so its goin in the right direction.

Your argument is flawed...it is a fact we can win it but not a fact we will win it and thats my argument......go on mrplumb say it, it wont hurt honest. I will even except you can win it but you wont as your sh1t.:Cheers:

No harder worker in our team than Kuyt, he plays for the shirt, we bought him as a striker and he was pants at that but he is now a very good wide player, I wouldnt swap him for Fletcher and Oshea put together. You are right though, we are still a few quality players short in the squad but some of the young uns might progress...who knows.

BTW....I am not deceived by our win, the match lasts 90 minutes not 20 and you were not the only team struggling for form, we are still struggling but grinding out results.

Last edited:
Your argument is flawed...it is a fact we can win it but not a fact we will win it and thats my argument......go on mrplumb say it, it wont hurt honest. I will even except you can win it but you wont as your sh1t.:Cheers:

No harder worker in our team than Kuyt, he plays for the shirt, we bought him as a striker and he was pants at that but he is now a very good wide player, I wouldnt swap him for Fletcher and Oshea put together. You are right though, we are still a few quality players short in the squad but some of the young uns might progress...who knows.

BTW....I am not deceived by our win, the match lasts 90 minutes not 20 and you were not the only team struggling for form, we are still struggling but grinding out results.

Kuyt's a first team player and very similar in skill levels to fletcher or o'shea you bought him as a striker and he was pants so what if torres gets injured for a month. I will stick with my statement liverpool cant win the league, but ill also add because there shit lol.

No without question id rather have the more youthful players in but having them pair in your squad gives you options that win titles and this is my argument as for can l/poo win the league. They aint got a scholes or a giggs knocking about on the sidelines. They aint got nani or park to come on. They aint got no fletchers or o'sheas waiting for a chance. No jonny evans or time served nevilles. No striker battles ie rooney/tevez/berbatov. One big injury and the jobs gone tits up in my opinion. Stevie g out for a month = total disaster. No Torres and your stuck with fuckin kuyt this is my reasoning. 2 seasons ago i said you was maybe 6 big players away now your probly 2 or 3 so its goin in the right direction.

ps dont be decieved by your win against utd m8 you played us at the best possible time (we was struggling for form) and then still needed a helping hand along the way. If that was your best then im afraid it will fall short come trophy time. For 20 minutes utd played like utd and it was looking decidedly gloomy always remember that when your off winning titles in your mind.
isnt it amazing u play as man u for 20 min and then we pound fook out of u and it isnt because we where the best team it was because u started playing crap

fook off
u played crap because we out played u

as for the helping hand how about the helping foot last year the shot was about to hit the corner flag befoe teves put it in

Liverpool won the Fa Cup two seasons ago when they beat west ham in the final.

btw is the poll "Can Liverpool Win It or Do You Want Liverpool To Win It ?"

that wasnt an anrgument or a sarcastic queastion it was just a question i wanted an answer too

guys i love man u but fliddy fletcher??? get him on a stretcher PLEASE. juyt is just rank where ever he plays BUT i like the guy for the reasons i like tev and roo he runs him self into the ground every minute evry gsme that sometimes is worth more than skill.

isnt it amazing u play as man u for 20 min and then we pound fook out of u and it isnt because we where the best team it was because u started playing crap

fook off
u played crap because we out played u

as for the helping hand how about the helping foot last year the shot was about to hit the corner flag befoe teves put it in

just you shhhhh cause all you do is spout shhhhhit and then ban people for having a go back. iv yet to see a sensible word come out you in this thread.

and any one wants a little bat for charity if lfc win prem league then lets get it on personally i dont think they got a cat in hells chance .

I voted yes because you have gerrard and torres and they look the nuts

If they both can stay fit you can win the title.

But do not forget you have man u and chelsea also very strong.

Regards
Mickie D

just you shhhhh cause all you do is spout shhhhhit and then ban people for having a go back. iv yet to see a sensible word come out you in this thread.
whooooo i have never banned anybody for the banter between liverpool and manu
but if u want to put ur name in the hat it can soon happen and then u would be number 1
and the shit i have seen posted here is by sarcastic manu who wouldnt give us a chance but m8 just think i was watching football when man u shited was in div 2 and yes the english championship did excist before 1992
as for spouting off about saf
he will never be as good as paisley

Back