Can Liverpool Win The Title?

Will Liverpool Win The Premiership Title?

• Total voters

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
As the title says...

IMO I don't think they can... I think they'll be similar to Arsenal last season playing very well, and looking like they'll win the title, but they wont be able to sustain thier form...

I still think it will be between Man Yoo and Chelski, with Chelski edging it...

Mas m8 if you had done a poll with can Man Utd win the title this year you would probably get the reverse results to this poll.

Of course they can win it, I certainly don't expect any Manyoo fan to say yes though. We have not just beat but beat well the current EPL and CL champions so if the biased Man utd supporters want to rule us out just because they hate us then so be it but in the real world......it can happen, I am not saying it will happen be we have a good chance.

btw...we are fek all like Arsenal last year...we are not playing that well, we are grinding out results.

Mas m8 if you had done a poll with can Man Utd win the title this year you would probably get the reverse results to this poll.

Of course they can win it, I certainly don't expect any Manyoo fan to say yes though. We have not just beat but beat well the current EPL and CL champions so if the biased Man utd supporters want to rule us out just because they hate us then so be it but in the real world......it can happen, I am not saying it will happen be we have a good chance.

btw...we are fek all like Arsenal last year...we are not playing that well, we are grinding out results.

I'm not biased mate, as in my post I'm tipping Chelsea to win the title...
I know they can win it, they obviously have the potential, I just want the opinion of the forum, hence the poll...

But your right about them not playing like Arsenal, dunno why I made that comparison... Wrong about that...

Still one or two world class players short of challenging for the title imo . I would be surprised if Chelsea or Utd would have been 2-0 down at half time.

As a liverpool fan I would just like to see us challenge come april. We can start talking about winning the title then.

ooooo, a tie at the moment:proud:

Not no more :proud:, well im going to say of course we can. Over the last few seasons we have been getting closer without starting very well, only going on a run so far into the season. But its different this year we have started well, winning when we play crap, that's how you win the league too. All we need is to keep it up and we may be up there come May.:banana:
Nice to see we have the backing of some of our Scottish Counterparts too. :Cheers:

I've just Liverpool ahead again Maz .TBH i'm not sure if they will win it but they could It's still early in the season and we are not playing that well at the moment but if you look at last season the form team in the run in was Liverpool so maybe if we can hang on in there for a couple of months you just never know what will happen

Not no more , well im going to say of course we can. Over the last few seasons we have been getting closer without starting very well, only going on a run so far into the season. But its different this year we have started well, winning when we play crap, that's how you win the league too. All we need is to keep it up and we may be up there come May.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and this maybe the Man Utd supporter in me saying this, infact I think it is so forgive me:proud:... but I seem to remember you fighting for the last champ league spot in previous seasons...

P.S. Please don't flame me for this. lol.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and this maybe the Man Utd supporter in me saying this, infact I think it is so forgive me:proud:... but I seem to remember you fighting for the last champ league spot in previous seasons...

Yeah you're right:feck: but we got there by going on our mid season runs, all we have been lacking is a good start, now we have that lets see where it takes us. Its exactly what we were missing last season when Rafa didn't play Torres at every opportunity, as soon as he did he started banging the goals in and we started winning. Now hes done it from the start this season. I think in the back of the players minds is that Man Utd can pull level on Titles won (18) this season so i think this maybe spurring the team and rafa on

Yeah you're right but we got there by going on our mid season runs, all we have been lacking is a good start, now we have that lets see where it takes us. Its exactly what we were missing last season when Rafa didn't play Torres at every opportunity, as soon as he did he started banging the goals in and we started winning. Now hes done it from the start this season. I think in the back of the players minds is that Man Utd can pull level on Titles won (18) this season so i think this maybe spurring the team and rafa on

Thank-you for not flaming me. lol.:banana:

P.S. Please don't flame me for this. lol.

Can't flame you for the truth Mas. Yeah we did struggle, thats the year (2005) we won the CL and we were 5th in league.

btw...we had a bloody good start to last season and blew it in the middle and left it too late to come back, even though we finished well. It's a bloody hard league to win, I am sure even the Manyoo supporters will admit that, we have to compete with you lot and thats not easy but its way too soon to be thinking we will win it, time will tell but we are in with a shout, thats all I'm saying.

LFC can win the title.
Providing we can keep our big players fit, and the refs don't keep disallowing good goals

I think lpool's issue every season seems to be consistency. A gr8 result against Utd was followed by a draw vs stoke. i think if lpool are there or thereabouts come feb/march i think they would have done really well considering for many years by xmas they have been out of the race. Also should they have any injuries to key players, do they have the quality to replace them? IMO i dont think so.

The strength/quality and depth of utd and chelsea is such that if one gets injured then another can do just a good a job. For me lpool haven't got that. Rafa's tinkering has sorta stopped which no doubt has helped the team but come jan/feb when the FA cup and champs league get going, providing lpool qualify for champs league knockout stages i can see rafa resting the likes of torres and gerrard.

For me its Utd or chelsea for the league and its going to be a really tough to call between the two.

not many seasons if any where we beat everton easily come from behind and beat man u go 2 down and come back to win away from home so i think it is a possibility we can win the title.
just got to tighten up and play a consistant team.
im not going to say we WILL win the league but we have got some good results and we need to build on that.
about time we seen players committed to our club for once though and prepared to grind these results out.

I don't know if we will win the league, but it wont be for the lack of commitment/excitement and good goals along the way

i clicked yes on thier perfomace so far

Looks like we have been delt a blow with Srktel injury. Difference this year is we have a great centre back in Agger to come in. He was just starting to moan a little about his chance, then this happens! Funny old game eh!

Back